Palelo Support Group?

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Whatever inspires you or gets your blood pumping. Mine tends to be angry music when I sprint, inspirational the last mile, and upbeat the rest of the time. Wish there was a way to copy/paste playlists straight from iTunes

I really wish there was too, that would be so helpful! Thank you :smile:

Oh, wait, looks like there is! Here ya go (my playlist):

ABC 2:58 Jackson 5 Jackson 5: The Ultimate Collection R&B/Soul 5
    Animal 3:32 Neon Trees Animal - Single Alternative 4
    Are You Gonna Be My Girl 3:37 JET Get Born Rock 4
    Be OK 2:28 Ingrid Michaelson Be OK Pop 2
    Breathe 3:50 Ryan Star Breathe - Single Pop 5
    Bring Me to Life 3:56 Evanescence Fallen Rock 3
    The Climb 3:56 Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana: The Movie (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Soundtrack 2
    Dare You to Move 4:01 Vitamin String Quartet The String Quartet Tribute to Switchfoot Alternative 4
    Dirty Little Secret 3:14 The All-American Rejects Move Along Alternative 15
    Firework 3:48 Katy Perry Teenage Dream (Deluxe Edition) Pop 5
    Get Happy 2:57 Bowling for Soup A Hangover You Don't Deserve Pop 4
    Go-Getter Greg 3:11 Ludo You're Awful, I Love You (Bonus Track Version) Alternative 6
    Hands Down 3:07 Dashboard Confessional A Mark, a Mission, a Brand, a Scar Rock 7
    Harder to Breathe 2:54 Maroon 5 Songs About Jane Rock 4
    Honestly 3:27 Cartel Chroma Alternative 8
    Hot N Cold 3:40 Katy Perry One of the Boys Pop 4
    I'm Waiting 3:34 The All-American Rejects Move Along Alternative 7
    I Could Get Used to This 3:28 Everlife Radio Disney Jams, Vol. 9 (Audio Version) Disney 4
    I Gotta Feeling 4:49 The Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies) Pop 6
    I Get Around 2:15 The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer - The Very Best of the Beach Boys Pop 6
    I Melt With You 4:01 Bowling for Soup Bowling for Soup Goes to the Movies [Deluxe Version] Rock 20 4
    I Want You Back 3:00 Jackson 5 Jackson 5: The Ultimate Collection R&B/Soul 60 5
    I Write Sins Not Tragedies 3:06 Panic! At the Disco A Fever You Can't Sweat Out Alternative 1
    Indestructible 4:38 Disturbed Indestructible Rock 1
    Jai Ho 5:19 A.R. Rahman, Sukhvinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Mahalaxmi Iyer & Vijay Prakash Slumdog Millionaire (Music from the Motion Picture) Soundtrack 4
    Keep Holding On 4:00 Avril Lavigne The Best Damn Thing Pop 3
    The Kill 3:52 30 Seconds to Mars A Beautiful Lie Alternative 2
    Kings and Queens 5:48 30 Seconds to Mars This Is War Alternative 4
    Knights of Cydonia 5:44 Vitamin String Quartet Vitamin String Quartet: The Tribute to Guitar Hero Rock 2
    Louie Louie 2:45 The Kingsmen The Best of the Kingsmen Rock 3
    Love Me Dead 4:20 Ludo You're Awful, I Love You (Bonus Track Version) Alternative 10
    Lucky 3:00 Hoobastank The Reason Alternative 3
    New Day 3:07 Tamar Kaprelian New Day - Single Pop 3
    Paper Planes 3:24 M.I.A. Slumdog Millionaire (Music from the Motion Picture) Soundtrack 3
    Paralyzer 3:28 Finger Eleven Them vs. You vs. Me Alternative 1
    Reflection 3:43 Everlife Disneymania 5 Disney 2
    Rise Up 4:32 Diane Birch Bible Belt Pop
    Runaway 2:49 Cartel Chroma Alternative 3
    Same Direction 3:15 Hoobastank The Reason Alternative 5
    Satisfy 3:22 Vedera Satisfy - Single of the Week Rock 2
    Short Skirt/Long Jacket 3:24 Cake Comfort Eagle Rock 2
    Shut Up 3:03 Simple Plan Still Not Gettin' Any Pop 4
    Shut-Up and Smile 4:03 Bowling for Soup A Hangover You Don't Deserve Pop 3
    So Obvious 3:47 Runner Runner So Obvious - Single Pop 4
    Someday 4:08 Rob Thomas Cradlesong (Bonus Track Version) Pop 4
    Something Beautiful 3:41 Needtobreathe The Outsiders (Deluxe Version) Alternative 3
    Something Beautiful 3:51 Newsboys Go Christian & Gospel 2
    Sugar, We're Goin Down 3:49 Fall Out Boy From Under the Cork Tree Alternative 3
    Telephone (feat. Beyoncé) 3:41 Lady GaGa The Fame Monster Pop 4
    Through the Fire and Flames 7:23 Vitamin String Quartet Vitamin String Quartet: The Tribute to Guitar Hero Rock 3
    To the Sky 3:39 Owl City Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Soundtrack 7
    Unholy Confessions 4:45 Vitamin String Quartet Strung Out On Avenged Sevenfold - The String Quartet Tribute Rock 3
    Uprising 5:05 Muse The Resistance Alternative 2
    Vindicated 3:21 Dashboard Confessional Dusk and Summer Alternative 8
    Walk On the Water 3:48 Britt Nicole Premiere Performance Plus: Walk On The Water - EP Christian & Gospel 3
    What I Like About You 3:08 Everlife Everlife Pop 5
    Wipe Out 2:13 The Surfaris The Sunshine Collection Rock 5
    Wooly Bully 2:20 Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Sam the Sham & The Pharaohs Rock 4
    Your Moment (from the Biggest Loser) 4:01 Mark Holman Your Moment (from the Biggest Loser) - Single Rock 4
    1985 3:13 Bowling for Soup A Hangover You Don't Deserve Pop 4
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I’m a little too honest. There is this topic, a person post a thread saying basically woe is me, I don’t like to exercise, chicken and salad is boring, I can’t find time, I’m busy, busy, busy. Bla, bla, bla. So me being me, wrote that they need to stop making excuses and get with the program. Well this offended them, and they said they didn’t come on here to be criticized. Oh and they had been “real good” but have only lost 11 pounds in a year’s worth of dieting. Others offered her support, the typical, I hear ya, you can do it. 11 pounds is really good,,,,,,, really 11 pounds in a year? Anyhow, maybe I should just stay away from those kinds of threads, but hey, if I don’t tell them the truth who will?
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    They'll just fail over and over freerange until they make the effort to change.

