Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Moraima,
    Did you do pure cardio today?! That's what I decided on! Now off to my parents to celebrate the 3 March bdays in my family! Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang! I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!!!! Today is my regularly scheduled rest day but I'll be online periodically if anyone needs me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I hope your enjoying your Sunday. Today I did Insanity Cardio plyo circuit and burned 467 calories. My 2 year old daughter also tried to participate in the stretching and jogging portions at times. I couldn't help but laugh. Now I'm going to watch some college basketball. Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire HIIT 30, burned 327 cals, was my off day, but was bored so i decided to burn some cals, hope eveyone is having a beautiful sunday.:flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Monday! Turbo Fire day...Fire 60 to be exact. Love that one! Is it sad that I rock out to the Donna Summer part??? I loved her when I was a kid! :bigsmile:

Big doings coming up with Beachbody. We're just about to launch the Beachbody coaching opportunity into the Latino community! If you know any bilingual people that might be interested in changing their lives through health and fitness please refer them to me.

Talk to you guys later!
    Sharon
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all, My name's Blythe :)

I introduced my self to Sharon, but thought I'd say Hi to everyone else.

I've lost 14lbs so far and have another 17 to go until i'm at a healthy BMI. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred, and now the 30 Day Slim Down which I will finish in 3 days!! I was thinking about starting the Insanity program but am unsure whether its suitable for me I guess I should explain what I'm looking for and then any advice from anyone who's tried it would be great.

I'm a drummer and have been playing since I was 8 years old, this means that I've developed some muscles quite well, but unfortunately completely ignored others. Basically all the muscles on the front of my body (forearms, biceps and chest etc) are pretty strong, but my Back, Triceps etc are beyond weak. This is why I've been doing strength exercises with free weights to try and strengthen my weak areas. And cardio to lose weight.

The results I've seen so far are mainly increased strength and toning. but not an incredible lose in inches. I feel like I've toned some muscles but they're trapped under a layer of fat still.

So basically does anyone have any suggestions as to whether Insanity is right for what i'm looking for, more weightless and strength? I'm drawn to it mostly because i don't have much room and don't want to buy lots of equipment.

Thanks for taking the time to read my brief history! :)

Blythe
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Blythe. I'm so happy you joined our little community! Insanity will help you with strength training and agility because the work is basically done your own body weight for resistance. You will get leaner and tighter if you stick with the program and follow the eating plan. Have you seen the infomercial? http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/telcochik?bctid=45375625001

I know plenty of people that used this program and got into the best shape of their lives. The best part is that the program comes with a 30 day money back guarantee so if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund! There are plenty of people on MFP that are Insanity nuts. Brittany (bk2011) on this thread is currently using it and P90X so she should have some great insight. I'd also recommend you talk to Edorice since she's in her 3rd or so round of the program.

The other program I'd recommend you consider is P90X but perhaps use resistance bands instead of weights since they're portable and don't take up any room to use. P90X will absolutely meet your strength training needs and that's a 90 day program. If you've done JM shred then you're certainly ready for either of these programs.

Let me know if you have questions!
    Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Blythe, Nice to have you join us!

I got in a lot of protein today (yay me, finally) Now if only I could have eaten 300 more calories hehe I felt like I was going to puke while eating my yogurt! We eat dinner very early, so all my evening snacking is done before 8pm.. (just in case you looked at my diary)

I got in a turbo fire 45 today and core 20.. then did a hr brisk walk with my girlfriend. She said I'm good motivation! so either I will have to drop my morning workout when I walk... or just eat more :) I do like the walk, as there are many big hills, ones that you can't even talk while walking up!

Hopefully everyone had a productive day!
  • bk2011
    Options
    Welcome Blythe! This thread is the greatest!

Chrissie, AWESOME job with that protein!

Rest day for me today. I'm tired and am getting a full blown cold. UGH!
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Hey everyone just finished Insanity Cardio power and resistance and burned 392 calories not as much as the first week but I felt alot better doing it this time around. My HRM kept cutting in and out during my workout though so I was getting slightly annoyed (maybe I need some new batteries). Hope everyone had a great Monday. Insanity Pure Cardio for me tomorrow and maybe a run if I get the time before work. Have a good night.

-Felicia
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Gang! CLX Push Circuit 1 and TF Core 20. Biceps and triceps are now BURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job on your workout Felicia. I'll bet you burned even more but your faulty HRM didn't record everything.

Brittany feel better soon!!!

Chrissie - are you drinking a protein shake in addition to your eating? Have you considered Shakeology to get more protein (18g) for only 140 calories? Brittany has had some great success from drinking it and I'm sure she can weigh in on the benefits she's had. If you don't know what Shakeology is then I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some information.

Hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday. Keep on keepin' on Ladies. You all ROCK!!!!!
    Sharon
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I think I'll try the insanity when I get back from my holiday. and if I like it I'll then try the P90x one.

I'm going away in a week and a half and wont be on here as much but am going to try to continue to watch my calories and keep up my exercise while i'm away.

Only one more day of the 30 Day Slimdown to go, I've been doing double workouts all week today was two levels of the 30 day shred. looking forward to only having to do one tomorrow!

B.
  • bk2011
    Options
    Blythe - Be sure to let me know when you start Insanity!

As promised, I will be posting updated 60 day pictures today. Will post them a little later on once I get them uploaded and cropped so they will fit in the thread. I'm a little disappointed because the pictures look very similar to the 30 day ones, and I really thought I was seeing some positive changes in the mirror.

Well today I reported my loss because I have been holding steady with my weight here recently. I don't ever report a loss right away for fear that the scale will creep back up. For instance, after losing 7 pounds on the Shakeology cleanse, I waited a few days, and then reported SOME of that loss. I don't know why...but makes me feel better knowing it has stuck around for a little while before officially logging it! So today my weight is 180.2 and 60 days ago I was weighing in at 193. Although I wish it were more, at least I'm headed in the right direction.

Will take measurements and post those with my pics later today! Off to run some errands, then chest and back it is! Oh how I have missed the push and pull workout!!!
  • bk2011
    Options
    Here are the 30 day and the new 60 day pictures (30 first, 60 second)!

IMG_3591.jpgIMG_6831.jpg

IMG_3598.jpgIMG_6848.jpg

IMG_3592.jpgIMG_6834.jpg

Don't mind the cellulite on my legs in the back picture...I'm working on it! As I said in the previous post, not much change between the two, and I really thought there was. Oh well, and I can't for the life of me get them to be the same size on photobucket!

Measurements:
    Biceps 13 (started at 14)
    Natural Waist 31.5 (started at 39)
    Belly Button 35.5 (started at 42)
    Hips 39 (started at 44)
    Thighs 21 (started at 24)
  • telcochik
    Options
    How can you say you don't see any difference??????????????????? I absolutely see that your tummy is tighter, your butt is smaller, and the area right under your sports bra is definitely flatter :bigsmile:

You look great! I'm proud of you for sharing those pics with everyone.
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in ur stomach your hips and back, u look great brittany, keep up the excellent work :drinker:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference in the two! Congrats and keep it up!

Sharon, I have been using a adkins advantage protein shake (15g protein) with a banana in the blender. I have one a day, usually, unless I run out. I just bought some jillian natural whey protein, I thought in vanilla lol but now i see its triple chocolate :( I was at walmart and that was the lowest calorie/sugar one that they had. I have wanted to try the shakeology ones, but guess I was waiting on the right time lol which should just be now!
  • telcochik
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference in the two! Congrats and keep it up!

Sharon, I have been using a adkins advantage protein shake (15g protein) with a banana in the blender. I have one a day, usually, unless I run out. I just bought some jillian natural whey protein, I thought in vanilla lol but now i see its triple chocolate :( I was at walmart and that was the lowest calorie/sugar one that they had. I have wanted to try the shakeology ones, but guess I was waiting on the right time lol which should just be now!

Chrissie I've never tried either of those powders. The only one I ever found that I liked was Lean Dessert but once I found Shakeology I stopped looking for anything else because a) it tastes yummy and b) it gave me tons of energy and reduced my sugar cravings. Did I mention it tastes YUMMY??????? :laugh:

Anyway, if you don't have a coach and want to try it let me know.

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Forgot to tell you guys...I just bought a box of the reformulated P90X protein bars in the variety pack so I could try all 4 flavors. Yesterday I tried the Wildberry yogurt one and today I had the chocolate peanutbutter one. OMG YUM!!! 20g of protein, 250 - 260 calories, 7g sugar...I thought I was eating a candy bar. The other 2 flavors left to try are chocolate mocha and chocolate fudge. I think I found a new snack for the extra protein. As a coach I got the box of 12 for less than $18 but retail is only $23.95.

Oh and you can eat the bar as a meal replacement if you need to grab something in a hurry.

Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Hey everyone had Insanity Pure Cardio today burned 413 calories. Stilling trying to work on eating a lot healthier which isn't always the most affordable option (grocery stores are losing their mind for fresh produce and such) especially as a single mom.

-Brittany congrats on finishing day 60 and all the progress I agree with everyone else you can definitely see the difference in the pictures and your measurements obviously speak for themselves keep up the great work. Have a good night everyone.

-Felicia