30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I love reading through everyone's progress! Here are some replies and comments:
    D10L1 completed! :happy: On to Level 2 tomorrow!
    Great going!!

jrbanta... Try playing music over top of her. :wink:

neyes67... Great job today! Excellent progress!!

mislove68... Amazing with the weights! I can only go to 5 lbs on some of the moves still. :happy:

Flacachica... Way to move up in weights! Keep at it! L3! WOO! :drinker:
    So I do have one request for the folks that make the DVD's - during the "Boxing" portion, the video should be 3-D so I can actually punch Jillian in the head, lolol!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's GREAT!!
    Iceskatefanrn... I like Jillian's chatter in L2 more than L1. That, and I can't play music over her, because I'm not looking at the screen 1/2 the time. :bigsmile:
    I ordered this last week. Can't wait to get it and try it out. Do you need any equipment with it?
    Just a couple dumbbells, but I have seen people use cans of soup/stew/beans/veggies. :wink:

utahsis... I do the weight holding to ease wrist pain too. Luckily, y 5 lbs dumbbells leave enough room underneath for my hands.

nellyp0oh... Sometimes after the shred, I add 30 mins of cardio to keep the burn going a little longer.

nikkisekstal... Great job moving on. L2 is tough, but it got better for me in 3 days!

2Young4This... Wow, way to do L3 so quick!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey all ... I did day 2 of level 3. Woot Woot!! Already it's getting a tiny bit easier. :laugh:

Say, does anyone ever get sciatic nerve pain from this? Mine is acting up lately ... and can be very painful. Wondering what I should do?
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just finished D4 L2!! (14/30) :happy: It went well today, but I've decided that I'm not moving on until I can do the last strength section to the end (keep only making it 1/2 way through the final move with weights), and until I can hold the last (ab) plank move to the end!! I hope I can do it by D10 L2!!
    D2L2 for me today. Level 2 seems to be full of planks! Already seeing some definition in my arms though!
    Me too! Isn't it great!!

boobee32... I ordered mine on Amazon for $6.50 ($4.00 shipping).

WindmillSong... Take it easy until you can handle it. A proper workout using proper form, should not cause those kind of strains. I took a day off when my neck was acting up (from lifting something heavy the day before). There's no rush to get through the Shred! :flowerforyou: That being said. I had a muscle pain in my upper neck/lower head that went away after the first few days of the Shred, and I had had it for over a month, and went to a couple different doctors, who kept telling me it was a muscle in my head, and nothing else. :laugh:

Lol, thanks :) I felt like I was doing everything in proper form-now I'm wondering if I pulled on my neck during the crunches-I know you are not supposed to, but that would be where I believe I may have lost my form. I'll rest for a bit, and then get back to it :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Lol, thanks :) I felt like I was doing everything in proper form-now I'm wondering if I pulled on my neck during the crunches-I know you are not supposed to, but that would be where I believe I may have lost my form. I'll rest for a bit, and then get back to it :)
    Yeah, they can do it!! Try and focus your mind on your abs when you do crunches. Really make them work and not your neck. If you have to, you can give your abs a little poke and be sure they are tight and working hard. Maybe do some online searching on google of youtube for info or videos on proper form. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=crunches+properly&aq=f
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    I had to miss my shred workout yesterday, my sister was admitted to the hospital for burns on her arm. she is going to be ok, but I just hope I am able to get back into it. It does not take much for me to get derailed (from a plan/workout/any regimen) and I feel like this could definitely do it. I know she is going to be fine, but I still worry, and I feel like I might stop working out since I'm so worried. But I need to just keep going on, and exercise will hoepfully clear my head a little and keep my stress and worries down right? I have to work til 5, but I plan to get back to the shred after work.

Congrats to all who are staying motivated and good luck to all who are just starting!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Wow...I just finished day 9, level 3. Definitely feel stronger, esp. my stomach. I am actually finally doing a passable job at the jump squats and those jumps at the end (rock stars? I can't remember what she calls them). I find those 2 the hardest.

The calorie burn is definitely getting lower though, kind of a bummer. I started level 3 burning in the 220 range, yesterday I was down to 165. Today I bumped up to 190. So there is one little downside to getting in better shape :smile:

Tomorrow is day 10....after that I go out of town for a few days and maybe will start over when I return?? not sure. After doing this every day for a month I'm not sure I want to stop!

Good luck forging ahead today everyone!
  • tilee
    tilee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just bought this dvd last night! I saw a preview of it and I am so ready for it. Can't wait to start tonight!
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    D8,L1- have to do modified cardio thanks to my bum shin muscle, but I still worked up a sweat. Did a lot of punches with a deep squat and lots of windmills and arm circles to try and get the heart rate up, it seemd to work. Am definitely getting better at the moves and feel stronger. Still can't do all the push-ups, but I can do more today than I could at the beginning :) From everything I'm reading I'm a little bit scared of level 2,lol...only two more days until I move up:tongue: I love reading all the comments on this site and seeing everyone's progress, it's great motivation!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Today was D2, L1 my arms are so sore and I hate jumping jacks. But im stick with it.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had to miss my shred workout yesterday, my sister was admitted to the hospital for burns on her arm. she is going to be ok, but I just hope I am able to get back into it. It does not take much for me to get derailed (from a plan/workout/any regimen) and I feel like this could definitely do it. I know she is going to be fine, but I still worry, and I feel like I might stop working out since I'm so worried. But I need to just keep going on, and exercise will hoepfully clear my head a little and keep my stress and worries down right? I have to work til 5, but I plan to get back to the shred after work.

