Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Lynn: I agree, second trimester is so much better. I am feeling so much better than before.

I know a lot of people who are pregnant with me. My best friend growing up is due July 22 and I am due July 20, so that is fun. We like to compare how big we are getting and how we are feeling. My sister-in-law is due in August. I am glad my baby will have a cousin the same age. No one from my side will be popping any babies for a while. Plus, my husband has 3 cousins all having babies between May and August. It's kind of crazy.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Lynn: I agree, second trimester is so much better. I am feeling so much better than before.

I know a lot of people who are pregnant with me. My best friend growing up is due July 22 and I am due July 20, so that is fun. We like to compare how big we are getting and how we are feeling. My sister-in-law is due in August. I am glad my baby will have a cousin the same age. No one from my side will be popping any babies for a while. Plus, my husband has 3 cousins all having babies between May and August. It's kind of crazy.

My first has a cousin once removed (my cousin's kid) 1 month older, and a cousin (brother's kid) 2 months younger. We live in TN, and they live in Chicago and Springfield IL, respectively, so they don't get to grow up together, but they love seeing each other the time or two a year that they do, or talking or skyping a couple times a year too.

I remember growing up, in a family with TONS of kids and cousins etc that were always together, that the closest to my age were my 3-yr older bro and 3-yr younger sister! They all had cousings their age though, but I was in a cousin gap. So not fair :ohwell:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Luckily I'm still on Mat. Leave (I live in Canada - 1 year leave) and I don't have work to contend with on top of it all.

So how does that work? Will you go back in 3 months for 3 or 4 months then take leave again or just quit your job now? They would have to take you back just for those short weeks then give you a year leave again? Would you still get any paid leave then or do you have to be working for a period before you can claim that?

I will go back beginning of May. I work 12 hour days (paid for 11) so the hours add up fast. We need 600 hours between Maternity Leave claims. So I'll work May 3rd - August 18th (to make 618 hours). I gave my Human Resources Manager at my work the heads up about my pregnancy. She was happy for me. I needed to find out if my holiday time and sick leave I have in the bank would count as hours worked if I'm off on any such leave during that period. They count as hours worked so it's all good. So fours months more work and I'll have another year off. Not bad! After that time I'll see about about maybe going back job share.

Interesting. I took 2 weeks off with my first and am hoping maybe to get 3 with this one. All unpaid, and I've been at my same full time job 6 yrs by then. My 3 sick days a year also expire annually if I don't use them :grumble:

Time to move to Canada!! lol :-)
  • michelle201
    Options
    I would love to join. My husband and I are both trying to lose weight before we TTC. I wanted to lose about 50-80lbs. I know I have a long way to go but im gonna get there.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Interesting. I took 2 weeks off with my first and am hoping maybe to get 3 with this one. All unpaid, and I've been at my same full time job 6 yrs by then. My 3 sick days a year also expire annually if I don't use them :grumble:

Time to move to Canada!! lol :-)

Yeah, I would, except for all the damn Canadians up there! :wink: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

My first has a cousin once removed (my cousin's kid) 1 month older, and a cousin (brother's kid) 2 months younger. We live in TN, and they live in Chicago and Springfield IL, respectively, so they don't get to grow up together, but they love seeing each other the time or two a year that they do, or talking or skyping a couple times a year too.

I remember growing up, in a family with TONS of kids and cousins etc that were always together, that the closest to my age were my 3-yr older bro and 3-yr younger sister! They all had cousings their age though, but I was in a cousin gap. So not fair :ohwell:

:laugh: I'm currently the "baby" in my family. My step-brother has kids (just came into the "family" about 5 years ago) but they're adults at this point (18, 19, 20... something like that. Wow, I'm a terrible aunt :laugh:). This kid is going to be absolutely rotten it's been so long since there's been an actual baby for everyone to baby. Even my step-dad is insanely giddy about a baby.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    That is about the time I finally switched over to bigger clothing. Although I consider that I had made it to my 5th month.

Yeah, it's weird going by months or weeks since if I say 6 month now then I actually deliver at 10 months not 9.... i guess technically I made it all the way through 5+ mos of being preg, maybe longer once I find and unpack my normal jeans too since they do still button. Most of my fat pants are a little loser in the legs than I want this early as I will probably gain more if I start wearing them :laugh:

When/if you reach week 40 that is the start of the 10th month, so 22 weeks is 5 1/2 months.
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    My mother just told me my boobs looked huge. Thanks mom! :huh:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Haha! Huge boobs. Mine are already getting so big that I'm finding teeny stretch marks. My skin is so easily stretched.

