Worst Thing You have been Witness to at the Gym!

Options

Replies

• dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    That's just not right.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump for later this is hilarious and gross...:noway:
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    There's a GREAT thread that has a ton of stories in it...When you have time go read and laugh your butt off!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100903-the-gym-is-great-for-people-watching?hl=people+watching

OMG, you/re not kidding its hilarious and I'm only through page 2:laugh: :laugh:
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This isn't *bad*, just bizarre.

The woman on the elliptical in front of me last year was eating FRENCH FRIES while working out. I'm not joking. She had a to-go box from somewhere and was chomping away!

I'm sure she was trying to put "eating your exercise calories" to the ultimate test.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    After lifting one night I went into the locker room to change (at the Y) and there were these 2 guys getting undressed...One of them was completely naked, standing, and just yapping up a storm...the other one was seated on a bench...equally completely naked...the guy that was standing walked right up to the other guy's personal space and put his balls right in his face and never missed a beat with the conversation...the other guy just sat there...talk about being too comfortable in the locker room....perhaps they should have got a private room...
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    This was inspired by the skimpy bikini wearing cyclist.

The worst thing I've seen was in the locker room. A middle aged lady thought it was a great idea to point the hand dryer at her V spot so she could dry her pubes!

Dry her pubes with a blow dryer? Is that even necessary?
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There's this much older lady (in her 60s) who comes in dressed up like she's going out for dinner. She goes on the reclining bicycle for maybe half an hour and does 2kg weights. She's cute though! She looks like she's having a good time so I can't hate ;)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't have anything to compete with this stuff.

I've been going to the Y for about 5 weeks. The most annoying thing I've seen happen is this kids grabs a couple of bar-balls and proceeds to do his curl work-out right in front of the rack so no one else can get the bells they need. Common Dude, let's use our brains a little.

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    It wasn't something I witnessed, but it was auditory and olfactory. It was AWFUL!

On a treadmill, the man next to me had gas and didn't give a rat's *kitten* who heard or smelled it. I finally had to leave.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Some guy was standing in front of the main stairs jump roping the other day. I was afraid to walk on the stairs because I thought he might hit me with the rope. Go someplace else!! I go to a particularly annoying gym with 'tough' muscle guys everywhere (who are very vocal about it), but this was ridiculous. no sense in the head!
    what annoys me is guys walking all over your yoga mat when eventually your intending to lieing down on that very mat!

one 'tough guy' left his 50lb dumbell on my mat and walked around like he was some type of god - i had to roll it with my feet back to him to pick up. guys are so arrogant sometimes at the gyms! please be courteous to girls guys!

worst thing: this woman on the treadmill would make the most annoying moans (ugh ugh) after every 10 seconds - i guess she was out of breath...but it really affected my run on the treadmill and slowed me down.

Haha!!! Yeah annoying guys at the gym who want to tell you what to do!!! Grrrrrr... leave me alone. I have my IPod on take the hint I don't want to listen to you!!!! :laugh:
    I agree workout noises are distracting and disturbing sometimes.
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yeah...that's ADORABLE!!
    There's this much older lady (in her 60s) who comes in dressed up like she's going out for dinner. She goes on the reclining bicycle for maybe half an hour and does 2kg weights. She's cute though! She looks like she's having a good time so I can't hate ;)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    These stories are why I use workout DVD's lol. But I can second (third, fourth?) the naked elderly people in the locker room. We did our annual survival suit swim at the local gym and these old dudes were hanging out in the locker room naked as jaybirds. We change, test the suits, come back and they're STILL THERE! Get dressed and head to the coffee shop if you wanna chat.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of meathead types that grunt and drop the weights. They also gather all the weights they'll need for their entire workout. If your strong enough to lift it your strong enough to put it back.
  • jodie1306
    Options
    Doing a grappling workout and a guy on the next mat gets plowed in the groin so bad he puked on the mat. This is why you ware a cup barf boy!!

It was rank.

LMAO....thank goodness there are no customers in my shop cause this is funny stuff..
  • jodie1306
    Options
    As I was walking out of the locker room a couple weekends ago I caught the hairy brown eye of a woman bending over to get into her locker. I don't mind nudity and I don't mind people walking around naked, etc. It is a locker room..but I have to admit I cringed and was a tad traumatized lol.

Put your arses towards the lockers everyone!!

This is EXACTLY why I don't go to the gym. There are just some things you can't erase from your memory LOL
  • jodie1306
    Options
    Just funny: right next to me, I watched a guy trip on the treadmill at 6+ MPH and do a summersault before he got shot off the back of the machine. He was ok but everyone saw him and came over to help.

This is not funny but holy snappers, that's hilarious. We all live in fear that this will happen to us & this is exactly why we don't talk to people while we are on the treadmill - "back off people I'm concentrating" LOL
  • jodie1306
    Options
    You guys are funny! this is one of the main reasons I do not like to go to the YMCA or any of those other "popular" in town gyms, but rather work out at home or my community center where there is never more than 5 people in there at once. Anyway, when I did use to go, one lady was walking around the locker room butt naked after a shower and yeah, she needed a major razor to her pubes. Or the very least, a scissors. I mean, I wasn't trying to look, but she was doing stretches and everything and she was very naked.
    Another time was when a very obese, elderly lady asked me to wipe ointment or Icy Hot all over her back as she sweated profusely after working out. She was also very naked. I think people get a little too comfortable in the locker room at gyms.

AND why are the naked people never ever ever the seriously hot, ggrrr, come to mumma looking ones????? LOL
    why is it that the hairy ones like to walk around naked, just because we cant see "it", doesn't mean we can't see it!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I used to belong to a gym located in Boston that was ALWAYS crowded. At any given moment there would be 20-30 women in the locker room. Because of this, getting a changing stall was difficult, so almost everyone just changed in the open. It wasn't a big deal to me, I'm comfortable with this kind of stuff. Until one day, as I was changing into my workout clothes I saw a woman who looked to be in her 30's, scratch her butt hole and then smell her fingers. I kid you not.

To this day I avoid the locker room at my gym. That moment has traumatized me for life!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    That is pretty bad. And gross. I was changing one time and i saw this lady who was a little overweight. She brushed up against this other lady because she forgot something in her locker. Except she did not have any clothes on. The women freaked out and i almost went up and slapped that lady. That is gross.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't go to gyms anymore because I find them to be hostile environments for someone as ugly as me.

Last one I went to, I had some steroid freak accuse me of staring at his woman who happened to be using a machine right across from me. Once he started pushing me around I decided to defend myself and unloaded on him. Next thing I know I have half the gym coming at me. In the end, I ended up being banned from the gym.