Greek Yogurt is sooooo yucky! What can I do to make it taste

Options

Replies

• siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ive had it with Honey and walnuts, i really liked it, but im not sure what kind it was since i had it at a café so not sure how "greek" it really was :P
  • DizzyNurse
    Options
    I'm with you! I hate the Chobani :noway: . Mainly it's the texture. I recently had the Dannon Oikos greek yogurt and it was not as bad. The texture is a little smoother but I add granola to it to give it a different texture.

Nicole
  • atheeuwen
    Options
    Try the honey vanilla greek yogurt from greek gods. I eat that all the time for breakfast with some cut up organic strawberries. It's super good!
  • SuzieQ2u6
    Options
    Hang in there, I never did like yogurt period! When I started to eat yoguart I tried all kinds. Yes Greek was hard to get use to but keep eating it will grow on you. I have tried all kinds of Greek they all taste slight different. Just think of it as a creamier soft cream cheese, or cottage cheese if you like those.:tongue:
  • GROWSWILD
    GROWSWILD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry you hate it so much. I love it! I buy the Chobani low or non fat plain. For a little extra yum I sometimes add some (no HFCS) jam or preserves. It's delish. But mostly I just eat it plain.
  • GROWSWILD
    GROWSWILD Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the plain in place of sour cream :)
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    I'm in total shock right now. I think Greek yogurt is amazing.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I HATE greek yogurt. I put it in a smoothie and that makes it yummy!
  • megansoriano
    Options
    mmm I love Chobani. I hate all of the other brands. What I do is add fruit (peach flavored I add peaches, strawberry flavored I add strawberries. . .so on). The plain Chobani I usually add a little cup of sugar free jellow mix it and let it sit for 5 min to absorb the flavor. yum yum!
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    I think it depends on the brand too. I only like Liberte and oikos. They are both creamy and delicious. If plain isn't for you there's vanilla and a variety of flavors that add sweetness. It's an amazing source of protein but like the others said if it isn't for you then it isn't. Find something that works for you like Whey Protein fat free powder. Good luch :)
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Chobani is great! what flavor did you try?
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in total shock right now. I think Greek yogurt is amazing.

Me too!

Didn't realise there were so many people that hated it! I use it in curries, instead of sour cream, for breakfast with fruit.......sometimes I even have it neat!
  • onirama
    Options
    put jam with it or honey
  • beccerab
    Options
    Pretty sure this has been said, but If you don't like it... Don't eat it. Common sense. Adding more sugar and extra's to it just kind of defeat the purpose of eating a healthy snack.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it! There's other ways to get plenty of protein, most people eat more protein than they need anyways.
  • fellowsrachel
    Options
    the ONLY greek yogurt that is good is... ZOI everything else tastes like sour cream with chalk flavor . Safeway sells it, I can never find it at Walmart, might just be my area I dunno.

Zoi greek yogurt + fresh fruit + tiny drizzle of honey + Special K vanilla almond flakes = The best parfet ever!
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Someone probably said this, but FAGE is the best greek yogurt I have ever tried. I put chia and blueberries on top. Yum!
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I buy my own store brand (Hannaford) Plain thick greek yogurt and I love it. I put blueberries and slivered almonds in it. I could never go back to yoplait or that other yucky runny stuff that masquerades as yogurt. Greek all the way for me.
  • mswonderwoman78
    Options
    I only eat Dannon Oikos in the blue containers. Some are mixed while others have fruit on the bottom. Greek yogurt may not be for you though.

Chobani and Fage...yuck!
  • ARMYDree
    Options
    I mix mine with Mio water flavoring in the pomegranate/berry. Its super fast and Delicious with little sugar and no fat. I only buy 0% plain greek yogurt. I use it as sour cream too.