do men prefer skinny women?

Options

Replies

• seemichellerun
    Options
    I'm gonna call BS on all the guys saying they like "curvy" girls. When I go out with one of my best friends, she gets hit on ALL THE TIME and I'm totally ignored. She's 5'5", size 4, and flat chested. I'm 5'2", size 8, and a DD. (We both have flat tummys.) Appearance wise, we look very similar and most people assume we're related.

So yeah, I'm going to have to say that most men prefer skinny women.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'm lovin' the men's comments here. Those comments tell me that what the media is telling us is pretty is NOT what real men think is pretty. THANK GOD!

Makes me wonder, though, what the "younger generation" of men think is pretty. (i.e. teens and early twenties) They have been raised with the media's image of pretty - skinny skinny skinny but big grapefruit boobs. I would hate to be a 19 year old girl right now...

Every generation has their sex symbols. When I was a teenager Jenny McCarthy, and Pam Anderson were the agreed upon sex symbols. I don't think it's any different now than it was then.

To answer the original question. I some do, some don't. Just like women prefer different types of men, men prefer different types of women. Personality and intelligence have a lot to do with what makes a person attractive too.

I will tell you ladies one thing. Quit comparing yourselves to anyone in television or the big screen. Some guys may put stock in that, but you don't want any part of them. Most of us understand that the Hollywood Image has little relevancy to real life.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Men prefer women who are bout a size 4 thru a size 10. Not women who are size 0 with no hips. LOL. I am a size 6 to 8 dependin on brand but hell, I am engaged to a man who's only ever been with BIG women bc they were the only ones who ever gave him a chance. Some men just ain't picky. And unfortantly most men like women with big tits, I got tiny tots (36C) well, compared to my man's ex's they were no smaller than DD cup but then agian they wore women plus sizes instead of being able to fit into a misses small or medium. Some men have even told me that they like a woman who have a lil "pouch" (stomach) but unfortantly there are men out there that if the woman that they are with gains a lil weight especially thru pregancy tend to find their women unattactive and try and cheat..... I was @ the time a lil heavier and a guy I worked with tried gettin a "piece" bc his woman before she got prego was the size that I was @ that time and he was upset bout her being heavier..... BTW my fiance knows he tried and he didn't do anything bout it! She to this day is my friend but I never told her.

So yea, men are pigs! They like women with a pretty face, boobs, hips and a small waist. That's why most men enjoy lookin at pics in magazines or on the internet of pretty women bc they are never satisfied!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I can sum it all up with just one phrase...... " A real Woman!" non of this super skinny stuff, the media is to blame for all of that !!!! its not true.

Most men go for a real woman, with a bust and a waist !
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i like curves in perportion. Because there are so many different body types it can vary its not about "skinny" vs "thick" for me but healthy. i dont want a stick figure neither do i want a round ball.
  • jcburroughs
    Options
    It depends. My current boyfriend says he likes my body and doesnt want me to get too small. Im 5'7" and weigh 200lbs. I believe that the overall preference is shapely with a flat stomach (not washboard abs)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    lol
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    hahaha I like you guy! honest! any woman would be nuts not to think you are adorable!
  • fit4lyfe7
    fit4lyfe7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna call BS on all the guys saying they like "curvy" girls. When I go out with one of my best friends, she gets hit on ALL THE TIME and I'm totally ignored. She's 5'5", size 4, and flat chested. I'm 5'2", size 8, and a DD. (We both have flat tummys.) Appearance wise, we look very similar and most people assume we're related.

So yeah, I'm going to have to say that most men prefer skinny women.

My sentiments exactly!
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to be picky, I am into any woman that gives me the time of day.

hahahaha I love this guy! honest! What woman wouldn't think you are adorable?
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like thinner chicks. Alot of that comes from actually comes from me liking girls that are just plain "smaller" than me. At 5'8" and change and with a fluctuating weight that drops down to 155 or so, I tend to like girls who don't make me feel like a midget. Most of the girls/women I have dated were in the 5'1" to 5'3" range and most of them have been thin....not "skinny" just smaller. I like a little belly and I like meat to grab onto. My fiance is pretty thin and she gets ripped with minimal effort, I relish every day that I can grab onto a little leg meat or feel mush on her tum. She generally scowls and views the action as insulting even though I tell her it is super cute.