I updated my profile pic to a belly bump shot. Everyone else was doing it! :laugh:
  • Rachickidee
    Options
    Haha! Huge boobs. Mine are already getting so big that I'm finding teeny stretch marks. My skin is so easily stretched.

I updated my profile pic to a belly bump shot. Everyone else was doing it! :laugh:

Very cute picture!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I love the new picture. Very cute.

I have this rash on my arms and legs... not sure what it is from. I can't figure it out :C Done with regulary season!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    can of paint + carpet = me pulling my hair out and wanting to cry
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Cute bump Brittony! My boobs were big to begin with, and have gotten quite a bit bigger already. I've been told they "peak" right after birth when your milk comes in, so I don't even know where to begin in terms of getting a bra for when we come home from the hospital.....
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Cute bump Brittony! My boobs were big to begin with, and have gotten quite a bit bigger already. I've been told they "peak" right after birth when your milk comes in, so I don't even know where to begin in terms of getting a bra for when we come home from the hospital.....

Some peoples boobs get really big and some don't I was a 34b before kids, went up to a 38d after delivery of my first then settled in a 36c. When I delivered my second I went to a 40dd then shrunk down to a 38c it is already tight on me but my boobs have become very hard lately and definately have milk or pre milk atleast. I have a bunch of nursing bras that are a 40d so I hope that they will work because it can get pretty expensive to buy a bunch of those.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    ha, I walked out in a t-shirt in jeans to go to dinner last night and my hubby said the same thing, that my boobs look way bigger...
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    ha, I walked out in a t-shirt in jeans to go to dinner last night and my hubby said the same thing, that my boobs look way bigger...

Hubby asked me last night WHEN mine are going to get bigger. :huh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Brittony -- love the bump!!

On the boobs, mine are at least a full cup size bigger than they were pre-preg but I feel like lately they're actually a little smaller than they were a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm just getting used to them.
    I had just purchased all kinds of nice 36C bras in August & September. I hadn't been smaller than a 38D since high school and had even gone up to a 42 band size at my highest weight. Luckily I hadn't yet thrown out my old 38D bras so I've just been wearing those & living with the band being too big. I tried on one of my newer bras about a month ago and I was ridiculously too big for it.

My crib bedding arrived yesterday! YAY! It's was more awesome than I had convinced myself it would be! Some pictures showed it being a much duller green & one showed it to be a brighter green. I saw a piece of it at Burlington when we were there & it was the lighter more powdery green (which I liked better than most of the pictures I had seen online) but the set I got IS the brighter more vibrant green which I LOVE! I had almost talked myself out of the bedding because I thought it was going to be the duller/more drab green. And, another awesome thing is that I ordered it on 2/8 and received it on 2/11... and when I ordered it, it was almost $20 less than it is right now! Yay! http://www.amazon.com/Carters-Elephant-Piece-Bedding-Green/dp/B0026O458Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297522184&sr=8-1

AND hubby stayed up until 3am cleaning out the nursery! Unfortunately he's mostly just shifting it from the nursery to the guest room right now but as long as it's getting out of baby's room I don't even care.
  • AnneElise
    Options

On the boobs, mine are at least a full cup size bigger than they were pre-preg but I feel like lately they're actually a little smaller than they were a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm just getting used to them.
    I had just purchased all kinds of nice 36C bras in August & September. I hadn't been smaller than a 38D since high school and had even gone up to a 42 band size at my highest weight. Luckily I hadn't yet thrown out my old 38D bras so I've just been wearing those & living with the band being too big. I tried on one of my newer bras about a month ago and I was ridiculously too big for it.

My crib bedding arrived yesterday! YAY! It's was more awesome than I had convinced myself it would be! Some pictures showed it being a much duller green & one showed it to be a brighter green. I saw a piece of it at Burlington when we were there & it was the lighter more powdery green (which I liked better than most of the pictures I had seen online) but the set I got IS the brighter more vibrant green which I LOVE! I had almost talked myself out of the bedding because I thought it was going to be the duller/more drab green. And, another awesome thing is that I ordered it on 2/8 and received it on 2/11... and when I ordered it, it was almost $20 less than it is right now! Yay! http://www.amazon.com/Carters-Elephant-Piece-Bedding-Green/dp/B0026O458Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297522184&sr=8-1

AND hubby stayed up until 3am cleaning out the nursery! Unfortunately he's mostly just shifting it from the nursery to the guest room right now but as long as it's getting out of baby's room I don't even care.

THis is what we need to do!!!
  • Rachickidee
    Options

I LOVE that bedding! It is so adorable!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

Hubby asked me last night WHEN mine are going to get bigger. :huh:

Pregnancy boobs are God's cruel joke on men. Finally they get huge and the last thing you want is anyone to touch them or see you naked! Then they get more sore and start leaking etc etc....