Palelo Support Group?

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I need to find a good butcher to get gizzards, I haven't had those in yeeeaaarrs!

Tonight is just simple baked chicken thighs and spinach sauteed with bacon and garlic.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's spring... and any excuse to whip out the egg nog is a good one! What better than St. Paddy's & Easter? Here is my Primal/Paleo recipe for SUPER NOG!

1 half pint heavy whipping cream
    6 eggs
    Vanilla
    Nutmeg

Separate eggs from whites. Whip whites, set aside. Whip cream until thick, then mix in eggs and spices. Fold in whites. Drink! Enjoy

1280 cals, 25g protein, 7g carb, 116g fat (64 saturated)

This is a quick, fast way to get your protein & fats in. If you have it in the morning, you'll very likely not feel hungry until dinner. It's been that way for me! :)
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have whipping cream, eggs, and swiss cheese--just trying to find time to make a crustless quiche.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, all! I listened to one of my Celtic music CD's this morning to get in the mood for the day. Sure wish I could watch my DD Irish dance today.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    My great grandfather immigrated from Ireland. Everyday I have a reason to be in an Irish mood! ;)

today I'm wearing my "Everyone Loves an Irish Girl" t-shirt, and this morning I had on hubby's Lucky Charm cereal pajama pants.

Corned beef and potatoes are in the crock pot. I will have kraut instead of taters.

Oh and we found mint chocolate gelato at the grocery store last night that has very few ingredients. I will have a bite. I've been begging hubby for an ice cream maker for years. He hates my 5 ingredient rule, so I think he's close to breaking down & getting me one soon!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I :heart: bone marrow (and liver) :love:

Me too and chicken gizzards and hearts!!
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    :noway: just say no to offals:noway: :noway: :noway:

just me, can't do it.

Actually - a steakhouse in downtown montreal makes the most delectable sweetbreads - I ate it with gusto... until I learned what it was and projectiled in the restaurant.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    My grandma use to make liver a lot. I might have to play with it a little. Anything can be buried in a soup. Heck, I'm going to concoct a soup/broth from dried anchovy, long choy(bok choy but it midget form), and curry paste over the weekend Not sure which paste yet. Depending how strong the broth is I may turn in to a creamy soup with coconut cream/milk. Maybe a little tamarind to sour it up.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Everyone have a good weekend, :)
  • singer201
    Options
    Liver is really good when cooked properly, and really yucky when overdone. I haven't had any in a long time (family wouldn't eat it), but might have to get some.

My crustless quiche Lorraine turned out well. Cut into 8 servings, the calorie count is perfect for a breakfast dish for me, and the sodium is reasonable, even accounting for the bacon and cheese. The recipe calls for added salt, but I had made a notation to "use less", so I eliminated it altogether, and it tasted just fine.
  • pyro13g
    Options
    Pam, I just noticed the crossfit part of your sig. :laugh: :laugh: Soup experiment in progress. Holding off on curry paste need to use up some Jalapeno. Added Carrots for color. Might have to open a window. Them little anchovies are a bit stinky.
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    This is an amazing recipe! I made it for my husband and I last night :smile:

It is a little time consuming, but very, very worth it. I reccommend doubling the recipe like I did so that you can have extras to grab and go!

http://www.paleodigest.com/pd/?u=http://www.marksdailyapple.com/double-pork-stuffed-chicken-breasts/
  • pyro13g
    Options
    Paleo Survey. Found link at Marks Daily Apple.

http://naturallyengineered.com/blog/paleo-community-survey-2011/
  • freerange
    Options
    Paleo Survey. Found link at Marks Daily Apple.

http://naturallyengineered.com/blog/paleo-community-survey-2011/

Survey filled out, thanks
  • pyro13g
    Options
    Another step taken to get my head used to seeing more fat in my diet. Bumped to 50%. Carbs knocked back a bit more to 20%(the morning English muffin will have to go when I am out of them).
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dropping the oats starting today. They were good while they lasted.
  • singer201
    Options
    I've only had bread once this week, and it really makes keeping the carbs down to 100g much easier.
  • freerange
    Options
    Anyone here read Omnivores Dillema? I was reading a thread about nutrition books and this one kept coming up. So did the China study, which I know about. Just wondering if this is another hack book or something worth reading.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey Peoples..what did I miss?? I don't have time to catch up ;) maybe later! Just wanted to check in with you guys!! I'm doing good. I've messed up some, but trying to go 100% primal starting today. I haven't been on a scale since taking a break. but i will weigh in thursday, can't wait. not. gah, losing weight is so hard. at least this time it is for me. not sure what my problem is.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Just driving by to say "HI".... getting ready to take a vacation later this week so work is hell with all the "prep" for being gone.... :grumble:

Planning on making some "floopsie bread" tonight and then making sandwiches to take with us Thursday when we travel... after that it's "best judgment" as everything will be eaten out. :noway:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    The next time you are craving Oatmeal (or still strugging to give them up), try tossing 1 oz of each of almonds, macadamias, and hazelnuts in a food processor, grind them up, toss with some heavy cream, and warm it up. Serve with a little more heavy cream and cinnamon. It's delish!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The next time you are craving Oatmeal (or still strugging to give them up), try tossing 1 oz of each of almonds, macadamias, and hazelnuts in a food processor, grind them up, toss with some heavy cream, and warm it up. Serve with a little more heavy cream and cinnamon. It's delish!

That does sound good. I don't really miss oatmeal. I was adding it in as a way to wean myself off the other crap I was eating. Somehow that makes it easier for me. As of this week my only starchy carb is sweet potatoes. I may go off those for awhile starting next week.