do men prefer skinny women?

Options

Replies

• Phatdaddymike
    Options
    I can't afford to be picky, I am into any woman that gives me the time of day.

Hang in there fella!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think us men can be a little Jekyll & Hyde when it comes to this issue.

Being slender for a woman is a status symbol in Western Society. Therefore when a man is out on the town and seen with a slim, attractive woman on his arm is taken as a sign of success, almost like a trophy of acheivement.

When it comes to the bedroom and intimacy though then it is curves all the way...

The perfect balance for me is Sofia Vergara.
  • Phatdaddymike
    Options
    skinny??..yes...anorexic?? no!!!! what kind of men do women like???
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    I think that most men like women to be slim but not skinny......I think they do like curvy womwn but as a few people on here have said already, I think that men's and women's definition of 'curvy' are two completely different things!

Men's definition of curvy is slim but with a generous helping of boobs and butt
    Women's definition of 'curvy' is someone who's carrying extra weight all over and not just in the 'right' places!

Thankfully there's no identikit woman who ALL men would find attractive. Some men like skinny women, some men like slim with small boobs, some like slim with big boobs, some like a woman with a little extra meat on her bones...............bearing that in mind, anyone who's trying to lose weight in the hope that they suddenly become more attractive to the opposite sex is doing so for the wrong reasons.

My view is do it for yourself and regardless of your size there'll be someone out there who adores you for you!
    (I've yet to find my Mr Right but i'm sure he's out there somewhere)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend definitely prefers the athletic/toned type which I am clearly not! But he does like definitely. He's usually the first person to notice my biceps changing...
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I think we're getting confused about terms here :)
    When I see the pics of Christina Hendricks- it is obvious why men like her ..ok ok, I mean besides the fact that she has a beautiful face and large chest. She is in fact curvy! Her arms and legs are not chubby, fat, but in fact lightly toned. She does not have bulky muscles. But she also has a wider hip ratio than most of the stars in Hollywood. I can't verify that for a fact except what I observe with my eyes. The ratios are important, and that's what men prefer. Even if they prefer thinner or more flesh I think that the ratio remains important.
    Fat is fat, zaftig, whatever.
    Curvy, at least I believe, has to do with how your hips/shoulders etc balance out with your waist and *obviously* having an outstanding rack doesn't hurt for most guys.
    Oh and yeah, duh, not every man prefers larger breasts.
    We already know that men, just like women, have a wide range of types of people that can attract them (then there are people who look for the same type of looking person over and over again which is weird to me, I say uh variety is the spice of life HAHA) but I'd bet that men overall do prefer a slimmer profile.
    When I say slimmer- I do not mean super skinny 2% body fat. I mean with *some* body fat but healthy looking.

I also think the younger the man the skinnier he will prefer. The prevailing beauty archetype in modern society is certainly obsessed with long lines and exceptionally thinner bodies. I used to play an MMO and I was only one women among tons of younger men aged 15-25, I played that game for two years (it was text based) and I have seen TONS of stupid conversations online about their preferences. I always noticed that younger men really truly prefer very skinny girls (with the goods of course).

With age comes experience and thank god for that.

P.S.

When the boys found out that in high school..I was 118 lbs (I'm 5' 8") they said that was considered 'thick' in HS.
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    So do men prefer the Jillian Micheals body type? Not seeing to many curves there... Whenever I see her, for some reason the words "ironing board" pop into my head...
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm lovin' the men's comments here. Those comments tell me that what the media is telling us is pretty is NOT what real men think is pretty. THANK GOD!

Makes me wonder, though, what the "younger generation" of men think is pretty. (i.e. teens and early twenties) They have been raised with the media's image of pretty - skinny skinny skinny but big grapefruit boobs. I would hate to be a 19 year old girl right now...
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ok her boobs are as big as my head. I can't tell how skinny she is cuz the eyes are definitely not drawn to her waist.

I agree! I googled her too, and seriously...those are NOT real boobs!

