Greek Yogurt is sooooo yucky! What can I do to make it taste

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Wenzday7777
    Options
    try a little whip topping mixed in it that helps sweeten and fluff it up a bit
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    Fage' all the way...in most anything sour cream, butter...
    Mixed with coolwhip free...it almost has the taste of cream cheese fruit dip...
    My all time almost everyday snack...
    1/2 cup greek yogurt...4 tablespoons cool whip free...1/8 package of jello lemon pudding mix...
    Taste just like lemon pie...oooohhhh it's so good....
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    Greek God Honey Flavored only! Regular yogurt is to watery and any type of yogurt with fruit on the bottom is way mushy and horrible tasting. I add my own fruit and honey if its plain Greek Yogurt.
  • queueplay
    Options
    My housemate has an account at Restaurant Depot, and gets the plain, full-fat, Greek yogurt from there. Exactly the texture of sour cream, without the sweet-sour flavor. I like it much better than the american-brands like Dannon masquerading under a faux greek-ish name (oikos), or other sweet-tooth brands like yoplait.

Just about nightly - one cup of yogurt, one tablespoon of fruit preserves. Something excellent, like Sarabeth, with just enough real sugar and no chemicals. No HFCS, cause my body doesn't like it. I stroke the spoon across the top and lick it off, savoring texture and complex flavors. Last night was orange marmalade from Seville oranges - so barely sweet, it blended more with the flavor of the yogurt and the fruit pieces were al dente.

Tzatziki is another way - in the service of garlic and dill, carrying them along without intruding, around a lamb / beef mixture meatloaf, my sister in law's first attempt at homemade gyros... sublime intensity of raw garlic on the tongue with the meat being the plain flavor to mediate..

Um. Yeah. What was I talking about?
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My 2 favorites are Greek God Honey Vanilla and Trader Joe's Honey. Both are soooo good. Trader Joe's has 0% fat and regular. I prefer the texture of the regular.
  • 321poppi
    Options
    I am right there with you - blueberries / strawberries /raspberries and a little honey!