30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    L1D5 completed, whew! I'm struggling with push-ups, and jump rope-part way through I have to stop for a second and grab my calves/thighs, lol! I don't mind Jillian (yet!) but have you noticed, when you are doing the punches, you can kind of "aim" at her on the screen? :) I was soo sore the first few days, in my thighs-coming down stairs-eesh! But that has gotten better. I pulled a neck muscle a few weeks ago, lifting 8 lb weights with P90X (I have decided to put that on hold for a few months, and get through 30DS a couple of times) went to the chiropractor once, seemed better, but its acting up again. I still managed to get through 30DS, so I'm hoping with more working out, I can get that muscle stronger, and it won't bother me...

Keep up the great work ladies, everyone is so inspiring!
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    D2L1 done today!! Yikes this is hard. I hate jumping jacks!!! I have to do this in my room and as I jump my fish tank is swishing around!! LOL O well. I want to quit when i get to the jumping jacks everytime, but i think oh no Jillian would be mad!! LOL. I hope this thing works. I am trying really hard at MFP and this workout. I just hope it pays off!!

Same thing happens to me! My fish definitely does not like it when I do those jumping jacks at all.

Today was day 9 for me! Of level 1. I think I will see how I feel after tomorrow but I think I will be moving up to level 2. I'm really excited!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I don't mind Jillian (yet!) but have you noticed, when you are doing the punches, you can kind of "aim" at her on the screen? :)

I have definitely noticed this!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1: Complete! I finished the entire workout today without stopping. I did every push up (modified) and every squat and press. It has definitely gotten easier for me to do everything. My thighs are still sore pretty much all day, but they're not quite as bad as they were after day 1, and I'm definitely able to get through the workout despite this.

This makes me really happy and is very encouraging that I can keep this up for the whole 30 days. For anyone who is several days in, and is still struggling, I would suggest listening to your own music and turning the DVD volume down really low. My music pumps me up more than listening to Jillian does, and I just keep it loud enough so that I can hear when she says to move onto the next exercise.

Thanks for all of the motivation in this thread!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    finished L1D2 today, definitely worked up a sweat, glad it's over! Does anyone else get annoyed when jillian calls the other girls "buddy"? I can't stand it, i just want to smack her everytime she says it, I don't know why!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So is this DVD available at, like, CVS? Or do I need to actually trek to a store? Obviously, I can order online but I'm not that patient.

It's 10 dollars at Wal-mart and 10.49 at Best Buy.

I got it for $7.50 at TARGET.com!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    I've been doing level 2 and am too scared to move to level 3! LOL! Today I did levels 1 and 2 back to back... what a great workout! They are still so hard for me. I'm not sure when I'll be "ready" for level 3... Good luck everyone!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    finished L1D2 today, definitely worked up a sweat, glad it's over! Does anyone else get annoyed when jillian calls the other girls "buddy"? I can't stand it, i just want to smack her everytime she says it, I don't know why!

I do too! LOL!
  • Dimples99
    Dimples99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well today was L2D2 and it seemed like it was so much harder than yesterday. My legs feel so heavy. I've done the DVD everyday since I started and I weighed myself yesterday and I haven't lost any weight so far. That was very discouraging. Is this just me or is anyone else out there running into the same thing. I'm not going to quit though, I'm going to complete the workout. My diet may have something to do with this.
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did before and after pics, and while they are terribly embarrassing, I thought I would share here in case it motivates someone else to keep going. I shared my measurements already, lost 10 lbs and 6 inches and really my whole body just feels so much tighter. These were taken after working out, no shower or makeup. So hopefully I dont scare anyone! ;) I am thrilled with the results, and with only 25 minutes a day!! I am so happy I stuck with it. Over the course of the 30 days, I felt stronger but I really didn't "see" the difference in myself until I looked at these pictures! So please don't stop!! Keep up the hard work because it does pay off!
    Before
    IMAG0231.jpg
    After
    IMAG0338.jpg
    Before
    IMAG0233.jpg
    After
    IMAG0336.jpg
    And one to show off my plank work :)
    IMAG0339.jpg
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I do too! LOL!
    :laugh: It bothers me if my friends call me Buddy. It sounds fake.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders! Today I took a break from D2 L2... My back was too sore from D1 L2 to do it again today. I'm thinking to do L1 and then only what I CAN do of L2 for the next 9 days, but I still haven't made up my mind. I really want to get through the whole thing! Today, I felt the muscles in my shoulders FOR THE FIRST TIME!! (My shoulders are very slight, so it's awesome to feel progress there!)
    I did before and after pics, and while they are terribly embarrassing, I thought I would share here in case it motivates someone else to keep going. I shared my measurements already, lost 10 lbs and 6 inches and really my whole body just feels so much tighter. These were taken after working out, no shower or makeup. So hopefully I dont scare anyone! ;) I am thrilled with the results, and with only 25 minutes a day!! I am so happy I stuck with it. Over the course of the 30 days, I felt stronger but I really didn't "see" the difference in myself until I looked at these pictures! So please don't stop!! Keep up the hard work because it does pay off!
    AMAZING!! :love: Thank you! :flowerforyou: That might just keep me going!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Before
    IMAG0231.jpg
    After
    IMAG0338.jpg
    Before
    IMAG0233.jpg
    After
    IMAG0336.jpg
    And one to show off my plank work :)
    IMAG0339.jpg

