Greek Yogurt is sooooo yucky! What can I do to make it taste

Options

Replies

• myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    Don't eat what you don't like.....find another source. Too any great options out there
  • ollie88bug
    Options
    Yoplait has a new yogurt out that is 100 calories that isn't bad - I don't think and I wasn't a fan of greek yogurt
  • tersiefrog
    tersiefrog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honey. That makes it better. That's how I broke myself into eating it. Now I love it any way I can get it and won't touch "American" yogurt.
  • Yani51
    Yani51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with ..."We're alllll different." If you don't like the taste, find something else. Personally, I didn't like yoghurt when I was younger but these days it tastes pretty good. I acquired the taste. One thing - if you can afford it, go to Greece and taste the real stuff. It tastes a hell of a lot better over there.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have tried several and don't like any of it. I am commenting so I can read more of these ideas later. I'm planning to try some plain greek yogurt with peanut butter and sugar free jelly this weekend.
  • jet221
    Options
    Add 1tbsp of pumpkin butter (i use trader joes) to 1 cup of greek yogurt. Sooo good. taste like pumpkin dessert...top with your favorite fruit
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is an acquired taste. It took me 2 weeks of forcing myself to eat it to finally start to like it. Chobani is great. Even the plain is good in smoothies with a little vanilla soy milk and fruit. The blueberry on the bottom is my favorite though.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    i think greek yogurt rocks! i eat Fage 0 or 2% plain almost daily. yum! i usually add stevia drops, chopped almonds and berries.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it.....pretty simple.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it,don't eat it.
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    okay first i will start off by saying im from the UK and i like greek yogurt but if you really don't like it i have two tips for you.

1. make tzatziki! cut up cucumber into small chunks and add it in with chopped garlic and mint and salt and pepper. This is one of my fave things ever! (oh, and it goes great with lamb, if you like that!)
    2. if you can't find a way that you like it, don't bother, theres nothing worse than eating stuff you don't like!
  • prismperfect
    prismperfect Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't like Chobani at all, the flavors are way too sour for me. Try Fage, their strawberry tastes like strawberry ice cream..soooo good, no kidding.

Yoplait greek & Oikos are also good. I made the mistake of trying Chobani first and that ruined me on all greek yogurt until I tried Fage!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I mix in some strawberry jam! Yummy :)
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You chose the wrong one to try!

Fage flavored yogurts are tasty.

I eat a lot Fage 0% plain. I stir it into cut up fruit, I use it in place of sour cream, I thin it with spicy salsa and use it as a dressing for some things.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try the new Yoplait greek yogurt. I like it better than any of the other ones. I can also eat the Dannon Oikos plain than add my own fruit in it.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I get the plain, non-fat Chobani and add 1 tsp Truvia and 1 Tbsp of my favorite jam. It does add some sugar, but it also tastes great!
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you think Chobani isn't sweet enough, you're probably used to eating a lot of sugar. (EX. La Yogurt Low fat has 19grams of sugar per 6oz) The only Greek yogurt I haven't found sweet enough is plain non-fat which has a slight sour taste but it's alright with fruit. You could go the savory route and use it as a substitute for sour cream like on a baked potato.
    My favorite is Honey Vanilla Yoplait (even though it has a lot of sugar). Once I put hazenut coffee creamer in it- so goooood.
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree that chobani is yucky! try Oikos or yoplait's greek. Chobani is not as creamy and is a lot thicker than others. Like you, I tried chobani first. Blech! Lots of people told me to try other kinds of greek and I did. I LOVE OIKOS! smooth, creamy, and tasty!!!!!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Chobani sucks! I use Trader Joe's greek yogurt- my fave flavors are 1) honey 2) pomegranate
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    omg!! Greek Yogurt taste so good!! well I add frozen blueberries,add whip cream just a little lol....:wink::wink: