30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    Laura4410- THANKS SO MUCH for posting your before and after! I am very close in size to your before pics (a tad bit bigger) and this definitely gives me hope! Good job and way to stick with it! I hope that I get to see some similar results. I really wish I had done before pics so I can see. I guess I could do them now even though I am 10 days in. I have pics from the summer that I will be able to compare my overall before and after. Anyways...great job!

AND for level 1...GOOD BYE!! I am on to level 2 tomorrow. I have done 10 days straight of level 1 and my muscles and I are bored and ready for a new challenge. I am able to all of Natalie's moves except push ups, of course, and only needed one break for water through the entire thing.

So far I have lost 4 lbs, but I don't know about inches. I just took measurements on day 7, so I will probably just compare at the end. I definitely feel like I look a little better.

Hope everyone has a good day! Don't let the weekend get you off track, gotta stay moving and focused so you don't break all the good work from the week! I will be going on a hike with the dogs after I clean the house to stay moving!
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of level 1. I'm not sure at what point I should move up, I just figured once level 1 seems easy I would. It's still hard but I'm getting through ok.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think I might try L2 again today, since my back is feeling much better.
    Also, I hate the fact that she mentions AGAIN that we work out the small muscles with the big muscles to burn more calories.
    OK, Jillian...we got it the first 4 times you told us in level 1...

Can you tell I feel a little hostile tonight after that workout. =/
    :laugh: Glad to hear you are enjoying L2 and the moves!
    Thanks Steph, thats what keeps me moving forward. Eventually my body will catch on to the new "me" and cooperate!!
    Exactly! Great attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    L2 D1
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did it because I was getting tired of level 1 and it was getting easy. I am so exhausted and it was SO HARD for me! I have NO back muscles and my core is weak since I had a C-section 1 year ago (haven't worked out much since). Level 2 was so hard for me but I really LOVE the moves. I think I may stay here a while, not sure if it will ever get easy for me, but I hope so! Man-Oh-Man I will be so tired and sore tomorrow. I wasn't sore on level 1 the last couple days, but I will be now!

Also, I hate the fact that she mentions AGAIN that we work out the small muscles with the big muscles to burn more calories.
    OK, Jillian...we got it the first 4 times you told us in level 1...

Can you tell I feel a little hostile tonight after that workout. =/

O boy, I'll be moving on to level 2 on Tuesday, this comment makes me say yikes!

And I feel the same way ab her saying that line! That is hilarious! We all have our little issues with Jill LOL
  • nellyp0oh
    nellyp0oh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself!! I keep pushing myself!! D3L1 is complete and you guys were right!!! I am noticing I can do more this time around. Never thought it would be possible with all the soreness I have but man when you are determined to do something adrenaline takes over!!! Thanks yall for the support. I wish I could get my family and friends down with this but they aren't into it (except my mom, she's interested). OO well when they see my body changing they'll wish they had joined me soooner. I am soooooo focused right now. I WILL HAVE A NICE BODY AGAIN!!!
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    D9L1 completed! The past few days have been TOUGH!!!! All I can figure out is that it is my TOM and only my second postpartum one. I am exhausted, both physically and emotionally. I bawled through 1/3 of the workout today and not because it was physically tough. :tongue:

Here is to Level 2 and a better week next week. :drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Did my D2 L2 (12/30) today!!! :bigsmile: It was hard, even with all my modified moves (the ones that strain my back). So on some of the plank moves, I was just holding the plank position, instead of bring my knee to my chest. It was so much more fun than 2 days ago (D1 L2). I'm really glad I decided to continue with L2. I was dripping!
    Never thought it would be possible with all the soreness I have but man when you are determined to do something adrenaline takes over!!! Thanks yall for the support. I wish I could get my family and friends down with this but they aren't into it (except my mom, she's interested).
    :happy: :flowerforyou: Totally hear you when the adrenaline (and determination) take over. I hope you can get your mom involved to.