Anyone contemplate the amount of fat they would have to eat at maintenance calories??? Holy smokes, glad I looked because that will take some time to get right in my head and I could only have 8-10 weeks before I'm back on maintenance. 65% calories from fat for a total of 160grams per day if I keep carbs around 100g/day. Protein would be around 100g/day.
  • freerange
    Options
    They'll just fail over and over freerange until they make the effort to change.

Anyone contemplate the amount of fat they would have to eat at maintenance calories??? Holy smokes, glad I looked because that will take some time to get right in my head and I could only have 8-10 weeks before I'm back on maintenance. 65% calories from fat for a total of 160grams per day if I keep carbs around 100g/day. Protein would be around 100g/day.

I know it's going to be harder maintaining then losing, I eat all I really want now and don't even come close to my "alloted" calories for the day.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Heard about this and would really like to get started any suggestion. Any advice would be good. Where do I even begin. Is anyone doping cross- fit with it? Any advice on work out of the day for beginners?
    How is diet working out for everone andy feedback would be great. Also new to this site and would be great to have that support group.

Marks Daily Apple like freerange suggested is a great place to start. I'm doing crossfit, and I know there are several others on this thread doing it as well - that's how I found Paleo / Primal to begin with! I just jumped in - I found it was easeir to go cold turkey with the processed foods, sugar, and carbs - it was a struggle for a week or so, but now it's a breeze. No problems eating out in restaurants for the most part either. I've lost over 40 lbs. total since going Primal back in November, so I'd say it's working great for me!

WOD for beginners - check out Brand X - they have scaling for all the WODs posted on the Main Page at crossfit.com.

http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index.php/forums/viewforum/16/
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I’m a little too honest. There is this topic, a person post a thread saying basically woe is me, I don’t like to exercise, chicken and salad is boring, I can’t find time, I’m busy, busy, busy. Bla, bla, bla. So me being me, wrote that they need to stop making excuses and get with the program. Well this offended them, and they said they didn’t come on here to be criticized. Oh and they had been “real good” but have only lost 11 pounds in a year’s worth of dieting. Others offered her support, the typical, I hear ya, you can do it. 11 pounds is really good,,,,,,, really 11 pounds in a year? Anyhow, maybe I should just stay away from those kinds of threads, but hey, if I don’t tell them the truth who will?

I think a wake-up call is good for some, but others just don't want to hear it - they want sympathy, not suggestions. 11 lbs in a year, assuming you have a good deal more than 11 lbs. to lose, means you just aren't trying very hard, or you don't want it enough. I get it - I've been there. If I could bottle and sell whatever it is that made it "click" for me this time, I'd be very very rich.