You look fabulous girl! great work! This is definitely motivation for me! I know that in the 9 days I have done it I can see a difference. I think I need to take some photos!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    L2 D2 was hard!! Its the planks that kill me because my shoulders are already tired. I'm sure it will get easier just like L1 did for me. I love to see others progress while doing this. Until tomorrow
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    L2 D1
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did it because I was getting tired of level 1 and it was getting easy. I am so exhausted and it was SO HARD for me! I have NO back muscles and my core is weak since I had a C-section 1 year ago (haven't worked out much since). Level 2 was so hard for me but I really LOVE the moves. I think I may stay here a while, not sure if it will ever get easy for me, but I hope so! Man-Oh-Man I will be so tired and sore tomorrow. I wasn't sore on level 1 the last couple days, but I will be now!

Also, I hate the fact that she mentions AGAIN that we work out the small muscles with the big muscles to burn more calories.
    OK, Jillian...we got it the first 4 times you told us in level 1...

Can you tell I feel a little hostile tonight after that workout. =/
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I do too! LOL!
    Every freakin time I want to scream...sometimes I cuss at the screen! =)
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level 2 and am too scared to move to level 3! LOL! Today I did levels 1 and 2 back to back... what a great workout! They are still so hard for me. I'm not sure when I'll be "ready" for level 3... Good luck everyone!

I was there last Monday---scared to start level 3. IT'S FINE!! You will do great---it's hard but actually I find it less horrible than level 2 (I hadn't mastered that either but did 10 days and was ready for something different).

This has more jumping but less of the painful strength arm exercises. Will be doing L3 day 6 today!!

Good luck!
  • nellyp0oh
    nellyp0oh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After a few days, you'll be less sore. If you can't do a full push up, don't! I can't, either. :wink:

Thanks Steph, thats what keeps me moving forward. Eventually my body will catch on to the new "me" and cooperate!!
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    Welcome! I was definitely sore DURING and immediately after my first workout. You're pushing muscles you haven't pushed before so I think it is normal. You will be sore for a while. Just a fair warning. But it WILL get better. I'm only on Level 1, Day 5 (completed Day 4, doing day 5 tonight) and I haven't been sore at all since completing day 4. be sure you drink enough water, maybe eat a banana if you're feeling sore, and be sure to get your protein because that's what repairs your muscles after a workout.

Also, you don't have to do the dvd daily. Listen to your body. There's no pressure to finish in 30 days. Go at your own pace. As for the pushups, get yourself into position for them and either just bend your arms a fraction of an inch, or just stay in that position and keep them straight. Eventually you'll get down into a full push-up (at least I assume, I barely bend my arms, but I bend them a little and I'm bending more and more each day I do this video). Don't get discouraged!

I'm glad you mentioned that you barely bend your arms in the beginning, because thats what I'm doing now. I thought I was pitiful and the only one that does that. It's good to know that I'm not in this alone. THX!!
  • nellyp0oh
    Options
    L1D5 completed, whew! I'm struggling with push-ups, and jump rope-part way through I have to stop for a second and grab my calves/thighs, lol! I don't mind Jillian (yet!) but have you noticed, when you are doing the punches, you can kind of "aim" at her on the screen? :) I was soo sore the first few days, in my thighs-coming down stairs-eesh! But that has gotten better. I pulled a neck muscle a few weeks ago, lifting 8 lb weights with P90X (I have decided to put that on hold for a few months, and get through 30DS a couple of times) went to the chiropractor once, seemed better, but its acting up again. I still managed to get through 30DS, so I'm hoping with more working out, I can get that muscle stronger, and it won't bother me...

Keep up the great work ladies, everyone is so inspiring!

YES!!! Going down the steps hurts more than coming up!! What's worse is when I'm at work and have to use the bathroom (I dont sit on public toilets) and I have to squat.....AHHHHHHHHHH......PAIN PAIN PAIN!!! This is when I wish I was a guy and could twinkle standing up!!! Even when I'm home and I'm trying to get up from the couch, chair, toilet, it is a exercise in itself!!!