Palelo Support Group?

Options

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Where are all the groks today, might yquiet in here. :)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessing about the 1.5 Sirloin steaks in my fridge. I think I'm going to have a big calorie day.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Getting serious about this again. Although I am adding a few starchy carbs for a few days while I get back on track. 1/4 cup oatmeal and 1/2 a sweet potato. Better than bread, right? I'll give this a week and then cut out at least the oatmeal. Also, I am using some whey and I may throw in some cottage cheese now and then. So more Primal, I guess. At least for now. Also, I'm making my food diary open to friends, just so I can stay accountable. Warning...my protein will be over every day. Too lazy to change the settings.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Mondays are my run day... I run to drop my kids off at my Mom's, run to crossfit, run home, run to get groceries, run to tidy up the house (after weekend mayhem) and finally run to the kids swim lessons only to run back home to make dinner.

Carol - Glad to get you back on track. today's crossfit lisbeth post was a great kick in the pants.
    http://crossfitlisbeth.com/2011/03/14/all-in/
    Also - the CrossFit open starts tomorrow and I'm so psyched for some new footage... It's going to be awesome.

Pyro - Now I'm obsessing about your sirloin too :huh: . Did you know today was Steak & BJ day? Yes, amazingly guys, it exists.
    http://www.steakandbjday.com/
    My man is getting pork and flipped off, almost the same, right?:laugh:

Hi there TIM! How goes the daily battle?
  • freerange
    Options
    Mondays are my run day... I run to drop my kids off at my Mom's, run to crossfit, run home, run to get groceries, run to tidy up the house (after weekend mayhem) and finally run to the kids swim lessons only to run back home to make dinner.

Carol - Glad to get you back on track. today's crossfit lisbeth post was a great kick in the pants.
    http://crossfitlisbeth.com/2011/03/14/all-in/
    Also - the CrossFit open starts tomorrow and I'm so psyched for some new footage... It's going to be awesome.

Pyro - Now I'm obsessing about your sirloin too :huh: . Did you know today was Steak & BJ day? Yes, amazingly guys, it exists.
    My man is getting pork and flipped off, almost the same, right?:laugh:

Hi there TIM! How goes the daily battle?

Give him a pork chop and a fan. LOL

The battle goes, got in two great hikes this weekend, 3 hours each, and at least 1000ft change in elevation, so it was a lot of up hill, good thing is if you do the up hill part first the way back to the truck is all downhill. :)
  • ceebs9
    Options
    Too funny Pam!
  • pyro13g
    Options

I may have to make a phone call to a hottie that's always lighting up my phone to the point of considering a restraining order. Just for this one day. Got the steaks, she can bring lips, I mean desert.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

I may have to make a phone call to a hottie that's always lighting up my phone to the point of considering a restraining order. Just for this one day. Got the steaks, she can bring lips, I mean desert.

Ha ha.......good one!!

Good day everyone else. We are having a family crisis. My uncle got in a motorcycle accident yesterday and is in SLU ICU paralyzed from the neck down.

Please send prayers. Thanks.
  • pyro13g
    Options
    That sucks. Praying in my way for your uncle.
  • ceebs9
    Options
    So sorry about your uncle. That's really tough. Hang in there.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

The good news is, he is not on a ventilator as of yet, however they did have to insert a feeding tube. Surgery has been scheduled for Wednesday, not Tuesday. They are hoping to alleviate the swelling and bleeding around the cervical vertebraes in the neck and hopefully he will regain feeling in his extremities.
  • freerange
    Options
    Prayers sent, hope all turns out for the best.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

The good news is, he is not on a ventilator as of yet, however they did have to insert a feeding tube. Surgery has been scheduled for Wednesday, not Tuesday. They are hoping to alleviate the swelling and bleeding around the cervical vertebraes in the neck and hopefully he will regain feeling in his extremities.

Most positive thoughts for you and your uncle...
  • pyro13g
    Options
    Has anyone read The New Evolution Diet?
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...I'm not doing so good. I've had a rough week....I can't seem to get back on track. Some obstacles have come up in my life, financial obstacles...suprises actually. So I'm just having a rough time. and ofcourse Im an emotional eater and I'm giving in to it. I have to get things back under control. I already feel like crap. I'm swollen and bloated and my sugar is dropping, I was shaking so bad last night I binged on two bowls of cereal! and then turned around and ate a chicken sandwich and hour later!! I feel like such a weak person. I have to get stronger than this.

Grokette, so sorry about your uncle, I'll be praying for him.

hello to everyone else.

anybody have any tips on how they dealt with emotional eating? how to i get my butt up and working too? i just seem to have lost my motivation.
  • freerange
    Options

No is it a book or article? And have you, if so give us a review.
  • freerange
    Options
    Hey guys...I'm not doing so good. I've had a rough week....I can't seem to get back on track. Some obstacles have come up in my life, financial obstacles...suprises actually. So I'm just having a rough time. and ofcourse Im an emotional eater and I'm giving in to it. I have to get things back under control. I already feel like crap. I'm swollen and bloated and my sugar is dropping, I was shaking so bad last night I binged on two bowls of cereal! and then turned around and ate a chicken sandwich and hour later!! I feel like such a weak person. I have to get stronger than this.

hello to everyone else.

anybody have any tips on how they dealt with emotional eating? how to i get my butt up and working too? i just seem to have lost my motivation.

Misskim, sorry to hear you are having a rough time, I so look forward to your positive contributions here, a breath of fresh air. All I know is we all go thru this from time to time, if I lived closer to you I would be glad to come over and give you a swift kick in the butt, only out of love and concern for you of course. Just buckle down, and take it one day at a time, make the decision that TODAY you will not give in, you will embrace the hunger, you will not listen to the little sugar eating pimp sitting on your shoulder, you will seek out healthy fats, and filling protein, YOU WILL OVERCOME.

“Remember no poor dumb *kitten* ever won a war by dying for his country, you win a war by making the other poor dumb *kitten* die for his country”
    Gen George Patton

Ok I’m getting carried away with the motivation speech. :smile:
  • Grokette
    Options

No, not yet. I have it purchased and ready to read on my Kindle. I have also Why we get Fat and what to do about it on my kindle that is next in line after my current read.
  • Grokette
    Options
    I am here today off and on and irritated this morning.

There is a forum out there floating around stating the "dangers" of saturated fats and I had to weigh in and give a piece of my mind to the point I changed my signature to spark people to stop and think............

Saturated fat is not the villian they are still trying to make it out to be.

Factory farmed meats, fruits and veggies that are GMO's, hormone filled dairy and refined sugar and grains are what is causing the inflammatory response also known as Coronary Heart Disease (CHD).

People need to stop with the bashing on this site. This site is not only for the low fat, calorie pinching crowd. It is for everyone no matter how you wish to lose weight and what you deem as healthy.
  • ceebs9
    Options

hello to everyone else.

Sorry Kim. Stress sucks. Only advice I can offer is to focus on just ONE thing today. Just today. Maybe focus on water intake and don't worry about food. Then tomorrow you can focus on one other thing. You'll get back on track. Sometimes it just takes awhile. (I should know.) Another thing I do is have a jar filled with slips of paper with activities I can do instead of eating. When I get the urge to eat when not hungry I'll pull out a slip of paper and do that activity, telling myself that if I still want the food I can have it but only AFTER I'm done. Some ideas...Clean 2 bathrooms. Do 10 minutes of double under practice. Send an eamil to someone I haven't been in contact with in awhile.

You get the idea. Good luck. Also, KEEP POSTING. That helps.