Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Tonight was D7L1, yippee! Sorry, but I gotta say (SPOILER ALERT).... I love it when Jillian says "I could always use a good chest fly in my life!" Ha ha ha ha ha!

I really didn't expect to be ready for Level 2 after just 10 days at Level 1, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead and advance after 10 days of Level 1! I'm really surprised at how much I'm advancing each day - for those of you that haven't started yet, it's kinda shocking, but IF AT ALL POSSIBLE do this workout EVERY DAY! PUSH THROUGH when Jillian tells you to, you'll be soooooo glad you did!

And if you're thinking that maybe I started out in good shape - WRONG! At 5'3", 50 years old, and 202 lbs when I started, well, I'm a great example of the "beginner" they talk about on the tape! So here's my message - IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, SO JUST DO IT! :-)))

Love this thread, thank you for starting it!

Ice

I think people should be advancing no matter what after 10 days. It is supposed to be hard, that is what gets the heart rate up, if we are masters at level 1, level 2 may start off too easy.

just saying!

also, do you guys do any other exercises?
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4! Still at Level 1. Its going to be awhile before I can progress to level 2. lol The Cardio is still extemely hard for me! ack!

Don't worry maeghanalyson - that's EXACTLY how I felt... now I'm on level 3. I feel so much stronger and can do the jumping jacks no problem! You will get there!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    D11L2.....ALMOST DIED!

I could keep up with Natalie on almost everything in L1 except the pushups (I could do one round of regular push ups and the girlie push ups the next round). One thing I appreciate ab L2 is the push ups aren't so bad, but that plank work and jumping in and out of them and ESPECIALLY the double jump ropes are a killer! And don't let me get started on the squat where ur arms lift the weights into a diamond! Whew!

Hahaha! I totally here you janaegriffin87 . There were days I felt like I was gonna die - especially in level 2. I almost always follow Anita. I'm not such a bad *kitten* like Nat. :laugh: You go girl!!!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I completed D3L1 and am loving it. I bike for 30 minutes as well. I like how she keeps you moving. Just wish I could do a full pushup.....one of these days it will happen!
  • jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    D3L1... already can tell a difference in my endurance and strength! Still nowhere near ready to head up to L2 but I'll get there! I loved Jillian's chest fly comment, too :) Good luck everyone, and keep up the good work!
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Really needing motivation right now. I am coming out of my second Unrelated injury since starting and it has been 3 days since I started level 2 and I am honestly not looking forward to it right now because I know how hard it is. I am being so lazy right now! But I know I need it!!!
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Really needing motivation right now. I am coming out of my second Unrelated injury since starting and it has been 3 days since I started level 2 and I am honestly not looking forward to it right now because I know how hard it is. I am being so lazy right now! But I know I need it!!!

You CAN DO IT! Just go plush play! It will be over before you know it!! I did day 36 today!! It was about midway through level 2 (so day 15-20) that I started having some of these feelings. I wanted to cry I so badly didnt want to do it. But, I pushed through, and you know what? Those days that I didn't want to do it the most, were the days I found I worked the hardest!! Now go push play!
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today was day 36 for me! (am I still allowed to post here??) ;) I did level three and rocked it! Its my fav level! For those worried about advancing JUST DO IT!! You will feel off the first few times as you are learning the new moves, but then you get strong and before you know it you will be rockin that level too!! Just keep moving forward! I did level 1 on day 32 and heck that one still kicked my butt!
  • parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did the 30 day shred earlier last year and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results, hope they give you some motivation!

Weight at start of shred ....154....weight at end of shred 147... 7 pounds lost first time round and 11 pounds second time round
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred was...23.5 first time round and 9.5 second time round

I did the shred again for the second time and it didn't get any easier but I tried to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I lost another 11 pounds..... started at 147 pounds and finished at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches so I think it was great!!!

since then i have reached my goal weight of 119 pounds in early August and have managed to stay at 119 pounds or very near to 119 pounds

Good luck to you all with your shredding !!!

