Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Ok I ended up working an 8 hour shift instead of a 4 hour shift. Didn't want to do anything, but made myself push play! Got in back and biceps! One more week of phase 2 and then onto the next 4 week phase! Can't believe I'm almost 2/3 done with P90X! Think I will keep going with the schedule regardless though as I'm really liking my workout schedule right now! But time will tell! Maybe I'll incorporate running and more treadmill work after my 90 days are up!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration Brittany! Keep up the great work! I'm telling you, there are PLENTY of people that are going to bang down your door to find out what you've done to look so great! :laugh: :wink:

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, completed Turbo Fire 55 EZ today, burned 530 calories, still a little sore form Tone 30 yesterday, will be drinking lots of water today, hope everyone has a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • bk2011
    Options
    I'm covering a 12 hour shift today, 8:30 to 8:30, and I normally don't work on Fridays! Going to be a long day! So, I am planning to do a quick work out this evening! Bringing lots of fruits and veggies to snack on.

Made a protein shake for breakfast this morning as I'm short on time. Vanilla protein powder, water, strawberries, and a little chocolate syrup. Delicious and it made like 4 cups so that should help keep me full! HAHA!

My weight is still the same...but at least I didn't gain any real weight back after the cleanse...that's encouraging!

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning Peeps! Turbo Fire day today...Fire 45 and a much needed Stretch 10. HRM said I burned 515 calories which is good because friends are coming over and we will be drinking wine tonight!

Nice planning Brittany...12 hour shifts sound LONG!!!! Happy to hear you've made some conscious decisions about what to eat today. Great job mainaining the cleanse loss as well. That can't be easy to do!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    If you're thinking about Shakeology then check out my blog today for a very special offer!
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Sculpt 30 and HIIT 20, burned 388 calories, i also raked the yard but i didn't wear my HRM :sad: , , tomorrow is Fire 30 and Stretch 10, hope eveyone has a great weekend:flowerforyou:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Nice burn Sharon, and Cookie, I couldn't do the 12 hrs. When I worked at the hospital, they offered the 12 hrs, but I just couldn't do it. Hopefully everything went well!

I am trying to get myself motivated for a good workout this morning. A bit over tired as I stayed up till 11 last night washing floors then up early this morning! I had 2 days of not working out, so I really have to do this today.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • telcochik
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 3 for me today. It's definitely time to go buy 25lb weights! I'm so excited!

Sharon
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharon! I'm not sure if you got my previous post but I really need some advice and encouragement to work off these last few lbs. Okay I was out of town but now I am back. I am a 24 year old mom of two little boys ages 2 and 9 months so they keep me pretty busy. Right after I had Keaton (my second) I weighed 180 (but to be fair I had eclampsia) so after about 2 weeks when the water came off I was 145. I completed Chalean extreme and ended at 116 and then took a four month break (bad idea) but somehow managed to get down to 112. When it started to come back I bought turbo fire and have started it a few times with interruptions. So far I have been doing pretty good this is week 4. I missed two days because my boys got RSV but I am ready to jump back in. My goal is 108. I am 5'2" and pretty petite. But because eating of bad habits I keep falling back to about 114. I am currently 111. I love to run but I live in WY and it is still freezing here most days with to much snow to run right now. Anyway I need to finish help! It seems like these last few lbs are impossible to loose. Thanks! I will log my workouts everyday on here. Today is core 20 stretch 40 of turbo fire for me.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 30 and Stretch 10, burned 312 calories, hope everyone has a great weekend:flowerforyou:
  • bk2011
    Options
    Hey ladies! Insanity max cardio conditioning for me today! I think I will start doing this one a little more since it's really only about 10 minutes longer than pure cardio and same concept...cardio all the way through with no stopping! But to be honest, I have to stop and take some water breaks!!!

First day of spring is cold and rainy here. We are spending the afternoon at my mother in laws celebrating my niece's birthday. Have already requested that she make my favorite appetizer...black beans (rinsed), corn (rinsed), avocado, tomato, and onion with a hint of italian dressing seasoning (the one in the packet made with vinegar, not a bottle italian dressing)! It's delicious, and fairly good for me. That way I don't need to snack on anything else! Oh, and I actually eat this rolled up on fresh crisp romaine lettuce leaves instead of chips!!!

And I'll be having baked chicken for dinner since she is making some sort of cheesy pasta thing. Best to stay away from that.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Sharon! I'm not sure if you got my previous post but I really need some advice and encouragement to work off these last few lbs. Okay I was out of town but now I am back. I am a 24 year old mom of two little boys ages 2 and 9 months so they keep me pretty busy. Right after I had Keaton (my second) I weighed 180 (but to be fair I had eclampsia) so after about 2 weeks when the water came off I was 145. I completed Chalean extreme and ended at 116 and then took a four month break (bad idea) but somehow managed to get down to 112. When it started to come back I bought turbo fire and have started it a few times with interruptions. So far I have been doing pretty good this is week 4. I missed two days because my boys got RSV but I am ready to jump back in. My goal is 108. I am 5'2" and pretty petite. But because eating of bad habits I keep falling back to about 114. I am currently 111. I love to run but I live in WY and it is still freezing here most days with to much snow to run right now. Anyway I need to finish help! It seems like these last few lbs are impossible to loose. Thanks! I will log my workouts everyday on here. Today is core 20 stretch 40 of turbo fire for me.

Hi Ashley! Sorry if I missed your previous post. A couple of questions...

