Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Taking it easy today....I did 100 minutes of yoga this morning.....But, my body's calling for rest! The diet is going pretty well!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been a bit lax in logging into this thread... *hangs head in shame...

I can see everyone's been doing a great job on their food diaries and their workouts though! Sharon, you are truly inspiring...

My update: I'm down to 68kgs which is roughly 150lbs... I've been good with my diary, but actually need to work in some extra calories in there... it's open if any of ya'll want to have a look...

Exercise is good as well... pretty much mainly running training and some cross-training work with the elliptical and bike plus some videos which incorporate some cardio and strength.

Sharon, don't forget to let us know how the Polar T7 goes... I've got my eye on getting one of those too :)
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy March!!! Any new goals for this month to share?

Today I completed CLX Burn Circuit 3 and TF Core 20. Big accomplishment...I was able to increase to 10 lb. weights on the lateral raises (started at 8 lbs). I've also worked up to 20 lb weights on lower body focused moves...squats and sumo squats.
    :bigsmile:

Jrr - there is no shame for not checking in every day. I do it to hold myself accountable but it's not for everyone. You sound like your training is going well. Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

The T7 is out of the box but I haven't tried using it yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do. The chest strap is going to be odd which I think is why I haven't put it on.

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, sorry i been MIA , i went to biloxi , ms for my birthday, gambled a little and only had one margarita :tongue: , won $160 dollars on my bday so i guess it was my lucky day, but i have been back no the wagon, completed fire sculpt 30 and fire 30 burned 470 calories:happy: , hope everyone has a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Today I did back and biceps for p90x, and planning to hit the treadmill later on this evening for some extra cardio.

Still trying to find a protein powder that I love! I guess I want it to taste like a milkshake...not like a chalky thick water mess that I have to chug down and not think twice about!
  • telcochik
    Options
    For pure protein I love BSN Lean Dessert; however, now that I drink Shakeology I don't need an additional protein supplement.

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Today I completed Fire 55 EZ with my weighted gloves and burned 400 calories. I hope to hear from a few more of you this week so let's start with a question...what % of your daily eating comes from foods listed in Michi's Ladder Tier 1 and 2? What is one new food you will plan add to your diet this week?

http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder

Have a great Tuesday!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    For pure protein I love BSN Lean Dessert; however, now that I drink Shakeology I don't need an additional protein supplement.

Sharon

I know, I can't wait to get my Shakeology!!! I'm hoping it is the answer to my protein needs!

I actually printed out michis ladder and took it with me to the grocery store the other day! This week I'm planning lots of fruits and veggies! Got lots of great stuff for my salad dinners during the cleanse! I have to get a little more familiar with the ladder, and then I'm going to plan a full weeks worth of meals that only include foods from the top 2! This week though, I'm going to re-try sweet potatoes! I have never really liked them...but haven't had one in probably 15 years so I'm going to try it this week!
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting my workouts on this thread but I have been doing them! lol I have a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and love it. Wearing the strap doesn't bother, I really can't tell that I have it on. It is wonderful knowing how many calories you have burned and don't have to take an estimate from some calculator!!

I use choccolate protein powder from GNC and I think that it tastes good.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed turbo fire 55 EZ, burned 635 calories , Go Me :bigsmile: , hope u guys are having a great day so far :flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Burn Circuit 2 and Ab Burner today. Obliques are SORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Hope everyone is having a great day today!
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Sculpt 30 and Fire 30 , burned 571 calories :), today was a beautiful day here in alabama , hope everyone has a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Keep rocking it you guys! People are watching you and you are inspiring them to change their lives! You can and you will reach your goals! :drinker:

Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    Completed Sculpt 30 and Fire 30 , burned 571 calories :), today was a beautiful day here in alabama , hope everyone has a great evening :flowerforyou:

Great job Moraima! You are doing awesome!

I did insanity max interval circuit! 60 minutes of pure agony but I love it! Some day I will be able to do it all! Trying a new protein powder...vanilla this ttime and a different brand...going to make a strawberry smoothie with it!

Also will be doing the shakeology cleanse Mon/Tues/Wed of this next week! Excited to try shakeology and hoping for some great results with the cleanse!
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Excellent Job, I think when I'm finished with turbo fire I'm going to do a hybrid, which one r u doing? And if so wht r ur results, hope u guys have a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did hiit 20 today with I've got abs... well hopefully I will when I get done!

