Insults

Options
1234568»

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I stoped caring what other people thought of me a long time ago,and its the best feeling.
  • boxingsquirrel
    Options
    My dad and brother are the worst culprits. Which is daft as they both are pretty big.

My mum on the other hand deals with it slightly differently in telling me how much better i look slim. not perfect but at least she's not calling me thunder thighs, fatty or, well i can't repeat on here the kinda things my brother used to say.

It's one thing saying something to help, another just being cruel!
  • jc2488
    jc2488 Posts: 12
    Options
    At my boyfriends family dinner his brother and girlfriend said they were looking at older pictures of us and "i used to be fat" i said oh...ok and they said oh but only when i sat down it was noticeable in my stomach. Well thanks. Mind you i have never really weighed more than 135 and that my boyfriend's brothers girlfriend is not the healthiest person! This was about 3 years ago.....and i still think about it and get so mad over it! I can't beleive people can say things like that. I regret not giving her a piece of my mind. Unfortuantly one day she will be my sister-in-law.
  • chrssyeldridge
    chrssyeldridge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My ex once told me the my *kitten* looked like a golf ball white covered with dimples!!! F*&%$#! So glad he's an ex now!
  • 23sdlsdfoi98
    Options
    It's not really an insult so much as a constant reminder, but everyone in my immediate family (especially my mom and dad) constantly tell me that things I eat are gonna go straight to my *kitten*. Or they are telling me how I need to exercise more. It's the *kitten* comment that gets to me the most, because sometimes it's over a piece of toast or because I ate everything off my plate, even if it was healthy foods...it's frustrating.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a very cathartic thread. It is nice to be able to say something in a safe environment such as this one about things that have tormented us over the years and we have probaly never mentioned to another person before. And the good news is we are all doing something to make sure that we will never be taunted again! Good luck to everyone here! Keep going and never give up!