Turbo Team!! xx

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm back, now! Didn't get to do it yesterday, after all. But today... did Cardio Party.
    Anyone hear from Nikki? I hope she is okay.
    Linda
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished TJ Fat Blaster! ...burned 293 cals.

Has anyone done TurboFIre? Just wondering if Fat Blaster is similar in terms of the intervals?

I am considering getting TurboFire and was just wanting to know what its like that I can compare it to.

This Turbo Team really inspires me ...thanks all of you for your great influence! ....Im still waiting for my CLX ...hurry hurry please!

@ Elbee : I was wondering the same with Nikki... hope all is ok with her.

Happy Turbo-ing Team!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Great job, Fittag! I am beginner doing Turbo Jam. I'm really enjoying it... but I think mostly because I am part of this team. I am on Week 4 of the beginner plan because I skipped last week. By the time, I finish this week and then the Advanced week... I will probably be ready to move to different Turbo....
    So, can't wait to read the responses to your post.
    Linda
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have not done Turbo Fire, but I want to get it. My goal to myself is when I quit smoking, cause I don't think i would last a workout right now. :smile:
    So, I am still not feeling the best and did not work out yesterday. I am at my internship right now, and hope that I will still have enough energy to get a workout in this afternoon.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I bought Turbo Fire first as part of my New Year's resolution (total wishful thinking). So then I realized how far above my current fitness level it was and got Turbo Jam. Now I'm working my way through TJ with TF as the reward. :-)

So here's my best guess. If you're at the point in TJ where you're doing all the extra, supercharged cardio things (like jogging during the knees, doing all the jumping, and keeping up through the turbo section in the middle), then you're probably ready to start TF. TF is like TJ on speed--really frenetic all the time. B/c it's faster, Chalene doesn't have as much time to just chat, so she doesn't do as much coaching, but most of the moves are familiar from TJ. And there's a New to Class option which is more or less the equivalent of Learn and Burn.

Posters in some other threads have described their TF performance as a flailathon, and it does kind of give that impression, even when Chalene does it, sometimes. There's a lot less attention to form and a lot more emphasis on movement--which I guess makes sense, since the goal is to burn as many calories as it's possible to burn.
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about bumping it up a level too, but I don't think i'm ready for turbo fire yet based on your description. anyone have chaleane extreme? what's that like?
  • Elbee1
    Options
    March 23rd - Wednesday, I did Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt. During Turbo Sculpt, I got a little dizzy transitioning from standing work to floor work. Don't know what that's about. But, I was really working hard and enjoying it. Had to stop for a few minutes. I was sweating a lot and very hot. So, maybe I got my heart rate up a little too much and then didn't keep my head up until I had it back down?
    Linda
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalene Extreme and I love it. There is not much cario in the program, so I am doing my own combination of turbo jam and the weight workouts from Chalene Extreme. I can tell there is a difference in my muscle definition in my legs, and a little bit in my arms (or it could be in my head. :happy: )
    Overall, I love the workouts, the motivation that Chalene gives, and how I feel after I finish a workout.
    I have not done much the past week or so cause I am still not feeling too great, but I look forward to the day that I do not start falling asleep at 3 pm.

Linda - if you were hot and pushing yourself during the turbo sculpt, I bet that is why you got dizy when transitioning. Try paying attention to your breathing when you are doing turbo sculpt cause it is our tendency to hold our breath when something is difficult.
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    The Fed Ex tracking says my Chalene Extreme should come today. Fitag, do you have yours yet??
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thank you, Nmoreland!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    My son says the package has arrived. I'm at school right now--catching up on stuff and going to meetings. Can't wait to open the box!
    The Fed Ex tracking says my Chalene Extreme should come today. Fitag, do you have yours yet??
  • Elbee1
    Options
    20 minute work-out - Done!
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    linda- on transitioning from standing to floor work on turbo sculpt. it happens to me too. what it is was your heart rate was probably high on standing( you just did alot of lower body work = increased heart rate). but when you move to the floor, your body doesn't need to be pumping that fast to get the blood circulating. so if you don't take your time getting to the floor, blood rushes to your head and you get dizzy. when i do this workout, i will take a break -sort of- before going to the floor. I walk around my house, to bring my heart rate back down. this takes care of my dizziness. the first few times I did this workout, I almost passed out when I went to the floor work ( good thing I was already on the floor). but I figured out the trick and I've been fine.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Thanks so much, Glynis. I'm surprised that anyone could make heads or tails out of what I posted. I just re-read that and it doesn't make any sense. :blushing: :embarassed:
    I will try that trick and see if that helps. Yes, I was really glad that I was already on the floor. :bigsmile:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! i was reading through the recent forum posts and had to stop at the Turbo Team, since I'm a big Turbo fan myself..
    Just read the last few posts, and just wanted to say that I've done/am doing TurboFire, and absolutely love it and highly recommend it!! I started out with TJ, and followed the provided month schedule, then moved on to TF.. i started it weighing 173, and when I was really diligent with that and logging my calories i was losing between 5-6lbs a month. the workouts are tough, and by the end you're completely drenched, but i always feel proud at the finish line. it's fast-paced, and the first time i did it, i thought omg i'm never gonna get thru this b/c i'm already tired and it's just the warm up haha..i got thru about 8 weeks, then came the holidays, and just life in general, and totally fell out of the schedule, so this past month I've been trying again from the start.
    this second time around i started at 153. i've been on and off the schedule however b/c i've also taken up running and am trying to work on that as well, so some days i do that instead of TF. a lot of the moves are the same from TJ, the music is great, and there's a "new to class" option to break down the moves the first time if needed. one thing i really like is that you can def feel yourself improve as you go.. for example, (i'm sure you've seen the infomercials), they have HIIT workouts, and i used to have to modify like half the jumps in one of them, and now i can make it thru every single one! it feels fantastic! eventually you'll get to the point where TJ will be too slow lol. believe me i never thought i'd say that, but it's true..
    ok so there's my $0.02, feel free to ask anything else or friend me! yay Turbo!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    double post!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Allie--that's really encouraging.

And congratulations on the great loss!! I peeked at your profile--you're pretty in ALL the pictures, but I know what you mean about wanting to feel good about being in pix when you're someplace special.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Yes, Thank you, Allie. I checked out your pictures, too. Congratulations! You look fabulous!

I did Cardio Party today.
    Linda
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Misty and Linda (Thank you, my accountibility buddy!!!) invited me to join here because I am a turbo fanatic! I have been doing turbo jam for three years now lost 35 pounds (and then gained it back) now I am doing Turbo Fire. I have read that ya'll have some questions about this program. I would love to be of help if I can. First I wanted to share that I m making a come back after being out with an injury for two and half months. I am doing this program's modified schedule its called the prep schedule it is 9 weeks long and it supposed to prepare you to start the real deal. I am still having to modify everything but I LOVE it!!!! If you know the elite moves you can do turbo fire the "new to class" feature is really helpful. Ultimatly its like tj...doing it will help you learn it. I am still in the learning stage lol. Anyway, I am glad to find a thread filled with turbo lovers!!! I hope its alright that I pop in here?? Anyway, have a super blessed day!
    Misty aka Getnfitn2011
    P.S- I have also done Chalean extreme- for those about to start you should be SO excited!!! Chalean extreme was my favorite or soul mate program until I started Turbo Fire...now they are tied!! I am planning on doing this prep schedule round...a full round of Fire, THEN chalean extreme to sculpt it out! I have almost all beachbody programs and have used many of them so if you have any questions I would love to help!! I love these products!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Hi, Misty. As a brand-new CLXer I'm glad to know how much you love it.

I did burn circuit 1 yesterday--with 5 and 7 pound weights. I'm going to try 5, 8, and 10 next time, b/c I could have gone heavier on some of them. I was too busy figuring out what I was doing to count reps, but I'll do that next time.

So how is everybody doing?

Glynis, the pounds were just melting off!! What did you change? And are you feeling better about things?

Linda, you and Glynis have been Turbo machines this week--wow!!

Nmoreland, are you finally feeling any better?

Sandy, we miss you. Take care.

Fitag, I'm so impressed by your kayaking! What a great way to use calories. Do you have pix you can share?

Mer, are you back at work and working out yet?

I used a lot of calories this week getting our yard ready for the first mowing--next weekend if it doesn't wash away before that. I usually hate yardwork, but this year, I put on my heart rate monitor and thought of it as a chance to exercise outdoors and actually enjoyed it quite a lot. Clearly, I've been approaching yardwork all wrong! Yesterday, I think I overdid it a little trying to get everything finished up before today's rain. So I did a longer, less intense workout this morning. I started fat blaster and just had to stop about 10 minutes into it.