• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

This post is still ALIVE?!

:yawn:

I was just thinking the same thing. :laugh:

DITTO! :drinker:

I looooove threads like this. It will die eventually. I think cformica will have to be the one to let it go, though.

Here, from my profile:

About 98% of discussion on internet forums is what I call "playing in the margins".... it's the cyber lawn cutter's equivalent of cutting the grass with fingernail clippers one blade at a time.
    ~roturner on Scubaboard.com

grr, stoopid quotes
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Post it in the right subject column. I don't care who you banged, I want recipes, nutrition and encouragement! You have atleast one person on your side!:smile::smile:

thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Overall, I give this thread 4 stars.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Banana hammock.
  • heidijo22
    Options
    I can't stand people who are so petty they have to whine about things that shouldn't be a big deal.

If you see it's an "off" post, don't read it. Many people are here for friends, a sense of belonging, etc. There are some things they write here that maybe they can't write anywhere else. Yes, this is a fitness site, but the mind plays a huge role in that and if we can help people with their little problems, maybe their weight loss and fitness journey will be stronger and better.

Cause seriously, this is petty shet.

You are allowed your opinion, but then people are allowed to jump down your throat for it. No one is upset with you. Well, at least I'm not.
    i agree people can post what they want cuz weight loss and fitness go into all catagories of our life
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    LOL...At least this is a popular post! Gotta give you credit for that! No really, I enjoy being able to come here and vent about or ask for help with my recent divorce problems. It's a very painful ordeal and coming here for support, helps me to stay on track with my healthy eating and stay focused. If it wasn't for the people on this site, I would have been done long ago with my healthy eating and exercise routine. In fact, I started all this and joined MFP at one of my lowest points,the day after Thanksgiving when I found out that my recent Ex had a new girlfriend! I found caring and supportive people to help me get through and stick to my healthy eating and to love myself and stay on the path of getting better. I am an emotional eater and I didn't want to be affected by my Ex or to give up on myself.

As for coming here and posting who got laid or who did who or how drunk you got, your right, that it totally off topic of this wonderful weightloss and exercise site! Like I said before, it has to be to a degree on what should actually be posted. Use discretion and be tactful, not cheap and ignorant!

I believe everyone has got the point and the continued posting on this thread needs to be over, it's senseless and ridiculous! To keep it going is really wasting precious time we could be using to talk about what really matters! I'm sure most will agree, I hope anyway...lol.

We are all here for the same reasons so let support one another so our lives can be better and for a better future. Now kiss and make up!
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    LOL...At least this is a popular post! Gotta give you credit for that! No really, I enjoy being able to come here and vent about or ask for help with my recent divorce problems. It's a very painful ordeal and coming here for support, helps me to stay on track with my healthy eating and stay focused. If it wasn't for the people on this site, I would have been done long ago with my healthy eating and exercise routine. In fact, I started all this and joined MFP at one of my lowest points,the day after Thanksgiving when I found out that my recent Ex had a new girlfriend! I found caring and supportive people to help me get through and stick to my healthy eating and to love myself and stay on the path of getting better. I am an emotional eater and I didn't want to be affected by my Ex or to give up on myself.

As for coming here and posting who got laid or who did who or how drunk you got, your right, that it totally off topic of this wonderful weightloss and exercise site! Like I said before, it has to be to a degree on what should actually be posted. Use discretion and be tactful, not cheap and ignorant!

I believe everyone has got the point and the continued posting on this thread needs to be over, it's senseless and ridiculous! To keep it going is really wasting precious time we could be using to talk about what really matters! I'm sure most will agree, I hope anyway...lol.

We are all here for the same reasons so let support one another so our lives can be better and for a better future. Now kiss and make up!

very well put. and i'm sorry to hear about what happened - but very happy you're back on your feet and have found all of us to help support you:)
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    this post makes me want to add my own off-topic posts just for fun!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Banana hammock.

bahahahaha!!!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Since this post started.......I have burned off over 3500 calories....I have done 6 loads of laundry....I have tilled part of my garden....I have shopped for a new sports bra.....I have GROWN OLD.....LMAO I cant believe this is still going! Its like a **** roach....It will never die!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • better4you
    Options
    I agree with the idea that "other personal stuff--not health related" not be on this site. Maybe re-reading the forum rules #4 will bring this back into place. It states that the forums are here to help support one another, and I believe we are here for weight/ exercise/health issues. Hope all goes well!!!
  • jrevi001
    Options
    Love lives, work, relationships, health issues, financial woes, etc. can play a big part in why some people are overweight, especially if they are emotional eaters. Venting helps them. I see no harm in it, and in fact, when someone posts something that I can relate to, it helps me too.

So very true! In a lot of cases for weight loss people have to attend a sort of therapy to understand why they cannot control ther eating and when and why they began to lead this lifestyle. For pople like me weight is not just an issue of eating and exercise it's a mental game too.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I agree with the idea that "other personal stuff--not health related" not be on this site. Maybe re-reading the forum rules #4 will bring this back into place. It states that the forums are here to help support one another, and I believe we are here for weight/ exercise/health issues. Hope all goes well!!!

thank you:)
  • Mchavez2018
    Mchavez2018 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    good point!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    honestly it dosent hurt anyone if something goes off topic....just hit the little back button on your browser and you should be just fine.
    People are so damn sensitive nowdays.
    Really people its not that hard to just leave the thread if its not what you thought it would be.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Since this post started.......I have burned off over 3500 calories....I have done 6 loads of laundry....I have tilled part of my garden....I have shopped for a new sports bra.....I have GROWN OLD.....LMAO I cant believe this is still going! Its like a **** roach....It will never die!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, we love our drama here on mfp dramaqueen.gif
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

This is the thread that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...

*shout out to Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop!*
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Yeah, That should be on the ..I am 'a hopeless ho and need help' board.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

This is the thread that doesn't ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because...

*shout out to Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop!*

LMAO - I almost made it through this whole thread without laughing out loud but that did it... thanks for the giggle!! :D
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I can't believe C ockroach didn't make it through the mfp censor filter. :laugh: