Palelo Support Group?

Replies

• ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Good morning. Thanks for all the recipes you guys are posting. I'm a lousy cook, but every once in awhile I see a recipe I think I could actually make. I'm fasting today though, so no recipes for me.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Thanks MOJO those look great, Cbarber anyone can cook, just grab a recipe and follow the directions, I love to cook, so maybe that makes a difference.

Grokkette, HGC? I don't know enough about it to really comment, just seems like a short cut to me. From what I know about you so far, I sure though you have researched it and know it's good for you.
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122

When I give blood I always eat a high fat, moderate protein, low carb meal before hand and then afterwards have some fruit and protein such as apple and almond butter, banana and almond butter, grapes and cheese, apple and cheese, etc..........Stay away from the sugary Pop.

Thanks for the tip! I am eating some pork and green beans before hand, but plan to eat an apple with peanut butter after! Is nutella considered a healthy butter?? I mean it is hazelnut :happy:
  • ceebs9
    Cbarber anyone can cook, just grab a recipe and follow the directions,

You'd think it would be that easy, right?
  • AshCarlson

I think it would be haha, but I do have to admit that if you don't have the right tools or big enough kitchen it sure is a challenge! Can anyone reccomend great cooking stores, books, etc.?
  • ceebs9
    Can anyone reccomend great cooking stores, books, etc.?

Honey you're asking the wrong person! Oh I guess you weren't necessarily asking me. I don't do cookbooks, just the internet.
  • AshCarlson

Honey you're asking the wrong person! Oh I guess you weren't necessarily asking me. I don't do cookbooks, just the internet.

Haha, I do the internet too. I'm thinking about buying the Primal Blueprint cookbook, thoughts? PS- Random, but how do you feel about Nutella?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member

Haha, I do the internet too. I'm thinking about buying the Primal Blueprint cookbook, thoughts? PS- Random, but how do you feel about Nutella?

I have the PBP cookbook and I love it. I have tried quite a few recipes in it and have loved every one of them so far.

I would stay away from Nutella, i think it has added sugar. Maybe make your own with hazelnuts fresh ground, some cacao powder and some stevia or raw honey.........
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    After giving blood it's 24 hours rest before any strenuous activity. Take the day off.

Cooking stores - Penzey's for dried spices.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Thanks MOJO those look great, Cbarber anyone can cook, just grab a recipe and follow the directions, I love to cook, so maybe that makes a difference.

Grokkette, HGC? I don't know enough about it to really comment, just seems like a short cut to me. From what I know about you so far, I sure though you have researched it and know it's good for you.

It is not a short cut, but I need to get some weight off and get it off fast. My doctor put me on it last year (she is a naturopathic doctor) and yes I thoroughly researched before hand too.

I need to lose weight fast because of a medical issue that I won't discuss online. Could be a big deal or not a big deal...........don't know yet........So I am combining plans to get quick results right now.

Last year I did the HCG plan for getting hormones back in balance and it worked wonderfully and I lost 38 pounds in the process. :)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Good Morning yall!

yes, i'm country! i did tell yall i was from alabama right? lol. so today is weigh in for our biggest loser competition at work, guess who is in first place?? me!!! I'm so excited, it's my first week to come in first. i lost 3 lbs this week. not the five i've lost for the past two weeks, but i'll take 3! i knew it would taper off eventually. what sucks is that i wonder how bad it will be after a weekend of birthday celebrations?? i was 202 on my home scale, and my goal was to be under 200 by tomorrow. i will be so sad if i'm not!! any tips on losing 2 lbs in one day!!! lol, i know it can't really be done, but maybe if i drink enough water? exercise? take a really carb day? i know it's dumb and i'm close enough, but i really want to see 199 tomorrow!!!

anyways....thanks for the recipes!!!

off to work!
  • AshCarlson
    After giving blood it's 24 hours rest before any strenuous activity. Take the day off.

Thanks Pyro! I'm giving blood around 1pm today, you think its too soon to run tomorrow am around 5? I am training to do a 10k and really don't want to take the time off! I will have to look up Penzey's, thanks!
  • freerange

I think it would be haha, but I do have to admit that if you don't have the right tools or big enough kitchen it sure is a challenge! Can anyone reccomend great cooking stores, books, etc.?

Food net work (TV)
    Better homes and gardens cook books, for general cooking, I haven't bought the PB cook book yet so I don't know about that one. I buy a lot of cook books at garage sales, :) I must have 50
  • freerange

It is not a short cut, but I need to get some weight off and get it off fast. My doctor put me on it last year (she is a naturopathic doctor) and yes I thoroughly researched before hand too.

I need to lose weight fast because of a medical issue that I won't discuss online. Could be a big deal or not a big deal...........don't know yet........So I am combining plans to get quick results right now.

Last year I did the HCG plan for getting hormones back in balance and it worked wonderfully and I lost 38 pounds in the process. :)

Good luck, hope everything turns out ok.
  • AshCarlson

I have the PBP cookbook and I love it. I have tried quite a few recipes in it and have loved every one of them so far.

I would stay away from Nutella, i think it has added sugar. Maybe make your own with hazelnuts fresh ground, some cacao powder and some stevia or raw honey.........

Thanks Grokette! I will definitely be purchasing the PBP cookbook :) Look at this wonderful recipe! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/double-pork-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

I have been staying away from Nutella, but it is so good! haha I know its not Paleo, but for breakfast I've been eating a slice of 12 grain with a small amount of peanut butter!
  • freerange
    Good Morning yall!

yes, i'm country! i did tell yall i was from alabama right? lol. so today is weigh in for our biggest loser competition at work, guess who is in first place?? me!!! I'm so excited, it's my first week to come in first. i lost 3 lbs this week. not the five i've lost for the past two weeks, but i'll take 3! i knew it would taper off eventually. what sucks is that i wonder how bad it will be after a weekend of birthday celebrations?? i was 202 on my home scale, and my goal was to be under 200 by tomorrow. i will be so sad if i'm not!! any tips on losing 2 lbs in one day!!! lol, i know it can't really be done, but maybe if i drink enough water? exercise? take a really carb day? i know it's dumb and i'm close enough, but i really want to see 199 tomorrow!!!

off to work!

Congratulations, you loser :) as for 2 in one day, make sure you are in ketosies (sp?) and make sure you get plenty of water.
  • freerange
    Breakfast today;

2 poached eggs, 2 sausage patties, topped with hollandaise sauce
  • pyro13g
    Good Morning yall!

off to work!

Very low Carbs/Fiber, a Laxative, low sodium, and minimal water or even use a diuretic(Midol??) Phantom weight, but if you really want to get there, that should be good for an easy couple(probably much more) pounds. I wouldn't do it though 'cuz you'll then see a big jump upwards on the scale when back to normal, also phantom weight, but hard on the mental aspect of things. Stressing over that number may be slowing your progress a little. If you just weighed in, there is really nothing good about weighing in again before your next scheduled weigh in.
  • pyro13g

Thanks Pyro! I'm giving blood around 1pm today, you think its too soon to run tomorrow am around 5? I am training to do a 10k and really don't want to take the time off! I will have to look up Penzey's, thanks!

You might be able to squeak by but what if you pass out on your run. PB Law #9 - Avoid Stupid Mistakes

Nutella :
    ingredients: :noway: sugar:noway: , palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin: an artificial flavor.
  • AshCarlson

You might be able to squeak by but what if you pass out on your run. PB Law #9 - Avoid Stupid Mistakes

Nutella :
    ingredients: :noway: sugar:noway: , palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy), vanillin: an artificial flavor.

HAHA okay Pyro, touche. I know, nutella=bad. I just am going to a B&B tomorrow evening with my husband and would just love to get my run in the morning. Hmm, maybe I'll have a big ol' steak for dinner, pump up my iron so that I don't pass out and break PB Law #9 :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.