Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Today was Stretch 40, but i decided to do turbo fire HIIT 30 and a new Danskin Now Kettlebell Workout by gin miller, my first time using keetlebells , had a blast , tomorrow is suppose to be an off day but maybe i will Insanity Pure Cardio, ok so i have a question to anyone who jogs or runs, i want to start running/ jogging any tips or advice for me , hope u all are having a beautiful weekend , :flowerforyou:
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all, did TF 60 today! had a nice work out and boy have I been hungry all day... but unlike yesterday, I chose the right foods to eat! and since 2 of my kids are having friends over tonight the third is at a sleepover bday party, looks like no church for us in the morning, so guess who gets to workout again lol ME!! usually I take Sundays off!

Cookie, Kettlebells are so much fun, I have a few dvds with them in there, I love the Art of strength ones (the guys doing them are very pleasant to look at lol)

I'll be doing lean 3 tomorrow and perhaps some ab one, not sure yet which!

Enjoy your your Saturday night
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I hope you guys are having a great weekend. I ended up getting super busy yesterday so I ended up making it my day off from Insanity so tomorrow I will be finishing up week 3 and rolling right into week 4 of my first month. I had Cardio Power and Resistance today and I burned 501 calories. I must say i'm glad I got all my energy together and as Shaun T would say decided to "dig deeper" and did my workout tonight because my bed was calling my name pretty loudly. I have Cardio Plyo tomorrow and I hope to get it done in the morning so I can relax the rest of the day.

Cookie- the first peice of advice I would give when starting to run is to make sure that you have a "great' not just good pair of running shoes. Especially if you are running outdoors because it can cause a lot of havoc with ankles, knees, hips, and backs in the long run. If you find you need extra shock absorbers, Dr. Scholls inserts can be helpful. Start out at a comfortable pace (if you can hold a conversation while running is good) and go for it. My advice start outside maybe with a friend. Sometimes when you first start out it can be boring otherwise. Oh Yeah if you have an MP3 player and you can't stand the silence like me make a KICK BUTT PLAYLIST and rock out while you run. :bigsmile: Hope this helps.

-Felicia
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Way to power through Felicia! Good luck on your last week of the first month! Can't wait to see your fit test results!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    I just posted a swimsuit challenge thread here on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/213948-sharon-s-getting-ready-for-swimsuit-season-challenge

Feel free to join if it will help keep you motivated!
    Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Cardio Plyo DONE with a 501 calorie burn to match Power and resistance yesterday. Week 3 for Insanity is a wrap!!!! :smile: On to week 4 :bigsmile: ! Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs to start the week off right. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

-Felicia
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow Felicia...great burn! You'll be ready for Asylum in no time!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning All. Happy Monday!

I pressed play this morning and blew out Fire 60 with my weighted gloves. HRM said I burned 586 calories!

Make it a good one!
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    I am getting up early tomorrow morning to get my run in before work at 8am. Will also try to get in some chest and back. Have to get in my P90X because those darn 90 day pictures are coming up soon! My body is still changing, but not so much with the scale. I'm going to try some different things with my diet starting Thursday (once my work week is under control because then I can get to the grocery store and buy some much needed ingredients). Have to restock on strawberries because I've used them all for my shakeology! I'm afraid to try new flavors since I love it with strawberry! I'm just going to keep on keepin on!
  • Pheef52
    Options
    660 calories gone with the help of Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I am beat and thirsty. :bigsmile: but glad day 1 of Week 4 can be checked off. Cardio Power and Resistance Again tomorrow.
  • telcochik
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: WOO HOO FELICIA AND BRITTANY!!! You girls ROCK!

Keep up the great work
    Sharon
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Got up with the alarm and finished chest/back and my treadmill run. Hitting the shower and it's off to work I go!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Great job Brittany! Have a fantastic day!

I did CLX Push Circuit 3...that's my favorite of all the CLX workouts!
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Insanity Power and resistance today. Was definitely tired :yawn: my body didn't want to participate this morning. Burned 483 calories day 2 week 4 down. Cardio Recovery tomorrow :happy:
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 45 EZ and Upper 20, burned 566 cals, tomorrow is rest day but i will take it on sunday, hope u guys are all doing great this tuesday, have a great evening :flowerforyou:
  • Miasunshine
    Options
    Hi Sharon!
    WOW this is exactly what I'm looking for! I've been trying so hard desperately for 2 years to loose 20 pounds. I'm 21, studying in Kinesiology, I work part time and the rest of my time is either devoted to studying, working out, eating and sleeping. I was really determined this year, and started seeing results, I had almost lost 10 pounds. However, I wasn't doing it the right way, and let me tell you, my teacher would be so devastated if he knew what I was up to. I am studying in a program to help people stay in shape, learn more about nutrition and being healthy. I was basically starving myself by eating between 600-800 calories, which is excluding my exercise calories. I work out 4-5 times a week doing 1 hour of intense cardio and recently (which I'm so proud of) is starting weights.

My huge dilemma is, although, I was able to go down to 132, starting weight 142. I regained it all during the holidays eating one box of oreos after another. I am now back to 140, fluctuating between 138 and 136 at times but I really want to reach 120.

So my goal (after exams, because right now, I can't seem to stop eating with all this stress :( ) is by the first week of June to have gone down to 130 and by september reach 120 FINALLY!.

Do you think you can help me?

Thank you so much! It feels amazing to share my story with someone.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Mia welcome! I think I can absolutely help you pin down a nutrition plan to help you lose those pounds. Would you send me your contact information (at least email) so we can also connect outside MFP. What cardio program are you currently doing? Is your food diary public? I hear ya about stress...I just left my job of 10 years to pursue my Beachbody coaching business full time so stress is part of my daily life as well while I'm bulding this into something sustainable.

My email is telcochik@yahoo.com and I am on Facebook if you post there regularly. So happy you found us!

Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mia..

Today I ended up doing fire 55 today for 575 calories.. I just don't like the steps of 60, so I rewind and do an extra 5 min of 55 lol.. I figure if I can't get into it, I'm not going to give it my all! Hope everyone has a good Hump day!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Y'All! Fire 55 EZ with my weighted gloves this morning. Burned 481 calories which for me is low. I have to tell you I ate frozen yogurt last night and I was feeling the extra sugar. During the workout I felt sluggish, my movement was less intense, and I spent the entire 53 minutes wishing the workout would just be over. So unlike me :angry:

I'm happy to say I finished the entire workout but I'm going to do it again on Friday to see how I do w/o the added sugar the night before. Did you ever find your workout impacted by what you ate the night before???

Hope you all have a great day. Cocoa and I will be doing our 3 mile walk later to add some extra burn to my total.
    Sharon
  • Jinxed8
    Jinxed8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon,

This is awesome! Thanks for starting this thread and for your help. I'm so glad that I found this thread.
    I currently weigh 147 and have to go down to atleast 130.

I use WII EA Active 6 week challenge or the WII Fit for exercises. I try stay within the 1200 cals and log regularly in MFP.
    Now that the weather is getting better, I'm thinking I can have more outdoor activities planned and burn more.

Thanks and good luck with your business!