When the desire to look and feel better is greater than the desire to eat crap food and watch TV instead of working out, they'll get the results they're looking for.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :laugh: :bigsmile:

I am about one foot out the door from being banned from the forums for good for being too honest.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Grokette, did you get my e-mail address for the cook book? It might of went to my junk mail and got deleted, if you have already sent it, could you please send again.

Me too? Please and thank you :bigsmile:

Send me messages on MFP with your email address..........so I can email it to you!!!

Just sent! Please and thank you! :bigsmile:

I still don't have any messages from you guys...........
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    pyro, your math makes my head hurt (no offense dude, math makes my head hurt, period, LOL). Check out www.dailyburn.com
    I log my food there b/c it's more visual and gives you a pretty accurate pie graph of carbs, fat, and protein.
  • freerange
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, here ttrammell2002@hotmail.com
  • Grokette
    Options
    I made this today and it was absolutely DEVINE!!!!!

Chocolate, chili powder and cinnamon give this slowly cooked pork a distinctively rich and smoky flavor. Put the ingredients together in the morning, and you'll come home to irresistibly good pork to serve in warm tortillas.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups French Onion Soup - I had some made and frozen.

1/4 cup water

1/2 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 tablespoon ground chipolte pepper

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds)

2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs or powder will work (i used powder)

6 diced plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Directions:

Stir the soup, water, chili powder, chipolte, brown sugar, cumin and cinnamon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. Remove the pork to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Add the cacao to the cooker and stir until melted and well integrated. Return the pork to the cooker for another 20-30 minutes.
  • Grokette
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, here ttrammell2002@hotmail.com

Ok, I sent it to you now.
  • freerange
    Options
    I made this today and it was absolutely DEVINE!!!!!

Chocolate, chili powder and cinnamon give this slowly cooked pork a distinctively rich and smoky flavor. Put the ingredients together in the morning, and you'll come home to irresistibly good pork to serve in warm tortillas.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups French Onion Soup - I had some made and frozen.

1/4 cup water

1/2 tablespoon chili powder

1/2 tablespoon ground chipolte pepper

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 pounds)

2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs or powder will work (i used powder)

6 diced plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Directions:

Stir the soup, water, chili powder, chipolte, brown sugar, cumin and cinnamon in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is fork-tender. Remove the pork to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Add the cacao to the cooker and stir until melted and well integrated. Return the pork to the cooker for another 20-30 minutes.

That sounds awesome
  • Grokette
    Options
    I used the tortillas for my hubby. I just ate mine in a bowl and I had some chopped cabbage with Asian Ginger dressing...........I can post that recipe too if anyone wants it.
  • freerange
    Options
    I used the tortillas for my hubby. I just ate mine in a bowl and I had some chopped cabbage with Asian Ginger dressing...........I can post that recipe too if anyone wants it.

Please do
  • Grokette
    Options

Please do

1 tablespoon sweet rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    Juice from 1 fresh orange
    2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
    1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons honey
    1 teaspoon Braggs Amino Acids or Soy Sauce
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    6 tablespoons organic virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

In a glass bowl whisk all ingredients together except olive oil, salt and pepper. Add olive oil by continuing to whisk mix while pouring in at a steady stream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in sesame seeds.
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    Grokette,

That recipe with the pork shoulder in the crock pot sounds awesome! I will definitely be making that this weekend :smile:

Thanks for all the tips!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Grokette, did you get my e-mail address for the cook book? It might of went to my junk mail and got deleted, if you have already sent it, could you please send again.

Send me messages on MFP with your email address..........so I can email it to you!!!

Not sure?

It's in my sent items as unread? :ohwell:

Grokette Primal/Paleo Cookbook Wed 03/09/11 12:38 PM
  • Grokette
    Options

Not sure?

It's in my sent items as unread? :ohwell:

Grokette Primal/Paleo Cookbook Wed 03/09/11 12:38 PM

I never received a message from you..........Let me send you a message and then reply back to me. Weird things happen with this site sometimes..........
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a crazy week!! My birthday went great, but then everything went wrong! DJ got sicker so i took him to the doc, he has rsv and ear infections, and then darron(my honey) got a stomach virus and was sick for two days and then i got the same stomach virus.! today is my first day back to work. everyone is feeling a little better, but it's been crazy. i'm up a couple of pounds but nothing i didnt expect from drinking sat night plus all the eating i did ;) back on it today though. can't wait to feel good again!