Sharon, I did look over Michi's Ladder and glad to see that many of the things I do normally eat are in the first 2 tiers. I do eat my great value brown sugar oatmeal, but it is sugar free :) so I hope that one is alright!

Everyone keep up the good work. My goals... I'm going to work on my eating habits this week and making sure that I eat enough of the right things!
  • bk2011
    Options
    Excellent Job, I think when I'm finished with turbo fire I'm going to do a hybrid, which one r u doing? And if so wht r ur results, hope u guys have a great evening :flowerforyou:

I'm doing a hybrid of Insanity and P90X. Really just doing a hybrid because insanity 6 days a week was too much for my joints and I feel I need more cardio than P90X offers! So I'm on phase 2 of P90X and my typical week looks something like this:
    Sunday insanity (and try to double up with p90x plyo, cardiox, or kenpo)
    Monday rest
    Tuesday chest/shoulders/triceps, abs
    Wednesday insanity
    Thursday back/biceps, abs
    Friday insanity (and try to double up with p90x plyo, cardiox, or kenpo)
    Saturday legs/back, abs

This week I'm a day off! So tomorrow is back/biceps, and I'm going to try to double up with a cardio workout of some sort as well!

I took 30 day pictures. Haven't seen a whole lot of change in weight (really just about the same 3 pounds I keep losing over and over again), but have seen some changes in inches. Basically I'm feeling a whole heck of a lot stronger and keep can tell that my body is changing. Tomorrow I will try to post pictures on this thread only and you can see my results (not a whole lot of change but I think I can see it)! I think the key to my weight loss is going to be with cardio so I am really going to try to step the cardio up! As soon as the weather gets just a tad bit warmer, the stroller is coming out and we will be hitting the pavement everyday!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Today I completed Fire 55 EZ with my weighted gloves and burned 400 calories. I hope to hear from a few more of you this week so let's start with a question...what % of your daily eating comes from foods listed in Michi's Ladder Tier 1 and 2? What is one new food you will plan add to your diet this week?

http://teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder

Have a great Tuesday!
    Sharon

Hmmm... that's an interesting question! Having looked at the ladder quickly, It would seem like I get about 50-60% of my food from tier 1 and 2 and then maybe another 20-30% within tier 3? Is this good or bad? But that puts it in perspective.. I like that!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Today was a pure Turbo Fire day...Fire 30 with my weighted gloves and HIIT 30. Burned 465 calories according to my HRM.

Brittany I'm so excited to hear your results from the cleanse. Let me know if you need anything!

Michi's Ladder is a guideline to the best nutrition. If you find yourself eating primarily from the first 2 tiers then you're doing fine. I'm not perfect and I probably eat from tier 3 about 20% - 25% of the time. If you're looking for a way to tighten up your eating though to drop another couple of pounds then you want to stay as much as possible in the first 2 tiers.

Hope you all have a great Friday! I'm here if you need anything!!!:bigsmile:
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    Options
    Went out to breakfast this am with my mom, sister, and a good friend. Made as good of a choice as possible - 3 egg omelette with veggies and 1 piece of toast. As soon as my little man is napping (maybe another hour or so), I'll be doing a cardio workout and then legs and back whenever this afternoon (the p90x workouts are eaier to do with him running around than insanity)! Plus, he has little weights and is awesome at squats!!! Never too young to start working out with mom.

And now for the really embarassing part. I have day 0 and day 30 pictures that I will post for you. The day 0 is pretty disgusting...but I'm hoping by posting it will keep me accountable, and not ever allow me to forget where I've been and where I'm going. Prior to my pregnancy, I was about 140lbs, but my lowest weight was 125lbs and I was in great shape (current profile pics are of that time)! I'm bound and determined to get back into great shape...and hoping to do it by the end of 2011. I'm down another 2 pounds this morning so have officially lost 8 pounds now, but the pictures definitely look better I think! Lets see if I can get them to post.

1215103.jpgIMG_3592.jpg
    121510.jpgIMG_3591.jpg
    1215109.jpgIMG_3598.jpg