Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well, this 3lbs is not budging... I'm getting so angry at myself... I know this is stupid because as long as I continue with eating well and exercising, then they will disappear and more. However, last weekend was really bad in terms of food and this week, tonight will be the second night in a row without a proper workout (I have drinks tonight for a friend moving to London for 2 years). I need to get myself motivated again...

I've planned for drinks, I even have a box of matchstick carrots and celery with a mustard mayo dipping sauce to keep my hands busy and will limit by alcohol to 2-3 glasses of wine (well within calorie restrictions).
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying Jrr. Remember the scale is only one way to measure success. It's not a race...you'll get there soon.

Beth! Welcome back. How long do you have to workout and what types of workouts interest you? Give me a little info on what programs you've done before and I'll see what I can recommend for your consideration. Personally, anything by Chalene Johnson is a butt kicker...but the most fun you've ever had working out! Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire are ones I always suggest.

Great workout as usual Moraima! Thanks for always staying in touch.

Tomorrow is another day Chrissie! I hope you at least enjoyed the meal. Just get back on track for your next meal and you'll be fine!

I'm starting the drum role for Brittany's results unveiling tomorrow..........................!!!!!! LOL

Have a great night everyone
    Sharon
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying Jrr. Remember the scale is only one way to measure success. It's not a race...you'll get there soon.

Beth! Welcome back. How long do you have to workout and what types of workouts interest you? Give me a little info on what programs you've done before and I'll see what I can recommend for your consideration. Personally, anything by Chalene Johnson is a butt kicker...but the most fun you've ever had working out! Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire are ones I always suggest.

Great workout as usual Moraima! Thanks for always staying in touch.

Tomorrow is another day Chrissie! I hope you at least enjoyed the meal. Just get back on track for your next meal and you'll be fine!

I'm starting the drum role for Brittany's results unveiling tomorrow..........................!!!!!! LOL

Have a great night everyone
    Sharon

I usually only have about no more than 40 mins in the morning to work out before having to get the kids up, out the door, and myself to work. I am looking for something fun but with a great workout. I enjoy doing the 30DS, and it is within my timeframe. But, I get bored easily, so after this round, I need something new and fresh. I have only done 30DS so far, but I used to do a Zumba class before I got pregnant with my son. I have heard about Johnson before. What is she like? I enjoy dancing, so anything along that line. I appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks in advance.
  • telcochik
    Options
    IMO Chalene is amazing. She pushes your through her attitude, choreography, and words of encouragement. She is one of the few instructors that doesn't just give an instruction and then walk around the room...you will see her working just as hard (if not harder) than everyone else in the class. The people she uses in her videos are real people, not models. Many come from her live classes that she teaches 7 days a week in and around the gyms in Orange County California. Her sister, Janelle, is in most of them as well.

Chalene focuses on using music to boost your desire to push harder. Everything is choreographed to the beat. I recommend you consider either Turbo Jam http://teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/turbo-jam-workout or Turbo Fire http://teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/turbofire-workout if you're looking for great (and fun) calorie scorching workout programs.

Hope that helps!
    Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Got done with a busy workout morning! Didn't mean to make it so long, Did TF 45 class today and then borrowed BBL from my sister, just tried the tummy tuck then thought, hm wonder what the high and tight was all about... 110 min and 735 calories burned ;) Not sure If I like the BBL.. I really am looking for something for inner and outer thighs (inner mostly) I haven't checked out the other dvds yet so who knows.

Sharon, I think that you are right about Chalene. Her Spirit just pushes you to go further, I find myself singing the songs throughout the day. It's just so uplifting. I look forward to seeing her every morning!!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I usually only have about no more than 40 mins in the morning to work out before having to get the kids up, out the door, and myself to work. I am looking for something fun but with a great workout. I enjoy doing the 30DS, and it is within my timeframe. But, I get bored easily, so after this round, I need something new and fresh. I have only done 30DS so far, but I used to do a Zumba class before I got pregnant with my son. I have heard about Johnson before. What is she like? I enjoy dancing, so anything along that line. I appreciate any insight you can give me. Thanks in advance.

