Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Fire 45 today...HRM showed 450 calorie burn (10 per minute on the nose!) Started today's eating off right with a double chocolate peanutbutter and strawberry shake for breakfast...OMG so good!

If you're a P90X fan...Tony Horton is going to be on the Today show today so don't miss him!

Make it GREAT day!
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, completed Turbo Fire 60 and Stretch 10, burned 635 cals, i am drenched, tomorrow is Fire 55 EZ and Abs 10, hope u guys are having a beautiful Monday, :flowerforyou:
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping I can jump in with y'all. My name is Shanna and I've lost 54 lbs so far this year (started Jan 3). I need to lose at least 90 more.

My goals are:
    Weight loss: I would LOVE to be in ONEderland by July 4 (26 more lbs) - end of July might be more realistic, though.
    Exercise: Continue with my C25K program (I'm on week 6), & continue with CLE (I'm on burn week 3). Open for other suggestions as well.

Also, my diary is always public - feel free to look and give advise.

Thanks so much for the coaching, Sharon. I feel I already know you a bit from reading through the posts. :flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hey Shanna! Welcome to the Team! Those are some great goals and I look forward to reading about your journey now that you've joined us!

I'll take a look at your diary to see if I have any immediate suggestions but 54 lbs gone is AMAZING!!! :drinker: You must be doing something right to have been so successful already!

I love ChaLEAN Extreme...I start Push circuit this week and am really excited to see what this last month of heavy lifting does for my arms. I'm also replacing breakfast every day for the next 30 days with Shakeology to see if I can reset my eating habits and see some movement on the scale. All the stress from losing my job 2 weeks ago has brought my willpower to ZERO!!! 7 lbs to go before June 16 (Beachbody Coaches Summit) and I really want to reach this goal.

I'll be posting my Shakeology 30 day mini journey results on my MFP blog. I didn't make it a challenge because doing so means you have to be using the product; however, if anyone is interested in joining me let me know!

Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Welcome Shanna!

Got in Fire 45 today and merciless abs for 459 calories!

I think this week, I'm going to make my whey protein shakes with just water not milk, I'm wondering if that is my problem. I don't normally drink milk (I know bad me) I was using fat free milk with them and Ice in a blender. Was using the Jillian Michels but tried the Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 today... but between me not losing any weight or inches and the (sorry TMI) extreme evening gas, something has got to go :( I didn't have any issues when I was drinking the adkins protein drink (already mixed, I just added ice and a banana and blended) So wondering if it could be the milk.

anyone else have issues with whey protein and milk?
  • telcochik
    Options
    Chrissie if you're lactose intolerant than you would have issues with milk...but not from whey protein. I use almond milk (unsweetened) which give my shakes creaminess for 1/2 the calories of cows milk.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Hey Shanna! Welcome to the Team! Those are some great goals and I look forward to reading about your journey now that you've joined us!

I'll take a look at your diary to see if I have any immediate suggestions but 54 lbs gone is AMAZING!!! :drinker: You must be doing something right to have been so successful already!

I love ChaLEAN Extreme...I start Push circuit this week and am really excited to see what this last month of heavy lifting does for my arms. I'm also replacing breakfast every day for the next 30 days with Shakeology to see if I can reset my eating habits and see some movement on the scale. All the stress from losing my job 2 weeks ago has brought my willpower to ZERO!!! 7 lbs to go before June 16 (Beachbody Coaches Summit) and I really want to reach this goal.

I'll be posting my Shakeology 30 day mini journey results on my MFP blog. I didn't make it a challenge because doing so means you have to be using the product; however, if anyone is interested in joining me let me know!

Sharon
    Hey Sharon! I'm drinking my Shakeology every morning for breakfast too! Little man and I love our SHAKE! We make it with water and strawberries, plus I've been adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder too. Gets me to about 325 calories or so and definitely keeps me full until lunch...actually it gives me 6 cups so I am able to drink it until lunch!
  • bk2011
    Options

I think this week, I'm going to make my whey protein shakes with just water not milk, I'm wondering if that is my problem. I don't normally drink milk (I know bad me) I was using fat free milk with them and Ice in a blender. Was using the Jillian Michels but tried the Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 today... but between me not losing any weight or inches and the (sorry TMI) extreme evening gas, something has got to go :( I didn't have any issues when I was drinking the adkins protein drink (already mixed, I just added ice and a banana and blended) So wondering if it could be the milk.

Hey Chrissie! I usually only use water (just not a fan of milk) and just wanted to report that with enough blending, I think it tastes great! The key is in the blender!
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone today was my first day of recovery week and I really like the Core Cardio and Balance Workout it gave me a 496 calorie burn so now that I know what it consist of I'm sure I'll be doing some extra cardio this week too. Hope everyone had a great Monday.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    If it's OK, I would like to start this thread too. I am a complete newbie. My whole life I was pretty much a stick, and never worried about what I ate or how much I worked out. ( I know, I know)

I had three kids, no problem. I was always around 125. I began approaching 40, and what the heck happend??!! Suddenly I was 143! Maybe it was being stationed in Germany and all that good European food, maybe it was the fact that i wasn't nursing babies anymore. So my hubby and I started the Atkin's diet, 2 weeks later our lives were forever changed.