Congrats to all who are staying motivated and good luck to all who are just starting!

I hope your sister has a quick and uneventful recovery. I think you're right that the exercise will help clear your mind and decrease your stress. Even if you took one day off, don't let that setback stop you. You can start right back up again (that's what I have to do right now after taking the past 3 days off...).
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Whew! D1L2 completed! :tongue: Level 1 started out easier than I remembered, but Level 2 started out harder. All I can figure out is that I am finishing my TOM and feel a bit wiped out.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow. I've missed much conversation on here. I did L1D5 on Saturday morning. Hubs did it with me, so i had to show off. As a result, I was definitely more sore than usual, but not as sore as he was! He got cocky doing jumping jacks where he kicked his legs outward (looked more like a ragdoll to me). Served him right. He still groans when he walks up the stairs. lol.

My goal is to being Shred daily (or as daily as possible). I feel strong enough now that I can handle it in conjunction with my C25K program. We will see. I've been off from exercise all of Sunday and Monday. Tonight I plan to do Day 6 of shred and week 6 of C25K, so we'll see how I fare.

Great work everyone!
  • Erins1976
    Options
    Started today...wondering what tomorrow will bring in soreness but I'm determined to work thru the pain and continue daily. With 100 lbs to lose, it seems like a great place to start my exercise. I just hope I can learn to love exercise like so many say they have after beginning! Great thread!
  • mislove68
    Options
    Started today...wondering what tomorrow will bring in soreness but I'm determined to work thru the pain and continue daily. With 100 lbs to lose, it seems like a great place to start my exercise. I just hope I can learn to love exercise like so many say they have after beginning! Great thread!

Just dont give up. My Aunt was telling me about this study she read. If you exercise for 6 weeks it turns into a lifestyle. She laughed and said she has never made it 6 weeks without falling off the bandwagon. I am currently on my 5th week without a break. I almost didnt workout today because of a cold, but i remember what my Aunt said. So I workout out even harder today.
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    D11L2.....ALMOST DIED!

I could keep up with Natalie on almost everything in L1 except the pushups (I could do one round of regular push ups and the girlie push ups the next round). One thing I appreciate ab L2 is the push ups aren't so bad, but that plank work and jumping in and out of them and ESPECIALLY the double jump ropes are a killer! And don't let me get started on the squat where ur arms lift the weights into a diamond! Whew!
  • mom2TNT
    mom2TNT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been away for awhile due to some personal events. I am back and hoping to stay with it. I had to stop Shred for a minute but am up to D6L2. I rally hope that I can get a workout in tonight. The problem is time. I have to get it in at night and with three kids and homework and bedtime routines that can be a challenge. It is normally 10 or 11 before I can get it in. Well, I will keep you posted on tonight. Till later.....
  • maeghanalyson
    Options
    I'm on Day 4! Still at Level 1. Its going to be awhile before I can progress to level 2. lol The Cardio is still extemely hard for me! ack!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Today is D2L1 for me and MAN i thought i was getting into pretty good shape since i got to the point of being able to jog at 5.5 mph on the treadmill for about 7 minutes before needing to slow it to a walk BUT HOLY COW Jillian Michaels is killing me!!!

I got 5 pound weights when i bought the dvd cos i was like "pshhh i got this, i can do more than 3lbs!" YEA RIGHT!!! The squat and arm raises and the side lunges with the arm raises....... NO FREAKING WAY!! I have to put the weights down and just go through the motions without em.

I am gonna have to invest in some lighter weights!!

But so far i love this, i will probably move to Level 2 in about 8 days. :)

Keep it up everyone!!!
  • meadows654
    Options
    Did L1D6! Had a two day break there instead of just the normal one. (Hubby surprised me and took me out for the afternoon then out to dinner so I don't exactly feel bad about it!) Haha.

Everyone's doing awesome! Keep it up!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tonight was D7L1, yippee! Sorry, but I gotta say (SPOILER ALERT).... I love it when Jillian says "I could always use a good chest fly in my life!" Ha ha ha ha ha!

I really didn't expect to be ready for Level 2 after just 10 days at Level 1, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go ahead and advance after 10 days of Level 1! I'm really surprised at how much I'm advancing each day - for those of you that haven't started yet, it's kinda shocking, but IF AT ALL POSSIBLE do this workout EVERY DAY! PUSH THROUGH when Jillian tells you to, you'll be soooooo glad you did!

And if you're thinking that maybe I started out in good shape - WRONG! At 5'3", 50 years old, and 202 lbs when I started, well, I'm a great example of the "beginner" they talk about on the tape! So here's my message - IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, SO JUST DO IT! :-)))

Love this thread, thank you for starting it!

Ice