do men prefer skinny women?

Options

Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Exhusband told me that as long as the stomach does not stick out more than the breasts, than he pretty much finds a woman attractive.:laugh:
  • dmelheff
    Options
    He is a keeper!!
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If they prefer "curvy girls" why do all of the ads geared toward men feature skinny girls? Why are cheerleaders so skinny? Why are calendar girls and playboy models all skinn? And no I do not consider breast implants and perfect butts to be considered a curvy girl as it is being used here. (This is a site for weight loss right? so I assume you mean a plus size girl)

I would suggest it is a couple of things.

First the target audience is very young so as I said above the almost teenage look is what they are shooting for.
    That has sort of become self perpetuating now knows nothing else.
    If they started putting out a more mature role model you would see that become the norm.

Maybe I am way off the mark here but I think the ad industry attempting to sell to the most impressionable has caused great harm.
    In fairness they are doing what they need to do to stay in business so not sure the answer.

I agree in a way, but I also disagree. To say that this is marketing geared towards the young seems to dismiss the fact that older men still find those things to be very attractive. Obviously the marketing and advertising industry has a lot to do with body perception and what people are willing to do or believe they have to do in order to meet standard. I find smaller women to be attractive because I am supposed to be a big, strong man. My most substantial comparison is going to be the person that I am most intimate with. If she is smaller than me then on some warped level, I feel better about myself. On the same note, at my low weight, I surprised her by coming out of the bedroom wearing a pair of her pants to show her that I could fit into them. Not the best decision, the look on her face, not because I was wearing women's jeans, but because I could fit into HER jeans, had her visiting Mr. Billy Blanks and Ms. Jillian Michaels religiously for the next months. In her eyes and most women's eyes, she is supposed to be smaller than her man.

Fat girls want to lose weight, scrawny dudes like me want to get ripped, bald guys want hair, and many women are forgetting that it is possible to age gracefully. Media dictates what we like and even as free thinking, mature adults, we have all been influenced by our cultural norms.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    If they prefer "curvy girls" why do all of the ads geared toward men feature skinny girls? Why are cheerleaders so skinny? Why are calendar girls and playboy models all skinn? And no I do not consider breast implants and perfect butts to be considered a curvy girl as it is being used here. (This is a site for weight loss right? so I assume you mean a plus size girl)

I would suggest it is a couple of things.

First the target audience is very young so as I said above the almost teenage look is what they are shooting for.
    That has sort of become self perpetuating now knows nothing else.
    If they started putting out a more mature role model you would see that become the norm.

Maybe I am way off the mark here but I think the ad industry attempting to sell to the most impressionable has caused great harm.
    In fairness they are doing what they need to do to stay in business so not sure the answer.

I agree in a way, but I also disagree. To say that this is marketing geared towards the young seems to dismiss the fact that older men still find those things to be very attractive. Obviously the marketing and advertising industry has a lot to do with body perception and what people are willing to do or believe they have to do in order to meet standard. I find smaller women to be attractive because I am supposed to be a big, strong man. My most substantial comparison is going to be the person that I am most intimate with. If she is smaller than me then on some warped level, I feel better about myself. On the same note, at my low weight, I surprised her by coming out of the bedroom wearing a pair of her pants to show her that I could fit into them. Not the best decision, the look on her face, not because I was wearing women's jeans, but because I could fit into HER jeans, had her visiting Mr. Billy Blanks and Ms. Jillian Michaels religiously for the next months. In her eyes and most women's eyes, she is supposed to be smaller than her man.

Fat girls want to lose weight, scrawny dudes like me want to get ripped, bald guys want hair, and many women are forgetting that it is possible to age gracefully. Media dictates what we like and even as free thinking, mature adults, we have all been influenced by our cultural norms.

Big, big mistake putting her jeans LOL. I would be livid ;-)
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I prefer fit, firm, and curvaceous women.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I prefer fit, firm, and curvaceous women.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    There ya all go with the term "curaceous" that really seems to have a differant definition for differant men.
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And to be clear...I didn't do it because I like wearing women's clothing or because I wanted to make her feel like crap. I was just psyched that I lost enough weight to fit into the jeans of someone I felt was in really good shape. Try explaining your way out of that without feeling like more of a douche bag.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    whoops, my bad I spelled curvaceous wrong.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    And to be clear...I didn't do it because I like wearing women's clothing or because I wanted to make her feel like crap. I was just psyched that I lost enough weight to fit into the jeans of someone I felt was in really good shape. Try explaining your way out of that without feeling like more of a douche bag.

:laugh: I hope she milked that one for awhile! :laugh:
  • Still_Sossy
    Options

You must have on heck of a sense of humor. Your girlfriend too.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son is 24 and he's attracted to LARGE size women. If anyone has seen the show Operation Repo I think it's called, my son is attracted to the big woman on there. I can't stand that whole family. :tongue:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    My first wife was a petite browneyed brunette Jew of Russian descent.