I agree, the BOOBS, have got to be fake, but it's the hips, and butt that my husband likes. He's not a boob man,( that's good for me, cause I don't have much :laugh: ) He like's meat on the bones, like Catherine Zeta Jones, Beyonce, and Christina Hendricks....they all have hips that make them curvy!!!! I must say that my husband is the first one to open my Lane Bryant catalogs....LOL, and it's not for the boobs, it's for the meat on the bones, and the hips. My husband likes to be able to grab on to something, when we......well you know :blushing: You can't grab on to a stick :tongue: .....Just saying!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    To be fair, I like big men.....who are over six foot and built like a wall of muscle........so I may be a little bit hypocritical moaning about the skinny or massive "rack" (I like this phrase) preferences!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I prefer curves........curves are sexy!

Not to be tacky but please describe exactly what a man's definitin of curves are. Seriously, some women are curvy but they look thick. Now I am 25 lbs O.W., but I am tall, so I gain I guess you could say from head to toe, not just in one area, but I do become more curvy, but I am not fit, but anyway, when I loose the weight and get tone and firm, I loose the curves and go back to being tall and thin. So its a conundrum. My husband is no help God bless him, he constantly tells me I look good. So to the point define what curves are cause some may sonsider that chunky.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    some women to me are too skinny and look sickly, sickly is not sexy
  • daniel1love
    Options
    sorry to be pedantic but most men DO NOT LIKE skinny women

"skinny" conjures up ribs showing through hollow cheeks and thin gangly arms and legs - NO WAY

On the contrary though men do not like FAT women either.

If I know anything about men (and have been one for some time) they prefer a female to be iN PROPORTION
    this may also mean a preference for larger bust or longer legs etc but it all (the whole package) has to be in proportion. That means that there is some latitude for carrying some or maybe extra flesh.

I hope that helps because I've read some garbage above "answering" this question.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    My first wife was a petite browneyed brunette Jew of Russian descent.

My second wife was a athletic big busted broweyed dishwater blonde Catholic of Italian descent.

My third wife was a curvy greeneyed blonde Christian of Czech descent.

My fourth (and last) wife is a blueeyed curvy busty (raised Mormon) of Heinz 57 descent. Hair is considered Auburn. Least that's what it says on the Clairol bottle.

I prefer strong willed, independent, "take no *kitten*" kind of women. I don't care about their body type.

You are gonna become a quick favorite around here! There are a lot of us here!
  • daniel1love
    Options
    I must say I am impressed by your response,even if its not what most woment want to hear.That is the most honest answer I have heard
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I believe someone nailed it already about 2 different definitions of "curvy". For me curvy doesn't mean a woman that's got padding (fat) all over, but someone that has healthy natural curves. I don't like the Jillian Michaels type or some of the pro endurance athletes.

Kate Beckinsale for instance...curvy & healthy:
    http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/kate-beckinsale/kate-beckinsale-20080902-451349.jpg

Looking at the following picture, I would consider the middle woman curvy/healthy. One on the right, curvy/could lose 15 lbs, and the one on the left, well, bonerack.
    http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/curvy-women7798.jpg

That's my point of view.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I really like a hard body in a man in terms of what will catch my eye-lean or built are both really nice. Sense of humor is what will get me every time though-if he makes me laugh he gets my heart and maybe my bod too...;)

I'm glad to see a sense of humor mentioned. Spending any time with a skinny/curvy man or women would seem pretty boring after about five minutes. Unless they had pretty eyes, a nice smile, and a great laugh.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    Ok, just to put my inserurities out here. I am 5'11 with serious legs goin on. I would rather be thin and not have a roll on me than look like an amazon. Seriously anyone out there that is tall and gets this? Now mind you I do not want to see my ribs, shoulder bones etc, I do not want to be anorexic looking, but I am going for 34 - 24 - 34. Is that bad? Currently at 36 - 28 - 37 all screwed up.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    I really like a hard body in a man in terms of what will catch my eye-lean or built are both really nice. Sense of humor is what will get me every time though-if he makes me laugh he gets my heart and maybe my bod too...;)

I'm glad to see a sense of humor mentioned. Spending any time with a skinny/curvy man or women would seem pretty boring after about five minutes. Unless they had pretty eyes, a nice smile, and a great laugh.
    [/quote

It would depend on the reason you were spending time with them :tongue:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

[/quote

It would depend on the reason you were spending time with them :tongue:

You mean if I'm paying for them buy the hour? hahaha