1. How many calories does MFP have you eating?
    2. Do you use something to track your calorie burn during exercise...heart rate monitor, bodybugg/body media/body fit, MFP entry, etc?
    3. How many calories do you actually seem to eat each day (on average)?
    4. Have you seen MIchi's Ladder? If not, here is the link http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder
    The bulk of your eating should come from foods listed in the top 2 tiers. How are you doing compared to that?
    5. Are you following the Turbo Fire schedule as its laid out or are you modifying?
    6. What is your goal weight? The last couple of pounds are ALWAYS hardest so it might take some real discipline in your eating and exercise to see the scale move.

It looks like your food diary isn't publicly available. Are you logging what you eat? If so, please make it public so I can make some suggestions based on what it looks like you typically eat. These questions should give you a starting point for us to though.

I'm looking forward to getting things started with you!
    Sharon
  • kikix5
    Options
    Today, I was about to put in CE, but then I saw my neighbor taking a walk, So I threw on my shoes, heart rate monitor and flew out the door. She does the fast walking down my street, which is very hilly. We went for about 50 min and I burnt 316 cal and it got me outside and having a bit of adult conversation (which I seem to lack!)

Sharon: I noticed that you asked Ashley if she was modifying at all... Just out of curiosity, does that make things work differently? I don't really follow along and now I'm wondering if that's why it seems as if I'm not really loosing much of anything.

Tomorrow will be a CE and I may throw in a TF HIIT :) Need to make up for my 2 day slack this week!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turbo Fire 55 EZ with my weighted gloves got me going this morning. Hope you all had a great weekend but now it's time to buckle down and WORK!!!

Chrissie - modifying wouldn't slow things down if you were pushing the workouts so you were seeing progress in both your calories burned and cardio endurance (i.e. you're lasting longer during the longer Fire workouts than you were when you first started). You do need to follow the schedule to ensure your body is able to adjust to the longer ones so you're getting the max burn from them. Sticking with Fire 30, Core 20, Stretch 10/40 without moving on and mixing in Fire 45, 45EZ, and 55EZ will slow down your progress.

Anyway, great job on the walk! That's a nice burn for that amount of time. It was so awful here yesterday that we didn't take our little puppy for a walk like we usually do and he was more rambunctious than usual because of it.

Hope you guys have a great day!
    Sharon
  • kikix5
    Options
    Thanks Sharon, It was actually really nice here yesterday and today.. they are calling for snow by Thursday! My road is very hilly and from my house to the culdesac is 1/2 a mile so that helps!

I do try to mix up the Turbo Fire, And I usually just stick with Fire 45, 45EZ, and 55EZ and the Hiits and throw in the core and stretch whenever. I have been trying to do CLE one day, then one of the Fires the next, adding in a hiit, like today, I did the lean 3 and hiit 15. When I do long 45 or 55 I throw in a ab with it.

My weights are needing to get heaver for like the leg workouts And I have been adding heavier. (but need to buy a few more over 10 now)

Thanks for the advice!
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1. How many calories does MFP have you eating?
    2. Do you use something to track your calorie burn during exercise...heart rate monitor, bodybugg/body media/body fit, MFP entry, etc?
    3. How many calories do you actually seem to eat each day (on average)?
    4. Have you seen MIchi's Ladder? If not, here is the link http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder
    The bulk of your eating should come from foods listed in the top 2 tiers. How are you doing compared to that?
    5. Are you following the Turbo Fire schedule as its laid out or are you modifying?
    6. What is your goal weight? The last couple of pounds are ALWAYS hardest so it might take some real discipline in your eating and exercise to see the scale move.
    Hey Sharon! I don't mind making that public I'm just not sure how! I think I am doing pretty well with the eating but look it over and see what you think! I don't have a HRM because my husband does not think I need one since I only have 3 more lbs that he said I am allowed to loose. That puts me at 108. I try to follow mfp on calories it says 1260 but I usually aim to eat back at least 1/2 of my exercise calories. I think I follow it pretty well with a few exceptions. I have to have a granola bar every day and sometimes I eat coconut popsicles :) I am following Turbo fire to the letter! Currently I at 111. Let me see if I can figure out how to make that public! Today is fire 55ez. Thanks!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Ashley - you may be at the weight your body is meant to be at now that you've had kids. You can't force your body to a number it doesn't want to get to. If you can't figure out how to make it public, maybe post a couple of days worth of typical days here so I can take a look!

You could always try the Shakeology cleanse. It's only 3 days long but it will detox your body of any impurities you might be carrying and you won't have to starve yourself to do it. If you're interested in learning about it, read my blog post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/telcochik/view/shakeology-cleanse-the-basics-69789

Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Felicia and I would love to join this thread. I'm a former division 1 athlete so working out is something that I am very use to doing but now that I am 29 with a 2 year old child and a full time job finding the time to stick with it and the energy seems to be the biggest issue. I have started Insanity before and stopped, started Turbo fire before and stopped. I enjoy Insanity because it reminds me of the crazy workouts that I use to have to while training and doing practices in college, so I decided to restart it today. My biggest issue is going to be trying to stay motivated and time. If anyone has any kind of advice I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
    Felicia
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Felicia!!!!! I am so excited to meet you. Maybe what's holding you back from completing those programs is you haven't found your "soulmate" workout? That's the one that will push you out of bed in the morning or make you tell people you can't do something else because right now you have to work out. Everyone has something different that they love so we have to find out what that is and then find a program that meets that love.

What do you like to do? You mentioned that you were an althlete...what did you enjoy most when it came to training? What did you dread to do? How much time do you have to exercise? How many days a week do you think you can try to commit to following a program? The list is endless but we can start with these basic questions.

Personally, until I found Turbo Fire, exercise was just something to do. My big breakthrough came when I made getting up at 4:30am every day to work out a habit but I didn't jump out of bed with excitement each morning until I found that program.

I'll send you a friend request so we can stay in touch. In the meantime, think about these questions and let's talk some more about it.

Sharon