He went in for shoulder surgery and never woke up. "Something" happened to his Oxygen , nobody "knows" what, but half his brain was killed. So, 2 weeks of coma, 4 brain surgeries over the course of a year, 2 months of living in rehab, then 2 years of outpatient rehab, and raising 3 small children. Needless to say the first time a friend brought me a diet mt. dew to the hospital bedside I laughed at them and say "screw this diet, life's too short, give me a real one!" Needless to say, being on the first two weeks of the Atkins diet had primed the pump. He, in a coma, and me stressed out and not able to eat, let's just say we both lost weight in a truely unhealthy way. No need to diet then.

So now here we are going on 7 years later, and I'm was up to 155. The same weight I was 9 mos PG!!!! We are as back to normal as we will ever get, BUT it's time to take care of me again. So, I don't know how to diet, I have never really worked out. And now I am pushing 46 and look like my Mom from the waist down. For some strange reason I don't really want to try the Atkin's diet again...

For Lent I decided to give up pop and sugary drinks. I lost 2 pounds(oh yeah, I had the flu too, lol). My friend introduced me to MPF a few weeks later. I began tracking my weight and comitted to exercising 3 times a week for an hour each, and 4 pounds came off in a week! Then Mother nature came to visit and I've been working out at the gym 4-5, maybe 6 days a week. Aerobics, MWF, T n Sat elypcial 30 min, strength weight training circuit for 50 min. And nothing! no gain, no loss for the past two weeks. I've been having probably one day a week of not so great eating, Sunday dinner at Grandma's. I try to work out ahead of time(so sometimes 7 days a week of working!). But i'm stymied.

So now I am reading blogs, and posts. I'm soooo sore from working out,it's like my ribs are brusied. I know I am getting results. My back bulges are gone, my "permanently" tied pj bottoms are hanging low, and I can see my stomach starting to tone up! So I know I am doing good. I just would like to see that scale start going down again! Or even a few inches lost???Maybe I'm just impatient?

Phew! What a lot to post!

My goals: get back to 125#. I am currently down to 149, but depending on which way I lean on my scale I can see 153 or 146! lol I am, or was in my younger days, 5'7"; I might be closer to 5'6" these days. ;-)

My MPF daily calorie intake is supposed to be 1200. I am trying to eat back my excercise calories, some days that's not a problem, and some day's I'm a couple hunded under. But I get full! Never have been a big eater, always eat 1/2. Biggest problem was my love for mt. dew, and tea with my sugar! lol But I'm off that stuff now. MPF say's i should be losing 1-2# a week, but I'm not. I have been religious about tracking everything for 25 days! Who knows. I certainly don't.

Anyway. Hoping to get help here. Am I being impatient????
  • Pheef52
    Options

Do you find that yo have issues when you eat all dairy or just the dairy and the whey protein? I use the Amplified Whey Extreme 60 regularly and I LOVE IT!!! but....if you don't mix it right it can get very foamy. They tell you to mix it with water sometimes when I am trying to increase my calorie intake because I can go extremely low unintentionally I mix it with juice and water and add fruit. But if you haven't tried it consider almond milk as an option.
  • telcochik
    Options
    If it's OK, I would like to start this thread too. I am a complete newbie. My whole life I was pretty much a stick, and never worried about what I ate or how much I worked out. ( I know, I know)

I had three kids, no problem. I was always around 125. I began approaching 40, and what the heck happend??!! Suddenly I was 143! Maybe it was being stationed in Germany and all that good European food, maybe it was the fact that i wasn't nursing babies anymore. So my hubby and I started the Atkin's diet, 2 weeks later our lives were forever changed.

He went in for shoulder surgery and never woke up. "Something" happened to his Oxygen , nobody "knows" what, but half his brain was killed. So, 2 weeks of coma, 4 brain surgeries over the course of a year, 2 months of living in rehab, then 2 years of outpatient rehab, and raising 3 small children. Needless to say the first time a friend brought me a diet mt. dew to the hospital bedside I laughed at them and say "screw this diet, life's too short, give me a real one!" Needless to say, being on the first two weeks of the Atkins diet had primed the pump. He, in a coma, and me stressed out and not able to eat, let's just say we both lost weight in a truely unhealthy way. No need to diet then.

So now here we are going on 7 years later, and I'm was up to 155. The same weight I was 9 mos PG!!!! We are as back to normal as we will ever get, BUT it's time to take care of me again. So, I don't know how to diet, I have never really worked out. And now I am pushing 46 and look like my Mom from the waist down. For some strange reason I don't really want to try the Atkin's diet again...