I love Chalene Johnson and have Turbo Jam and TurboFire and can not recommend them enough, however, most of the workouts are longer than 40 minutes.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I will have to check into your suggestions. l will get through mhy 30DS, and see what comes next for me.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I checked into Johnson's DVD(s), and they have definitely interest me. I like the sound of TurboJam (possibility) Has anyone tried Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels? I like 30DS, so would I like this one? I am just looking for some input here. Thanks. Plus, it is in my price range which is very important for a "single" mom of 2 babie.s.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Ok ladies, are you ready for this?!

I LOST 7 (THAT'S RIGHT SEVEN) pounds during my 3 day shakeology cleanse! AMAZING!
    My waist went from 33 to 31.5, belly button area from 37.5 to 36, and hips from 40.5 to 40!!!!!

I can't believe it! I am absolutely ecstatic about those results in just 3 days. Plus I feel great and was energized the entire time! Can't wait to get me some more of that stuff!!

As always, feel free to message me if you have any specific questions!

THANKS SHARON!
  • telcochik
    Options
    WTG Brittany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Amazing results. I am so proud of you for doing the cleanse so well.

Sharon
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    That is great Brittany. Way to go!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed turbo fire 30 and stretch 10<burned 296 calories, hope everyone has a great night:flowerforyou:
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great work! What exactly do you do for a cleanse?
  • telcochik
    Options
    I have it all detailed in my blog so go check out the details there. If you still have questions please let me know.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Friday MFP peeps! Today I did Fire 55 EZ with weighted gloves. The sweat was dripping into my eyes!

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    Insanity Pure Cardio DONE!

Planned out some food at the beginning of the day to help get my calories back in! I need to increase up to at least 1200 net calories and my appetite just isn't back up there yet. Thinking I will throw in a handful of peanuts or cashews tonight! Might fit in another workout later on today too so may need even more...we will see if the little man thinks that is a good idea first though!

Have an all day conference on Sunday, complete with breakfast, lunch, morning snacks, afternoon snacks, and desserts. Trying to plan ahead! I'm thinking I will eat something beforehand, can snack on fruit and/or will bring my own snacks. Should I just plan to pack my own lunch too?! I'm not sure what will be available, but in the past it's been fried chicken, mased potatoes, pastas. Maybe I will just bring a sandwich!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Brittany - invest in a cooler and ice pack so you're able to pack your own meals and snacks any time you need to. I pack and bring my own food everywhere if I'm not sure what's going to be offered or I know that what will be offered is not on my plan. You'll be fine.

Great job on Max Cardio...that's a toughie!

Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Nice job on the cleanse Brittney!

I did sculpt 30 today and Lean circuit 2 today, then finished some cleaning that I started!

I am going to cheat tonight and either have my mikes hard lemonade light (98) or a small bowl of ice cream :D
    I feel you can't deny or you'll just over load one day!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Today I did CLX Burn Circuit 1 and Ab Burner. Burn Circuit month is now officially OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onward and upward to the Push month!

Had Chinese food for dinner last night which did not equate to success on the scale this morning. Duh like I didn't know that would happen. :angry: See I'm not perfect!!!!

Make it a great weekend!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    P90X Kenpo and a kettlebell dvd completed!

Sharon - My husband brought home chinese food last night! I didn't eat any because I'm terrified that the weight I lost on the cleanse is going to come back now that I'm eating more calories! I know I need to eat right to lose...so here's to hoping that at least not all of the 7 pounds return!

Not much planned for today. Just playing around the house with the little man and doing some cleaning and laundry.

Going to pack all my food for tomorrow so there are no surprises! Will snack on any fruits and veggies they have, but otherwise will stick to my food.