Holy moley! Totally inspiring. My measurements are very similar to your starting ones right now and I just finished day three of the dvd. Thank you for posting!
  • lel2259
    lel2259 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I have that DVD! Its hard but thanks for motivating me!!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just completed level 2 day 3. Right now I'm able to keep up with Anita and edging towards Natalie. I'm also doing the C25k and am on Week 4 day 2 there. Going to do one round of 30 day Shred and then doing p90X.
  • maeghanalyson
    Options
    I'm on Day 4! Still at Level 1. Its going to be awhile before I can progress to level 2. lol The Cardio is still extemely hard for me! ack!

Don't worry maeghanalyson - that's EXACTLY how I felt... now I'm on level 3. I feel so much stronger and can do the jumping jacks no problem! You will get there!

THanks! I need to invest in a new bra before I attempt any more jumping jacks. lol Anyone else have the to much boob issue?
  • kristinwalker
    Options
    Ok so I just did L2D2 and it was easier than last time but still really, really, really kicked my butt.
    I was able to do everything with one exception...the plank jacks. I really struggle even holding a plank at all let alone moving my feet without looking like a stink bug ready to attack.
    I did stink bug the final plank twist ab workout, but I did it today. Last time I couldn't do them I just held a plank since that was tough enough.
    I had to take a couple of breathers...twice during the squat thrusts (which always reminds me of "Blades of Glory"...=) and once during the chair squat v-lift thingies. Which I was able to do with weight in my left hand. YAY..shoulder injury getting better and so is my neck. Hopefully this will be what I need to get over that little mountain of set backs!
    Well, it feels great to be back but we will see what happens tomorrow. It is 12am and I think I need to change my workout times. Good night MFP friends!
    Keep it up y'all!
  • kristinwalker
    Options
    THanks! I need to invest in a new bra before I attempt any more jumping jacks. lol Anyone else have the to much boob issue?

LOL kinda, but since I finished level 1 mine aren't as bad...I do have the too much belly issue now! It is no fun when your belly bounces more than your boobs ... and that is me! =/
  • kristinwalker
    Options
    You CAN DO IT! Just go plush play! It will be over before you know it!! I did day 36 today!! It was about midway through level 2 (so day 15-20) that I started having some of these feelings. I wanted to cry I so badly didnt want to do it. But, I pushed through, and you know what? Those days that I didn't want to do it the most, were the days I found I worked the hardest!! Now go push play!

Thanks so much...I did and I am glad I did...even though it is now past midnight-but heck I feel much better about myself. Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 completed for me!! I nearly didn't do it as my legs were so sore yesterday I could barely walk but I did it and now the muscles feel nice and stretched and barely hurt at all. Roll on tomorrow!!! I am looking forward to seeing some changes in my flibbly-wobbly bits!

So yesterday I did 30 day shred, half hour biking (work and home) and 1.5 hrs horse riding. LOL my legs were fine on riding until it came time to get off the horse and then I thought I was stuck as the long muscles down the front of my thighs refused to move LOL!!!

For the lady with the boob issue - yup, me too. This morning I squashed 'em into an old sports training top that's about 8 sizes too small - not ideal but it more or less kept them where they should be :)
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hey soo i have a question for everyone here.

ive been usuing this thread and was doing the 30 day shred. i got to day 9 L1 and had to stop because this past weekend was crazy, it was my daughters 1st bday party and my mom was in from NY so i just had NO TIME to work out, i didnt even count calories but i didnt go crazy with food either.

Anyway, i was gonna start up again..i think its only been 5 days since i stopped but im getting an arm tattoo tomorrow so i gotta wait until that heals a lil bit.

my question is most people who started when i did and have been using this thread should be into or done with L2. How has everyones results so far? weight/measurments?

i had 0 results on L1, but i was told most people see results after L2, so how is everyone doing?
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Good question - I'm interested in this, as I'll be extremely disappointed if I do this whole thing and don't see any changes...