Pregnancy 2011-February

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Just found out one of my best friends is preggo!!! She is two months behind me, so just freshly pregnant but so excited we will be on maternity leave together and our children can play together, etc!

That's awesome! Funny how it happens. NONE of my friends have kids, not even people I used to be kind of friends with. :laugh: But one of my BEST friends from high school is about 5.5 weeks behind me. I can't believe I beat her to it. She's definitely the "family" type (whatever that means) and I'm definitely not. The reactions to her pregnancy from people we were close with in high school have been stuff like "It's about time!" and "Would've thought you'd have 3 by now" and the reactions to my pregnancy from the same people are "Holy *kitten*, WHAT?! :laugh: Which are the same reactions I got from them when I got married. :laugh: I don't blame them for reacting that way. In high school I never would've thought I'd be married with a kid no the way at 26 (intentionally, at least :laugh:). But it turns out I am that kind of girl afterall. :smile:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My hubby felt the baby kick for the first time last night. I must have a very active baby to be 19 weeks and have him already feel the twitching from the outside. He had to be very patient and just lay his hand on my belly while we watched How I Met Your Mother (love that show). All of the suddon he just looks at me with shock and awe on his face. She kept going for quite awhile too, kicking his thumb repeatedly. I love firsts like those.

My hubby still hasn't felt baby move! Either baby stops moving when he puts his hand on my belly, or he just doesn't feel it when he moves. And...I suppose the extra cushion I have (aka fat....) in between baby and hubby's hand doesn't help in terms of him being able to feel movement.

I feel him move quite a bit now throughout the day, and I'm definitely starting to notice a pattern of when he is awake.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days.. tried to read through most of the posts. I haven't been experiencing any symptoms yet besides being tired and ravenously hungry. I think I hit 5 weeks today or tomorrow.. everyone keeps asking me "Ya pukin' yet?"

Not looking forward to it.. but I read somewhere (out of the zillions of pregnancy websites I've gone through in the past few days) that the more you puke the more likely you are to have a girl. I'm hoping for a girl, so bring on the vomiting! Bleh. :\
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Yay for Friday! I am making a wedding cake this weekend, so that will pretty much take up my entire Friday night and Saturday until it is assembled at the hall. I'm gonna try my best to stay out of the buttercream frosting...but that stuff is sooo good!

Nothing really new going on with me pregnancy wise, the last few weeks have been pretty status quo, which is alright with me! I'm really loving the second trimester... :wink:

Looking forward to relaxing all day Sunday! Hope everyone has a good weekend :flowerforyou:
  • LynnW52
    Options
    It's been a few days.. tried to read through most of the posts. I haven't been experiencing any symptoms yet besides being tired and ravenously hungry. I think I hit 5 weeks today or tomorrow.. everyone keeps asking me "Ya pukin' yet?"

Not looking forward to it.. but I read somewhere (out of the zillions of pregnancy websites I've gone through in the past few days) that the more you puke the more likely you are to have a girl. I'm hoping for a girl, so bring on the vomiting! Bleh. :\

Not everyone gets morning sickness, while some people get it REALLY bad! I only got sick twice, and I think it was more the type of food that I ate not agreeing with me, rather than a pregnancy thing. At the very worst, I would get a little queasy, but as soon as I ate something I felt fine. Although I'm not sure how accurate the puking/gender theory is, I only got sick twice and I'm having a boy :happy:

Other people on this board have had a really hard time keeping anything at all down, so everyone is different.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

My friend and I had no puking. She ended up having a girl and I've been told that's what I'm having. No puking required :)
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I threw up 3-5 times a day for 8 weeks... I find out in 2 what I am having... lets see if your girl theory is correct... I have had others tell me the same thing.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Just found out one of my best friends is preggo!!! She is two months behind me, so just freshly pregnant but so excited we will be on maternity leave together and our children can play together, etc!

FUN!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    thats very sweet. Where did you get the onsie from in the end?

I ended up getting it from Babies R Us. Thanks for the recommendation!

I like there clothes. I was thinking about stealing your idea but we don't know if it is a boy or girl (two more weeks) and its so hard to pick gender neutral clothing.
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm hoping I can join your group. I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, so its very early and I'm being very cautious but I could use some advice on cravings, morning sickness, and trying to stay healthy all at once! I'm not sure if I was just so happy with my first pregnancy that I didnt notice the nausea. But I dont remember being this yucky feeling at all. Please...if you have any ideas....please share. Thank you!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

My friend and I had no puking. She ended up having a girl and I've been told that's what I'm having. No puking required :)

No puking here either and we've got a little girly on our hands (well, not on our hands yet). :smile: I was nauseous for about 9 weeks straight, though. And still get hit by waves of it very occasionally.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    That is about the time I finally switched over to bigger clothing. Although I consider that I had made it to my 5th month.