My second wife was a athletic big busted broweyed dishwater blonde Catholic of Italian descent.

My third wife was a curvy greeneyed blonde Christian of Czech descent.

My fourth (and last) wife is a blueeyed curvy busty (raised Mormon) of Heinz 57 descent. Hair is considered Auburn. Least that's what it says on the Clairol bottle.

I prefer strong willed, independent, "take no *kitten*" kind of women. I don't care about their body type.

You are gonna become a quick favorite around here! There are a lot of us here!

He already is a favourite!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

ROFL!!!
    You were just having a fun moment and it crashed and burned b/c that is almost sacred to a woman LOL....
    You poor thing hahhaa.

Re: media and perception of beauty. It works. If it didn't they wouldn't spend millions upon millions of dollars creating those images for the public to pursue and warp our minds around. Perfection must be unattainable so that we may chase the carrot for perpetuity to consume the maximum amount of money in order to get that carrot.
    Kind of like making products with in built obsolescence...concepts of beauty changing and having a complex relationship with fashion just ends up being a super speeded up sick cocktail of "screw your humanness" thank you.
    I'm so glad I have my own personal brain and can pick out the taint thought by thought.

P.S.
    Clothing looks better on taller thinner body types, it's a good hanger.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options

ROFL!!!
    You were just having a fun moment and it crashed and burned b/c that is almost sacred to a woman LOL....
    You poor thing hahhaa.

Re: media and perception of beauty. It works. If it didn't they wouldn't spend millions upon millions of dollars creating those images for the public to pursue and warp our minds around. Perfection must be unattainable so that we may chase the carrot for perpetuity to consume the maximum amount of money in order to get that carrot.
    Kind of like making products with in built obsolescence...concepts of beauty changing and having a complex relationship with fashion just ends up being a super speeded up sick cocktail of "screw your humanness" thank you.
    I'm so glad I have my own personal brain and can pick out the taint thought by thought.

P.S.
    \

Yeah? Try finding pants long enough. I can only get them from Victorias Secret's catalog, they are the only ones I can find that go up to 36" inseam. It really stinks sometimes. I would love to buy clothes off the rack on clearance just once!!!!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This is such a loaded question. Curvy to one man might be skinny or heavy to another. There is no way to generalize the interests of every man and, likewise, there is no perfect body type for women to achieve. You should never lose or gain weight just to attract the opposite sex because no matter what size you are there will be people that find you attractive. And if a relationship is based solely on looks then it's shallow. There has to be more than physical attraction to keep a relationship going.

That being said, my personal interests vary quite a bit. Before I was married there wasn't a set type of woman that I looked for. I've dated really skinny chicks and I've dated obese chicks. I've dated red heads, brunettes, and blondes. In other words, I've never gone into a bar and said I'm going to ask the skinniest chick here out on a date. What it really comes down to for me is personality. Chemistry just happens and I prefer to find it blindly. If you look healthy, have confidence and make me smile then I will probably find you to be attractive.

And honestly I think the media is getting a bad rap out of all of this. There is fantasy land (V.S. commercials, Batwatch, etc) and there is reality. I don't know about you all but there aren't too many swimsuit models where I live. Sure there are some stunning women around but I doubt too many guys are holding out in hopes of dating Adriana Lima.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My EX used to tell me I wouldn't be as attractive to him if I lost weight. :noway: Talk about incentive to not do anything about my weight!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There ya all go with the term "curaceous" that really seems to have a differant definition for differant men.

I would be thinking more like the pin up girls of the 50s,that sort of curvy.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

ROFL!!!
    You poor thing hahhaa.

P.S.
    \

Yeah? Try finding pants long enough. I can only get them from Victorias Secret's catalog, they are the only ones I can find that go up to 36" inseam. It really stinks sometimes. I would love to buy clothes off the rack on clearance just once!!!!

LOL :) I only have a measly 32" inseam to your luscious 36" but my point still rings true!
    It *looks* better...but obviously those longer inseams are rarer and above average in the population.
    So you know, count your blessings silly woman!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options

It does have different meanings to different men. That's the beauty of the human race. I find a woman who is fit: small waist, nice hips, round butt, to be the most desirable. When a woman has a small waist and nice butt, I'm going to steal a peek whether I want to or not. If she has a gut, especially a gut that hangs over her waistline, I'm not going to be remotely attracted to her. It's not what I like. So, when I say curvaceous, I usually try to put fit and curvaceous in the same sentence because that's what I like. If skinny girls are girls that are inside their optimum BMI range, then that's what I like. I mean i do like fit girls.