linemansgirl... Way to push through it! I almost cried on D2, but more because of the challenge. Same with D1. Keep on moving! :flowerforyou:
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    totally in! i just ordered it the other day! SO excited to start!! :)
  • Dimples99
    Dimples99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a question, I'm new and I'm wondering how I'm supposed to log in the 30 Day Shred as exercise in the Food Diary? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Whoohoo! Okay, D5L1 done! Still doing girlie pushups.... still can't do the side lunge with weights both times... but i'll get there... tempted to check out L2 just for "fun" - LOL

keep it up people! Yay us!
  • utahsis
    Options
    Yeah - survived 1st day of Shred --- only 29 more to go.... Thanks for the challenge!:laugh:
  • nellyp0oh
    nellyp0oh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a question, I'm new and I'm wondering how I'm supposed to log in the 30 Day Shred as exercise in the Food Diary? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

at the exercise tab lookup "circuit training, general" put 20 or 30 minutes.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the 30 Day Shred is on the internet anywhere? My brother's wife just had a baby today (first grandchild for my parents!), and I jumped on a plane to go see them and in the rush, forgot to bring the DVD. I really don't want to go 3 days without this workout :(. I made it 5 days in a row and don't want to quit now! Any advice?
  • mislove68
    Options
    Does anyone know if the 30 Day Shred is on the internet anywhere? My brother's wife just had a baby today (first grandchild for my parents!), and I jumped on a plane to go see them and in the rush, forgot to bring the DVD. I really don't want to go 3 days without this workout :(. I made it 5 days in a row and don't want to quit now! Any advice?

Do they have cable? I know with Comcast lvl 1 is on demand under exercise tv. Otherwise I have no idea where you could find it unless you downloaded it from some sight.
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    amazon on demand has it, you can buy each level separately for $1.99! if you have a streaming device on the tv you can watch it, or just on the computer
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Laura4410- THANKS SO MUCH for posting your before and after! I am very close in size to your before pics (a tad bit bigger) and this definitely gives me hope! Good job and way to stick with it! I hope that I get to see some similar results. I really wish I had done before pics so I can see. I guess I could do them now even though I am 10 days in. I have pics from the summer that I will be able to compare my overall before and after. Anyways...great job!

AND for level 1...GOOD BYE!! I am on to level 2 tomorrow. I have done 10 days straight of level 1 and my muscles and I are bored and ready for a new challenge. I am able to all of Natalie's moves except push ups, of course, and only needed one break for water through the entire thing.

So far I have lost 4 lbs, but I don't know about inches. I just took measurements on day 7, so I will probably just compare at the end. I definitely feel like I look a little better.

Hope everyone has a good day! Don't let the weekend get you off track, gotta stay moving and focused so you don't break all the good work from the week! I will be going on a hike with the dogs after I clean the house to stay moving!

You are welcome, and thank you for the compliment!! Definitely take some pics ASAP, even if they are just for you and no one else! I am serious. I knew the scale was being nicer to me, but you know how the water weight thing is I kept thinking it could just be a fluke. And I knew at halfway I noticed some change in measurements, but my negative self told myself that it was probably that I was measuring in a different spot. When I look in the mirror, I definitely dont see myself the way I do when I look at the pictures. I have no idea WHY that is, but It is helping me to keep going!! Go snap snap away!!
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, I just wanted to add a bit of encouragement for those questioning moving onto a different level. Of course at first, it seems more challenging, and takes some time to get the moves down. But all three are killer workouts. After I finished the 30 days, I decided the next 30 I would mix it up with the 3 just to keep my body guessing and keep things interesting. I did level 2 a few days ago, and then level 1 yesterday and OMG Im sore again!! So dont be scared of the higher levels, I dont wanna do lvl 1 again. lol They are all very doable, and just different muscles at different times, and I think its the different routine that makes it mentally more challenging. It turns out I like 3 the best but I cant explain why...I went from LOATHING rockstar jumps to looking forward to them! :) I also think that lvl 2 had the biggest impact on my change, because the planks work your core so much and lvl 2 has a lot of plank work!! Keep up the hard work.

ps...Today was day 33 for me, and I stuck with the lucky number and did level 3!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/
    The other levels are on there too, just search for 30 day shred. Don't know if this site has it legally or not so use at your own risk!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 for the first time today. .... YOWZA! My wrists hurt from all the plank moves. I really had to follow "Anita" for the modified movements and had to stop and take quick breaks several times. I really like it except the wrist pain. I hope I can push through that. I am motivated though... I will do this!!! :laugh:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UgpuDex8Iuo/
    The other levels are on there too, just search for 30 day shred. Don't know if this site has it legally or not so use at your own risk!
    This is GREAT! Now I can try other Jillian Michaels workouts... thanks for sharing!