I have definitely been attracted to "curvy" or chubby chicks, things generally didn't work out with them because they were self-conscious about their weight and couldn't let it go.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for Caribbean men....they definitely like curvy women....this ranges from healthy curvy to overweight and curvy. Once you've got nice hips, boobs or a big booty the guys will be looking for sure

The guys at work complain everytime I am dressed for the gym, they tell me I dont need it I look fine.
    I get more hits on me at 185 than when I was 120s....
    There are guys that like smaller women but they are the minority.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think when my hubby says he likes curves he means "hourglass shaped"
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Everybody's definitions are so different. Take skinny and curves for example. To some people skinny means toned to others it means model skinny (unhealthy and unattractive). For some curves means 36-24-36, for others it might mean excess body weight. Personally I think a healthy toned woman is very attractive. 9 times out of 10 those are the women who do some type of exercise whether aerobic (Cardio) or anaerobic (Weight training). Notice I said toned not too overly muscular (Ms. Olympia) that's cool if that's your thing I just don't personally find it attractive.

So if skinny means fit/toned/comfortable with their body then YES.

Curt
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I was watching MANswers once, and they said that men actually prefer an hourglass shape vs a skinny one.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Ok, just to put my inserurities out here. I am 5'11 with serious legs goin on. I would rather be thin and not have a roll on me than look like an amazon. Seriously anyone out there that is tall and gets this? Now mind you I do not want to see my ribs, shoulder bones etc, I do not want to be anorexic looking, but I am going for 34 - 24 - 34. Is that bad? Currently at 36 - 28 - 37 all screwed up.

Do you do strength training? I've had more luck getting my body in proportion with strength training than with cardio. I do both but the inches really came off my waist and hips when I added power pump and boot camp.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Beauty and sexy comes in all sizes and shapes,it needs to be feminine though...the teenage boy "twiggy" look does less then nothing for me.
    I like a lady with a figure and curves,nice hips and butt.

I wish Hollywood and the fashion industry would recognize that a stick figure is not appealing to a lot of guys.
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If they prefer "curvy girls" why do all of the ads geared toward men feature skinny girls? Why are cheerleaders so skinny? Why are calendar girls and playboy models all skinn? And no I do not consider breast implants and perfect butts to be considered a curvy girl as it is being used here. (This is a site for weight loss right? so I assume you mean a plus size girl)
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ok, just to put my inserurities out here. I am 5'11 with serious legs goin on. I would rather be thin and not have a roll on me than look like an amazon. Seriously anyone out there that is tall and gets this? Now mind you I do not want to see my ribs, shoulder bones etc, I do not want to be anorexic looking, but I am going for 34 - 24 - 34. Is that bad? Currently at 36 - 28 - 37 all screwed up.

Do you do strength training? I've had more luck getting my body in proportion with strength training than with cardio. I do both but the inches really came off my waist and hips when I added power pump and boot camp.

I do a lot of yoga and Pilates. I also have Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown which is like Yoga on speed running along side of its cousin steroid.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If they prefer "curvy girls" why do all of the ads geared toward men feature skinny girls? Why are cheerleaders so skinny? Why are calendar girls and playboy models all skinn? And no I do not consider breast implants and perfect butts to be considered a curvy girl as it is being used here. (This is a site for weight loss right? so I assume you mean a plus size girl)

I would suggest it is a couple of things.

First the target audience is very young so as I said above the almost teenage look is what they are shooting for.
    That has sort of become self perpetuating now knows nothing else.
    If they started putting out a more mature role model you would see that become the norm.

Maybe I am way off the mark here but I think the ad industry attempting to sell to the most impressionable has caused great harm.
    In fairness they are doing what they need to do to stay in business so not sure the answer.