For Lent I decided to give up pop and sugary drinks. I lost 2 pounds(oh yeah, I had the flu too, lol). My friend introduced me to MPF a few weeks later. I began tracking my weight and comitted to exercising 3 times a week for an hour each, and 4 pounds came off in a week! Then Mother nature came to visit and I've been working out at the gym 4-5, maybe 6 days a week. Aerobics, MWF, T n Sat elypcial 30 min, strength weight training circuit for 50 min. And nothing! no gain, no loss for the past two weeks. I've been having probably one day a week of not so great eating, Sunday dinner at Grandma's. I try to work out ahead of time(so sometimes 7 days a week of working!). But i'm stymied.

So now I am reading blogs, and posts. I'm soooo sore from working out,it's like my ribs are brusied. I know I am getting results. My back bulges are gone, my "permanently" tied pj bottoms are hanging low, and I can see my stomach starting to tone up! So I know I am doing good. I just would like to see that scale start going down again! Or even a few inches lost???Maybe I'm just impatient?

Phew! What a lot to post!

My goals: get back to 125#. I am currently down to 149, but depending on which way I lean on my scale I can see 153 or 146! lol I am, or was in my younger days, 5'7"; I might be closer to 5'6" these days. ;-)

My MPF daily calorie intake is supposed to be 1200. I am trying to eat back my excercise calories, some days that's not a problem, and some day's I'm a couple hunded under. But I get full! Never have been a big eater, always eat 1/2. Biggest problem was my love for mt. dew, and tea with my sugar! lol But I'm off that stuff now. MPF say's i should be losing 1-2# a week, but I'm not. I have been religious about tracking everything for 25 days! Who knows. I certainly don't.

Anyway. Hoping to get help here. Am I being impatient????

WELCOME!!!! You are of course welcome to join us and we're so happy you found us. It sounds like you've been through a terrible tragedy these last several years so please give yourself a break and know that all changes you make to benefit your health are worthwhile...whether they show up on the scale or not!

We can all help you figure out the "diet" thing...except the first thing you need to do is replace the word "diet" with journey because this is a lifelong road, not a quick fix with an end point. Besides, "journey" is so much more positive! Let's first look at your food diary...do you log every day and if so is it publicly viewable?

I sent you a friend request. Please also reach out and friend the other ladies on this thread. Everyone is very supportive and we're all working on our own journeys so we're all in this together!r

Sharon
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    yup! I just went back and made my diary public. thanx
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Gang! Today was my first day of the CLX Lean Circuit month. Wow I forgot how hard these workouts are compared to the ones in the other 2 months. My arms are BURNING right now!

Day 2 of my 30 days of Shakeology for breakfast...double chocolate peanutbutter and banana...another winner. Scale was down 0.6 lbs this morning (I told you I'm obsessed with weighing every day). I won't officially talk about any loss though until Saturday.

Talk to you all later.
    Sharon
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's my "rest" day today so I think I'll wake up my 18 yo daughter and make her go for a bike ride with me. :happy: Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it. Lol!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good morning! It's my "rest" day today so I think I'll wake up my 18 yo daughter and make her go for a bike ride with me. :happy: Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it. Lol!!

ENJOY!!!!!!
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Day 2 of recovery week is done and I did a mile and a 1/2 run just to do a little more cardio. So got a pretty good burn of 787 calories today. I happened to be up late last night and low and behold an Insanity infomercial was on TV. I CAN'T WAIT for the CRAZINESS of month 2!!! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone is having a great day.

-Felicia
  • bk2011
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Felicia - Month 2 is going to be INSANE but so much fun! You will really see crazy results I think!

Sharon - I'm excited to see what you add to your shakes for breakfast! Maybe I'll be bold and try out something new!

Did a 30 minute 3.75 mile treadmill run but then little man woke up early from his nap. Was hoping to get in 45 min, and would have if I would have gotten my butt in gear just a little bit quicker (he took a 90 minute nap, but usually it's at least 2 hours so I took my time getting to my workout...when really I know better). May try to get in a quick 15 min run tonight after the hubby is home and the baby is sleeping!

Just finished up P90X chest, shoulders, and triceps...definitely burned more today with the little monkey on my back for all push ups...even the 6 one handed ones I did!!! YAY! Clap push ups we only made 2 with him on my back! But we were both laughing hysterically so some calories burned there! Always a good time, and I just :heart: my adorable little boy!

This week, then next, and then my first 90 days is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Brittany - for me it's all about the tablespoon of natural no sugar peanutbutter!!! Then I throw in some fruit, unsweetened chocolate almond milk, and lots of ice and I am good to go!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Everyone, i completed Turbo Fire 45 EZ And Lower 20 today, burned 560 cals,tomorrow is fire 30 and upper 20, hope u guys are having a beautiful day:flowerforyou: