let's flip the table, what do women prefer in a man?

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
Hmmmmm, where to start.. I love a strong man, who takes care of his body and is proud of how he looks. Attitude is important, they have to be secure enough to have a sensitive side and not be afraid to let it show, as well as know who they are. Compassion and empathy go a long way too. Oh and sense of humor??? Hell yeah!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Broad shoulders, strong arms and heck yeah on the sense of humor part! :love:
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    Tall, broad shoulders, strong legs, a little squishy. Big personality and sense of humor. :)
    Is that too much?
    It seems to be since I am alone, and have been for quite some time.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Physically - it's all about the eyes. I perfer him to be stronger than I am. So he can lift the couch when we move.

Personality - to ability to love unconditionally, a good sense of humor, able to laught at his own mistakes. laid back..b/c I'm too high strung and need balance.

I feel blessed to have a husband with all of the qualities and he cooks!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I prefer a man with a muscular athletic build, strong character, and loves his family.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    WHen I was on the prowl---over 23 years ago-I preferred a man who was not smaller than me!!!!
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, where to start.. I love a strong man, who takes care of his body and is proud of how he looks. Attitude is important, they have to be secure enough to have a sensitive side and not be afraid to let it show, as well as know who they are. Compassion and empathy go a long way too. Oh and sense of humor??? Hell yeah!

You pretty much covered all of my bases - but also, a guy that pays me attention, but isn't clingy (there's a fine line there); a guy that is upbeat and positive; knows how to take care of himself physically and mentally and isn't a *kitten*. :glasses: Oh yeah that last one is very important!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Tall, broad shoulders, strong legs, a little squishy. Big personality and sense of humor. :)
    Is that too much?

Yes, you guy is totally out there! I wish i could provide a map but mine just fell in my lap.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Taller than me, doesn't take much though...broad shoulders, nice chest, good back, some junk in the trunk...yes...pretty eyes, nice hair...and must be as sarcastic and cynical as me...:glasses:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Here's my list
    Honesty at all cost
    strong sense of worth
    treats me like a princess(he so does)
    humor
    integrity
    He has to get me(and he does)
    compassion ♥♥♥
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I prefer a man who knows how to treat a woman - does he respect his mother? A man that respects and loves his mom says a lot about how he will treat his woman IMO.

And I prefer a man to have a personality. No someone who is quiet and stands in the shadows, but one that laughs at a joke and enjoys the company around him. Someone who returns the question "how are you doing" when asked the same thing...instead of just answering it and not returning the question out of politeness.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    Is that too much?

Yes, you guy is totally out there! I wish i could provide a map but mine just fell in my lap.

Oh God! LMAO!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I used to only date guys that were over 6 feet tall, broad shoulders, in good shape, but not overly so I felt bad about myself..lol!
    My current boyfriend is 5'8" tall, weighs about 150 pounds and loves to hike, rock climb, ski, you name it he likes to do it.
    I'm completely thankful every day that I stepped out of my "comfort zone" and gave him a chance. He's the most amazing man I've ever met. :love:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I know what I prefer in a man because I found him lol.
    He's the rock to my daily epiphany.
    He is sparkling green eyes to my deep brown..
    I don't need height just masculinity and I don't need badass just someone to love me, hold me, laugh with me.
    Handsome doesn't hurt! Great smiles and good sense of humor. I prefer dark hair - my husband is graying and it looks fantastic.
    Must have a devastatingly good personal scent, yes, that matters. My husband smells delicious.
    Thoughtfulness.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I like nice muscled arms but not muscles that are too big and large hands. But mainly I like a man that has old fashioned values and knows how to treat a woman with respect. On my first date with my last boyfriend (now deceased) he told me (as I started to open the door of his truck to get in) that chivalry is not dead and he would not let me open the door. He always insisted on opening doors for me. My George was quite a bit older than me and out of shape and not in the best of health but he won my heart because of the way he treated me.
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    I know what I prefer in a man because I found him lol.
    He's the rock to my daily epiphany.
    He is sparkling green eyes to my deep brown..
    I don't need height just masculinity and I don't need badass just someone to love me, hold me, laugh with me.
    Handsome doesn't hurt! Great smiles and good sense of humor. I prefer dark hair - my husband is graying and it looks fantastic.
    Must have a devastatingly good personal scent, yes, that matters. My husband smells delicious.
    Thoughtfulness.

Wow, that just made me want to go kiss my husband, and he is not home! Deep Ma'am. deep.
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like men who are taller than me, definitely a little bigger than me, strong arms, rough hands and yes, sense of humor is a must, and I like men who aren't couch potatoes, nothing irritates me more than having that man who encourages me to stay in the house and be inactive. But since i've been single for what feels like forever I'm starting to think they've all been snagged up lol :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    writing.gif
  • Still_Sossy
    Options
    writing.gif

OMG!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is by far the best post! :laugh:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Strong arms (but not a body builder)
    Sexy eyes
    Very intellegent - can use his brain, likes to read
    Likes nature - enjoys hiking and camping
    Respectful to animals, women, and children
    Comfortable with who he is, but not an over-confident jerk
    Goofy - likes to play and have fun
    Nice butt - I like going to baseball games...
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Is that too much?

I too like them tall and a little squishy too... lol and the tall part is harder than I ever expected being 5'11 and change. But honestly its not all about looks, he has to believe in working hard and playing hard. I need him honest and have a great sense of humor. I'm soo tired of lying jerks who expect you to support them!!!