30 Day Shred Motivation Thread

Options

Replies

• laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today was day 34 for me, and I went with lvl 2. Man circuit 3 gets me every time! Then I went and played vball. Phew, I'm pooped!
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 today! Most of it was actually okay but man, those arm moves in strength and then moving to the plank moves is a killer. I know my arms are really gonna be feeling it tomorrow. I was more nervous than I needed to be for level 2 though, and I for sure still really love this DVD!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    When you do this what do you log it as in the exercise tracker? I will be starting L1 tomorrow (just got my DVD yesterday).

:)

Hi I know I asked this but can someone help please? Ta muchly x
    A lot of people are logging it as circuit training.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I did level 3 for the first time today. .... YOWZA! My wrists hurt from all the plank moves. I really had to follow "Anita" for the modified movements and had to stop and take quick breaks several times. I really like it except the wrist pain. I hope I can push through that. I am motivated though... I will do this!!! :laugh:
    For my wrists, I started doing the planks by holding myself up on some dumbbells, like so: http://www.oxygenmag.com/content/oxy117/training_u117a.jpg

I had to do the same thing with planks. It really got bad in lvl 3. It sucked I ended up doing alot more mortified push ups then I wanted to. Soon as I finished 30 day Shred no more pain. And now with doing her other video's still no pain.

Thanks for the tip and for the motivation!!! I'll give this a try. http://www.oxygenmag.com/content/oxy117/training_u117a.jpg

You all ROCK!! :wink:
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ordered my dvd yesterday, maybe I'll start it on March 1st if I get it by then. Hopefully I'll remember to post in this thread.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Well I did my first day of L1 today and I have to say I was knackered!!!! But hopefully it will be worth it - I am surprised at how out of breath I was and how much it made me "glow" LOL. I only thank God it's not a 40 minute workout or I'd be needing a stretcher!

I've logged it as "general circuit training" so it says I've burnt 181 calories. Does that sound about right?
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    D7,L1-I have to admit, I am getting better at this workout. It isn;t getting easier, but I am able to do more for longer. 3 more days until I move on to Level 2! I'm a little disappointed though, have only lost 1/2lb since I started. I'm doing this plus my yoga 5 times a week so I hoped that I would have lost more. I do feel a difference though, some of my clothes are looser so hopefully I am losing inches and the weight will come off soon! Happy Monday :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    D7,L1-I have to admit, I am getting better at this workout. It isn;t getting easier, but I am able to do more for longer. 3 more days until I move on to Level 2! I'm a little disappointed though, have only lost 1/2lb since I started. I'm doing this plus my yoga 5 times a week so I hoped that I would have lost more. I do feel a difference though, some of my clothes are looser so hopefully I am losing inches and the weight will come off soon! Happy Monday :smile:
    Don't feel discouraged! My weight went up and I'm about 1/2 way through! The box says you can lose up to 20 lbs. It's a lie!! :tongue: Focus on your inch loss, and how your clothes feel. You're gaining muscle, and doing great!!
    I've logged it as "general circuit training" so it says I've burnt 181 calories. Does that sound about right?
    It appears you weigh less than me, and I don't have a HRM, but I just log 250 calories for the Shred, cause I've heard it is usually between 200-300 calories burnt with it. It all depends on how hard your body is working. :smile:
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    D2L2 for me today. Level 2 seems to be full of planks! Already seeing some definition in my arms though!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Did anyone find this at CVS?? Wish I had decided to do this while I was at Walmart this weekend...dont want to drive 20 miles to get it...but ...of course....I need to buy weights too....hmmmm.....looks like I may be going back to Walmart.
    Decided to do this last night.....hoping it will give me some great results like I have seen posted in this thread.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed that I'll have to start over-I strained the same muscle in my neck, that I pulled from P90X; this time I don't know how I pulled it, unless I just didn't give it time to heal. Had to go to a different Chiropractor since mine wasn't in the office on Saturday. He said to take it easy for awhile, and it would probably take a few more adjustments, and neck strenghening exercises to get better. I'm not a chiropractor person normally-first time I had been in about 9 years, after the first strain. I didn't realize how much your neck comes into play, in day to day life, lol! Just turning to look and see what my 19 month old is getting into, is painful. :/
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Just finished D4 L2!! (14/30) :happy: It went well today, but I've decided that I'm not moving on until I can do the last strength section to the end (keep only making it 1/2 way through the final move with weights), and until I can hold the last (ab) plank move to the end!! I hope I can do it by D10 L2!!
    D2L2 for me today. Level 2 seems to be full of planks! Already seeing some definition in my arms though!
    Me too! Isn't it great!!

boobee32... I ordered mine on Amazon for $6.50 ($4.00 shipping).

WindmillSong... Take it easy until you can handle it. A proper workout using proper form, should not cause those kind of strains. I took a day off when my neck was acting up (from lifting something heavy the day before). There's no rush to get through the Shred! :flowerforyou: That being said. I had a muscle pain in my upper neck/lower head that went away after the first few days of the Shred, and I had had it for over a month, and went to a couple different doctors, who kept telling me it was a muscle in my head, and nothing else. :laugh:
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    D10L1 completed! :happy: On to Level 2 tomorrow!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    I did my 3rd day of Level 1. I hate the jumping jacks but am getting stronger with the ab work. I'm not doing it daily because I like to fit in extra cardio and resistance bands. I'll be on Level 1 for another 2 weeks only doing it 2-3 times per week. Jillian talks too much!
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm on 30 DS D14 L2 and it's a lot better than my first day at L2... yet still kicked my butt...WHEW! What a sweat!..guess it gets better each day. Decided to do my extra cardio before 30DS and it seems to work much better for me. I'm doing a 3500+ Calorie Challenge this week 2/21 -2/27 and watching my sodium and water intake closely. Hope the modifications will help my results. So far I've lost 8 pounds total since I started 30DS on Feb 8th (plus adding additional cardio each day last week)... pressing forward!
  • mislove68
    Options
    Well I am restarting 30DS today. Only a few days a week and doing a few other video's. Also upgrading weights to 5's and 8's.

Keep up the good work everyone. Its soooo worth it.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My co worker and I just ordered this today and as soon as it comes in we are gonna start!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My co worker and I just ordered this today and as soon as it comes in we are gonna start!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Well I did my first day of L1 today and I have to say I was knackered!!!! But hopefully it will be worth it - I am surprised at how out of breath I was and how much it made me "glow" LOL. I only thank God it's not a 40 minute workout or I'd be needing a stretcher!

I started D1 L1 today. I looked it up online and i said that level1 burns 250 calories.
  • lkiverson
    lkiverson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    DITTO...i will dust it off tonight!!! Count me in!