Yeah, it's weird going by months or weeks since if I say 6 month now then I actually deliver at 10 months not 9.... i guess technically I made it all the way through 5+ mos of being preg, maybe longer once I find and unpack my normal jeans too since they do still button. Most of my fat pants are a little loser in the legs than I want this early as I will probably gain more if I start wearing them :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I was sick all the time with my first. Not a ton of puking, but ready to run to the bathroom just about 24/7 for 8 or 9 weeks. I spent a lot of time hanging out in the bathroom at work just to go back to my desk still nauseated. This time - minimal nausea and no puking at all. Both boys.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    My hubby felt the baby kick for the first time last night. I must have a very active baby to be 19 weeks and have him already feel the twitching from the outside. He had to be very patient and just lay his hand on my belly while we watched How I Met Your Mother (love that show). All of the suddon he just looks at me with shock and awe on his face. She kept going for quite awhile too, kicking his thumb repeatedly. I love firsts like those.

My hubby still hasn't felt baby move! Either baby stops moving when he puts his hand on my belly, or he just doesn't feel it when he moves. And...I suppose the extra cushion I have (aka fat....) in between baby and hubby's hand doesn't help in terms of him being able to feel movement.

I feel him move quite a bit now throughout the day, and I'm definitely starting to notice a pattern of when he is awake.

Mine is too impatient to sit and wait. He felt it once and was like "ok i felt it". He does likes to rub my belly at least once a day though - early on he said he was turning it into a boy:laugh: - but he's not the sit around and watch for it to kick type. He was on the road all through the last 5 months of my first preg.so he only saw me about 2 weeks that whole time which might be why. He actually got off the road about 4 days before I went into labor we weren't sure if he would make it back or not.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm hoping I can join your group. I'm only 6 weeks pregnant, so its very early and I'm being very cautious but I could use some advice on cravings, morning sickness, and trying to stay healthy all at once! I'm not sure if I was just so happy with my first pregnancy that I didnt notice the nausea. But I dont remember being this yucky feeling at all. Please...if you have any ideas....please share. Thank you!!

Welcome... I don't have great advice for you but some of the other ladies may have better ideas.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I ended up getting a cute little summery onesie that says "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" for him for Valentine's Day. He's going to love it.

I'm really excited about getting our travel system today. Our neighbors ended up having a carseat laying on their porch that they were about to throw away, so we are going to do the Babies R Us trade-in for 25% off. I also registered there yesterday and used a coupon to get a $10 gift card. That takes it from $220 to $155. I called my parents and proposed that it should be their gift to the baby and they agreed. A carseat is what we need the most right now, so they were happy to be buying something useful (and on such a great deal). Can't wait to get home and put it all together!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!:flowerforyou:

That’s great! I can’t wait until I’m at the point where we can feel the baby kick.
  • ron2282
    Options

Yea! None of my friends are pregnant now, but all my cousins have really young kids. I’m excited that they’ll grow up together the same way I did with my cousins.
  • ron2282
    Options
    I want to throw up all the time, I haven’t so far but I just feel sick and gross all day. You’d think that would stop me from wanting to eat constantly but it hasn’t. :ohwell:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I want to throw up all the time, I haven’t so far but I just feel sick and gross all day. You’d think that would stop me from wanting to eat constantly but it hasn’t. :ohwell:

Couldn't have said it better! Hasn't stopped me either. It gives me temporary relief. I'm almost at week 10 and I have to say I'm feeling a bit better today. Fingers crossed.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm still on Mat. Leave (I live in Canada - 1 year leave) and I don't have work to contend with on top of it all.

So how does that work? Will you go back in 3 months for 3 or 4 months then take leave again or just quit your job now? They would have to take you back just for those short weeks then give you a year leave again? Would you still get any paid leave then or do you have to be working for a period before you can claim that?

I will go back beginning of May. I work 12 hour days (paid for 11) so the hours add up fast. We need 600 hours between Maternity Leave claims. So I'll work May 3rd - August 18th (to make 618 hours). I gave my Human Resources Manager at my work the heads up about my pregnancy. She was happy for me. I needed to find out if my holiday time and sick leave I have in the bank would count as hours worked if I'm off on any such leave during that period. They count as hours worked so it's all good. So fours months more work and I'll have another year off. Not bad! After that time I'll see about about maybe going back job share.

Interesting. I took 2 weeks off with my first and am hoping maybe to get 3 with this one. All unpaid, and I've been at my same full time job 6 yrs by then. My 3 sick days a year also expire annually if I don't use them :grumble:

I feel for you. That's really rough. Nothing fair about that. :angry: