i'm sorry, but...

Options

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    There is a thread specifically just for chitchat and stuff like that. If you don't like it...don't read it.

agreed. however, if i'm *not* on the "chit chat" board, i wouldn't expect to read unrelated topics.

Yet, you did it yourself. You posted this thread on the 'introduction' board.

again, i did that on purpose because that's where i read the post i was speaking about. i put it here in the hopes that person would read it and get the hint.

Maybe you should contact that person directly. Or respond to that person's post and mention your concerns about it being inappropriate there? Hints only have a chance at working, if the person notices them. Sometimes being respectfully direct is the best method.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I love that the OP posted about topics being put in the wrong forums, yet pretty sure this post was in the INTRODUCTION FORUM and is not, in fact, an introduction.

Further, I find it quite funny that this thread is 9 pages long and the OP is still posting intead of 'using this site as what it was meant for' as she claims, and instead is wasting her time defending herself. :grumble:

Ohhhh the irony.

And honestly, how freaking hard is it to click out of a thread if you don't want to read it?? It takes, what, 1/2 a second to click the back button???
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This site isn't just about dieting and exercise, it is about taking on a new lifestyle. For some, that means being able to "decompress" in an environment they feel safe in. Getting rid of stress plays a huge role in living a healthy lifestyle. You are complaining about people posting in the wrong forum You posted this thread in "introduce yourself". However, you didn't introduce yourself, you just complained about things. You don't have to click on a thread if you don't want to. If you do click on one and you see you don't like what is in it, then don't read it! It is as easy as that!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    So you're saying this post had NOTHING to do with nutrition/fitness???

It made me get up and get some water. That's fitness.

That just made me LOL.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love that the OP posted about topics being put in the wrong forums, yet pretty sure this post was in the INTRODUCTION FORUM and is not, in fact, an introduction.

Further, I find it quite funny that this thread is 9 pages long and the OP is still posting intead of 'using this site as what it was meant for' as she claims, and instead is wasting her time defending herself. :grumble:

Ohhhh the irony.

And honestly, how freaking hard is it to click out of a thread if you don't want to read it?? It takes, what, 1/2 a second to click the back button???

Ha Ha!! I think I just basically said the same thing you did!! I totally agree with you!!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i think i got it?
    Heidi gets it, as far as I'm concerned, check that post. That's what I felt her statement applied to, not that people were having their own opinion. It's the way an opinion is presented, often times, that decides whether it comes off as angry or not.

Anyway, whatevs, your opinion would be that you disagree with me, and that's fine with me :)

I feel like I'm catching up on my stories between trips upstairs prepping my dinner. She's a beaut'.

let me guess - salad;)
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    WOW!!! I thought "cformica" was correct in her assessment and feel that she politely mentioned that she thought people should put personal stories in the threads they belong in and not post personal debauchery stories in the recipe section or the nutrition section. Yet so many of you jumped down her throat. You felt the right to express your opinion and ridicule "cformica". I was going to look for some support here, but maybe I will just keep to myself. Good Luck to all.

thank you for "getting" my original post. didn't think it was that difficult to understand, but apparently it was for some. and if you still need the support, that's what i'm here for:)
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    WOW!!! I thought "cformica" was correct in her assessment and feel that she politely mentioned that she thought people should put personal stories in the threads they belong in and not post personal debauchery stories in the recipe section or the nutrition section. Yet so many of you jumped down her throat. You felt the right to express your opinion and ridicule "cformica". I was going to look for some support here, but maybe I will just keep to myself. Good Luck to all.

We're here to support! :smile: This post is dead except for my random stupidness. lol. Welcome!

i LOVE random stupidness - contrary to my original post. lol
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you do click on one and you see you don't like what is in it, then don't read it! It is as easy as that!
    I guess we should all be eager for trolling.

And formica—no, I made steak fajitas for my dad and I tonight. He was EXTREMELY impressed. I made us a small side salad with it. He was blown away, he didn't realize I actually knew how to cook. It's funny, I'm pretty sure he was worried about it, because he knows how well he and his wife cook, heh.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    ....isn't myfitnesspal supposed to be a website about food, nutrition, weight loss & dieting? i've been seeing a lot of "off topic" posts about personal matters such as love lives, work, etc. i say save that for facebook and leave the mfp message boards/blogs for sharing recipes, bragging about your weight loss success & dieting support for those of us who need it. :flowerforyou:

ps. there are boards for "off topic" subjects. my post was not meant to insult anyone - it was just to say that *i* go to the food/nutrition/dieting boards for that specific information. if i wanted to read about someone's drunken weekend adventures (which are certainly entertaining), i'd go to another website, or to the "chit chat" board. believe me, i have a lot that goes on in my life other than my diet that i like to share, but i know there's an appropriate place.
    Well said!!! Could not have been said BETTER!!!!

thank you:)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a lot of drama that was started as a result of something that could've been solved so easily.... :noway:

Why not just message the person that irritated you? Or better yet, ignore it? You can't control the posters, or the forum content, so relax and let it go a little bit. Was a 9-page thread really necessary? And what does THIS post have to do with weight loss and healthy living anyway? :wink:
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying and agree... Post things in the appropriate forum. I don't see why everyone is so po'd about you saying that. And I get why you posted this on here and not in the chit chat section. The people there are already using the chit chat section for chit chat... Duh.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I CANNOT believe this went on for 8 pages. Anyways, I feel like she has a right to post her opinion about whether or not people should post random *kitten* *kitten* in the forum. Why does everyone have a problem with that?

i think i should be flattered that i was able to conjure up all of this attention/controversy over a stupid post. lol. and thanks for the "support":)
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    There is a thread specifically just for chitchat and stuff like that. If you don't like it...don't read it.

agreed. however, if i'm *not* on the "chit chat" board, i wouldn't expect to read unrelated topics.

Yet, you did it yourself. You posted this thread on the 'introduction' board.

again, i did that on purpose because that's where i read the post i was speaking about. i put it here in the hopes that person would read it and get the hint.

Maybe you should contact that person directly. Or respond to that person's post and mention your concerns about it being inappropriate there? Hints only have a chance at working, if the person notices them. Sometimes being respectfully direct is the best method.

thank you. after all of the flack i got when i posted this, i actually went back to find the post i was referring to but it was removed. it really wasn't *that* big of a deal, i was just venting because it was one of several unrelated topics i had encountered in the past couple of weeks. no, it's not the end of the world - i was just over it.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I understand what you're saying and agree... Post things in the appropriate forum. I don't see why everyone is so po'd about you saying that. And I get why you posted this on here and not in the chit chat section. The people there are already using the chit chat section for chit chat... Duh.

lol thank you. it really was supposed to be that simple. and i love how everyone's blaming me for making this a 9-page thread, but i'm only responsible for the original post and about only 1/10 of the rest.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    Wow, this was a lot of drama that was started as a result of something that could've been solved so easily.... :noway:

Why not just message the person that irritated you? Or better yet, ignore it? You can't control the posters, or the forum content, so relax and let it go a little bit. Was a 9-page thread really necessary? And what does THIS post have to do with weight loss and healthy living anyway? :wink:

if you truly read aaaall 9 pages you would have seen that i explained - several times - that i posted this in *this* section because this is where i read the post to which i was referring in my original post (wow, how many times can i type "post"). anyhow, my point - which i now see was stupid based on all the experts and geniuses giving me their advice on how i *should* have handled this - was to subtly and without drama (ahem) alert this person that her posts were inappropriate for this specific board. i simply clicked on a subject entitled "hi" or "hello" (i can't remember which it was) in order to meet someone since this board is entitled, "introduce yourself". but instead of making a new friend or reading about someone's dieting goals, i got an eyeful of tmi regarding someone's weekend of drinking and sex. the fact that this went on for so many pages is not my sole responsibilty. people replied for a reason - whether to make a valid point, agree, or to drum up some unecessary drama for lack of a hobby.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    If you do click on one and you see you don't like what is in it, then don't read it! It is as easy as that!
    I guess we should all be eager for trolling.

And formica—no, I made steak fajitas for my dad and I tonight. He was EXTREMELY impressed. I made us a small side salad with it. He was blown away, he didn't realize I actually knew how to cook. It's funny, I'm pretty sure he was worried about it, because he knows how well he and his wife cook, heh.

soooo, you ordered out from that mexican place again, didn't you?
  • dconner13
    dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get what your saying cformica..........I don't have the patience to read all the responses. But I think you presented yourself without rudeness. But its also a mute point. Its not gonna change anything. And we just have to carry on. Good luck to you!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    This thread is like the energizer bunny....it keeps going and going :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I get what your saying cformica..........I don't have the patience to read all the responses. But I think you presented yourself without rudeness. But its also a mute point. Its not gonna change anything. And we just have to carry on. Good luck to you!

thank you and yes. i'm over it. never intended it to get so ridiculous.