Insanity February 7th

Options

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    A friend let me borrow Slim in 6! I heard it is great for beginners, so we'll see how it goes. It may not be enough of a challenge! If that's the case, P90X and Insanity hybrid!!!! :)
    How about you!?
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The hybrid sounds cool. I think I might continue Insanity. But maybe modify it a bit. I really want to try Bikram yoga. So I will do that after I am done. Also want to start some running again since the weather is getting better not that it really matters all that much in CA, lol. So yeah, let's see what I actually end up doing.

I keep on hearing about doing a hybrid but I still don't understand how does a person come up with a schedule. Do you make up your own schedule? Or you can find it on the Beachbody site? If want to make a hybrid of running, yoga and Insanity, do I just make up my schedule?
  • susanleasings
    Options
    You make your own schedule, but it would help to get some input from others! Do you have a Beachbody coach? You could ask them to help you. :)
    I actually found a pre-made hybrid that I may follow of P90X and Insanity. If you'd like, I could email it to you. :) Just need you to message me your email address. :) Let me know if you're interested.
  • pragya728
    Options
    Thanks but I have never done P90X. I don't even have it. For some reason it scares me. Lol. Maybe I will try it one day. I don't have a beachbody coach either. I guess I will try to make my own. Or maybe try to get some input. I really do want to get back into some running. I want to run another 10K soon, and just maybe do a 1/2 marathon this year.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Then you will!! :)
    Plyo kicked my bott today! I did not get enough sleep, and my body let me know all about it!! UGH!!!
  • pragya728
    Options
    I had a good workout today because I think I finally got some decent sleep last night after not sleeping properly for a few days. But yeah I know what you mean. That was me yesterday. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Ahhhhhh.......rested well last night and slept in this morning. Insanity can wait until after work. :)
  • pragya728
    Options
    Ooooh I am tired!!! Two workouts...I think Shaun T. was trying to kill me today. Lol. But it's done.

Glad you got better sleep last night. Have a good workout.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I thought the same thing........great workout!!! It is much easier when you're well rested. :) Keep rockin it lady!! ;)
  • pragya728
    Options
    Good workout today! 7 more workout left! Have a great workout.
  • avoisinet
    avoisinet Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi All-

I started insanity two weeks ago, but I am only doing it 4 days a week rather than the 6 days. I have two very young boys at home and I work about 60 hours a week...so this is all I can do. I absolutely LOVE the way I feel after doing the workouts and other than giving birth I don't think I have ever done anything harder in my life. I have lost 4lbs so far between this and really counting my calories and sticking to it. My question is, do you think I will still get results doing Insanity at the 4 days a week? I am not looking to be RIPPED in 60 days, I am looking for something I can do continuously. Just wanted to see what all your thoughts were. By the way...I think it is awesome how you have all kept at it and are cheering each other on. That is very encouraging to me.
    Thanks!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

I started insanity two weeks ago, but I am only doing it 4 days a week rather than the 6 days. I have two very young boys at home and I work about 60 hours a week...so this is all I can do. I absolutely LOVE the way I feel after doing the workouts and other than giving birth I don't think I have ever done anything harder in my life. I have lost 4lbs so far between this and really counting my calories and sticking to it. My question is, do you think I will still get results doing Insanity at the 4 days a week? I am not looking to be RIPPED in 60 days, I am looking for something I can do continuously. Just wanted to see what all your thoughts were. By the way...I think it is awesome how you have all kept at it and are cheering each other on. That is very encouraging to me.
    Thanks!!!

You will not get the same results that you would normally get, but you will get results (as you already have seen). 4 days is better then no days! Keep up the great work!!!
  • susanleasings
    Options

YAY!!! 1 week left!!!! WOOHOO!!! We have done soooo great! I know you are proud!!! I sure as heck am!! I am excited about mixing it up a bit! The P90X/Insanity hybrid looks awesome!!
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Hi All-

Thanks!!!

I definintely think you'll still get results! Especially if you're eating healthy! :)
  • ryansmom09
    ryansmom09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends and I are starting Insanity tomorrow...We looked a the fitness test and got a little intimidated, but we are going to bring it as much as we can. Are any of you using any of the Insanity products, i.e. the shakes???
  • susanleasings
    Options
    I am a P90X grad, I have 1 week of Insanity left, I love Hip Hop Abs, and I enjoy the Shakeology as well! Yum!! Insanity is INSANE!!! BUT, it works!!! I am in the best shape of my life!!! I am not at my goal yet, but I am well on my way!!! :) Welcome to the world of Insanity! :)
  • pragya728
    Options

YAY!!! 1 week left!!!! WOOHOO!!! We have done soooo great! I know you are proud!!! I sure as heck am!! I am excited about mixing it up a bit! The P90X/Insanity hybrid looks awesome!!

Yayyy!! We officially started our last week! Are you going to take a few days break next week or are you going straight to the hybrid?
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Probably going straight into the hybrid!! It is WAYYY too easy to slack off if I stop!! This is a way of life now! Gotta keep pushing!! :)
    How about you!?
  • pragya728
    Options
    I am probably going to continue and not take a break. Although I might just walk and do yoga for a week because my knees are really sore and in pain. So I might need to give them a little break before I start Insanity again.
  • susanleasings
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! :)