Replies

• NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    count me in!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall, I ate breakfast this morning, and now I'm going to attempt a short fast. I'm skipping lunch and dinner. I know some people say wait til after you have done the diet a while, but i really feel like it will be short and painful and will help me get over cravings faster. last night i probably would have killed somebody for something sweet. i don't like that feeling!

any tips on fasting? i know, drink lots of water! will it hurt if i have some flavored water? i'm not trying to start out perfect, but i guess that wouldn't help the sugar cravings much. gah..

Ok this may sound stupid, but when I'm fasting and get hunger pains I just remind myself that it's just a little discomfort. Better than having a cold or the flu, right? It's really just a mental thing.

Welcome Tina.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    count me in!

Welcome Tina, feel free to ask questions, post recipes, or just talk about how your day is going.
  • freerange
    Options
    Hey Yall, I ate breakfast this morning, and now I'm going to attempt a short fast. I'm skipping lunch and dinner. I know some people say wait til after you have done the diet a while, but i really feel like it will be short and painful and will help me get over cravings faster. last night i probably would have killed somebody for something sweet. i don't like that feeling!

any tips on fasting? i know, drink lots of water! will it hurt if i have some flavored water? i'm not trying to start out perfect, but i guess that wouldn't help the sugar cravings much. gah..

Ok this may sound stupid, but when I'm fasting and get hunger pains I just remind myself that it's just a little discomfort. Better than having a cold or the flu, right? It's really just a mental thing.

Welcome Tina.

Ha, I'll call your stupid and raise you. Whenever I get hungry, I think of the story about Ricki Tiki Tavy (not sure if that’s how it’s spelled) I remember this story from grade school, Ricki was a mongoose, and he would never eat until he was full, because he had to always be light on his feet. Never knew when he might have to fight the big bad cobra.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I was trying to stay away for a few days, but I just can't do it, LOL.............

I am in for a short fast also!!! I had a filling breakfast and getting ready to go take a peeee test, LOL
  • freerange
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I was trying to stay away for a few days, but I just can't do it, LOL.............

I am in for a short fast also!!! I had a filling breakfast and getting ready to go take a peeee test, LOL

That's great,,,,,,, does this mean you found a job?
  • Grokette
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

That's great,,,,,,, does this mean you found a job?

Well, I have 3 job offers. Save A Lot, AT&T and Scott Air Force Base position.
  • ceebs9
    Options
    Good luck Cora.

On day 3 of semi-paleo and it's going well, except I've been having some annoying headaches. I think it's just the lower calories I've been having. Or it could be my work outs. Or it could be my children. Next week I cut out the oatmeal. We'll see if that makes a difference, too.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Thanks, I need to decide which one to take. I am leaning toward the one on base.
    Good luck Cora.

On day 3 of semi-paleo and it's going well, except I've been having some annoying headaches. I think it's just the lower calories I've been having. Or it could be my work outs. Or it could be my children. Next week I cut out the oatmeal. We'll see if that makes a difference, too.
  • freerange
    Options
    Happy St. Pat's day to all you Groks

May those who Love us, love us.
    And those that don’t love us
    May God turn their hearts;
    And if he doesn't Turn their hearts
    May he turn their ankles.
    So we'll know them by their limping.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Good luck!!!

Not sure what type of position with ATT.... but I work as a contractor for their major wireless competitor.... it's not exactly a "great" job. :tongue:
  • freerange
    Options
    Food for thought for the day.

The men of the Lewis and Clark expedition averaged 9 pounds of meat per day, Elk or more accurately the American Wapiti was by far the most common meat they had during their trip. The nutrition facts for elk meat (for 9 pounds) is as follows. 4680 calories, 54g of fat, and 900g or protein.

Gee I wonder how they didn’t have complete liver and kidney failure?

Notice how low the fat amount is, this was a problem for them and they would supplement their fat intake with, bear fat, beaver fat, salmon, and whale blubber. They also would eat the marrow from the bones of the animals they killed, along with the organs of the animal which would add to the fat content of their meals.
  • Grokette
    Options

Good luck!!!

Not sure what type of position with ATT.... but I work as a contractor for their major wireless competitor.... it's not exactly a "great" job. :tongue:

The job on base I will be employed with NCI Information Systems Inc and the position is an IT position, job title System Administrator. AT&T I will be contracted through Collabera and the job title is an IT position, job title Level 3 Proactive Support and the job with Save A Lot is a direct hire. It is also an IT position and the job title is System Administrator.

I am filling out the paperwork for the job on base with NCI, that is where my heart is telling me to go after lots of thinking, pondering, "sleeping on it", etc...........
  • ceebs9
    Options

The men of the Lewis and Clark expedition averaged 9 pounds of meat per day, Elk or more accurately the American Wapiti was by far the most common meat they had during their trip. The nutrition facts for elk meat (for 9 pounds) is as follows. 4680 calories, 54g of fat, and 900g or protein.

Notice how low the fat amount is, this was a problem for them and they would supplement their fat intake with, bear fat, beaver fat, salmon, and whale blubber. They also would eat the marrow from the bones of the animals they killed, along with the organs of the animal which would add to the fat content of their meals.

Barf
  • Grokette
    Options

We all know this, LOL..........................however - you will never convince CW peeps that they didn't just pick corn and wheat from a field and eat it....... :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grokette
    Options

Barf

Ha ha, I say YUMMO!!!
  • immacookie
    Options
    I :heart: bone marrow (and liver) :love:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm with cbarber. I'm not quite "there" on Offal yet. Although I have started looking at ox tail & thinking "Hmm... that might not be so bad if cooked right"
  • immacookie
    Options
    I'm with cbarber. I'm not quite "there" on Offal yet. Although I have started looking at ox tail & thinking "Hmm... that might not be so bad if cooked right"

LMAO! I bought a few lbs of oxtail at the market last weekend... having the last tiny bit for lunch today. If you cook it right it tastes just like a regular beef roast!
  • Grokette
    Options
    I :heart: bone marrow (and liver) :love:

Me too and chicken gizzards and hearts!!