Turbo Team!! xx

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nmoreland!!! You are really burning those calories!!!

Y'all I'm so upset. Left town without my Turbo Jam DVDs!!! They were on my list, but still missed them...
    I'm hoping my husband will send them to me... but in the mean time...

Yesterday I did an aerobics type thing for an hour, but just not nearly the same as TJ!

Have a great day, y'all!
    linda
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hemlock motivated me, and I did CHX burn it off this afternoon, and it was not as bad as I remembered! :wink:
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I did a CHX weight workout today.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do Burn It Off tonight. I did a TF workout (Fire 55 EZ--the only one I can do so far) on Tuesday and was much more able to keep up than I had been when I first tried it in January. These two months of TJ have really paid off in fitness.

For April, my plan is to do Fire 55 instead of one or two of the TJ workouts and do the Burn Circuit from CLX three days a week. Right now I feel like a slug b/c Wednesday is my rest day, and I'm not going to exercise until tonight, but I plan to be very active from after school today until Tuesday evening.

I was really good on calories while traveling, but it was hard to drink enough water, and I didn't exercise at all, so I came back feeling blah.

I got out all my clothes that didn't fit (mostly US 18, one "skinny" 20) and tried them all right before I left. They all fit!! I am now officially the smallest I've been since 1995. Next stop, 1993.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Hemlock - that is exciting news, both on the clothes fitting and on feeling better about the TF workout you can now do!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hemlock! That is great!!!

My husband did not send me my Turbo Jam DVDs.. Whah. :(
    Oh well.
    I just won't be able to turbo jam until the last week in April. Sorry y'all.
    Linda
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Thanks! :-)

I did TF 55 again today, but this time I paused the DVD when I needed to take breathing breaks instead of just letting it go on without me. It took 61 minutes and I burned 590 calories.

My food was really bad last week--lots of fast food and food substitutes and tons of sodium. Starting over this week with a new attitude toward the kitchen (kitchen? where's that?).

On a slightly other subject, do any of you track potassium or really ever think about it at all? I've started tracking it, and I've discovered that I eat almost no potassium. The site says I need 2500 mg, and I average about 450 mg. I'm going to work on that, but I'm wondering if this is a very important nutrient or just one of the many things we really should eat if we had 6000 calories a day to play with?
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Monday check in

Weight 195 (up two pounds since last week) :sad:

No change in inches :cry:

I've used 3218 calories in exercise doing CLX Burn It Off, TF Fire 55 EZ, and karate. I also did Burn Circuit 1 and Burn Circuit 2.

I've been at or under my calorie goal every day this week, but from Friday to Thursday it was all fast food all the time, so I'm still hoping these are imaginary pounds caused by too much sodium and not enough potassium (important regulator of water weight).

I know that in the grand scheme of things a week is not very long and 2 lbs is not very much, but avoiding cinnamon rolls is a daily battle, and its those unreasonable upward spikes that make it so easy to stop. This is when I start telling myself that there's really no point in all this and that I look finde the way I am.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Hemlock - I know how hard it is, I have also been on a downward spiral since I got sick and didn't feel like cooking healthy, and that feeling has not gone away yet. I just try to remind myself that there will be slip ups and variations in our weight (most likely due to high sodium :smile: ) You have come so far already with what you have lost, and also the physical activity that you can do. Think back to when you first started doing turbo jam, and think of what you are doing now. You are doing Turbo Fire!!! :flowerforyou:

Absolutely nothing changed for me this week in weight and inches. I tend to weight myself every day, and my fluctuations have been on the higher range the past two weeks and no lower fluctuations for me (which I did have a few weeks ago). I only burned about 1500 calories last week, so I really need to step it up.

I hope everyone else is doing OK, it has been a while for a few people's posts. Happy Monday!
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Has everyone quit posting about their Turbo Jam?

I hope that everyone is still working on their journey...
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Still here. :smile:

I didn't end up working out yesterday--no excuse, just complete sloth. But I thought of you and got up early this morning to do TF Fire 55 EZ. I only had 50 minutes, so I took my breathing breaks during instead of pausing the DVD--hence the low calorie burn.

Since that was yesterday's workout, I'm going to do today's workout tonight.

Happy weekend!
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Hemlock - I have to take breaks all the time, and I do not usually pause the DVD, unless it is one of the weight workouts from Chalean Extreme.

I did a weight workout today, and I did 30 minutes of Punch, Kick, Jam. My mom called, and it has been a while since I talked to her, so I answered and decided to talk to her instead of finishing the workout.

My goal is to have a week of eating good, and not go over my calories like I have been.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    So, my weight went up slightly and there was no change in my measurements. :sad:

Sad, but expected
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    I may or may not have lost 2 lbs (the 2 from Saturday, which I'll believe in more confidently if they're still gone at the end of the week) and my measurements are unchanged. BUT I can now do 3 miles on the elliptical in 40 minutes. Also I can do a lot more of the higher intensity things in Turbo Jam. I'm no longer just panting along trying to keep up with Mindy. Clearly, all this work IS having an effect--just not really the effect I most care about.

Fwiw, I recently learned a new statistitic to track: heart rate variability. The gist is to see how quickly your heart rate declines during a one-minute break during cardio. Decline of up to 12 bpm (for instance from 144 to 132 is not very good. Decline of 13 or more bpm (from 144 to 131 or less) is a sign of better heart health. So I'm happy to report that I have all kinds of heart rate variability. I just wish it was a change I could see in the mirror. :ohwell:

Trying not to be so shallow here.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I am right there with you. I can feel muscles forming in my legs. They are not visible yet, but I know they are there, but I want everyone to know they are there. =)
    I also really want to be able to buy new clothes because I need to, and it is happening slower then I want.
    But, I like how you posted what you can do now. I have noticed that I can keep up when they do kicks in turbo jam, I was always at a slower pace then they are. I also have been feeling muscle pain, and I LOVE it (it is the good kind, not to the point I cant walk).

I will pay attention to my heart rate variability tomorrow when I do my cardio.

Lets keep eachother motivated to stay on track, and get back on track when we get off. Eventually, there will be difference that we can see. There has to be, right?!?! :laugh:
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Total of .5 lbs lost for the entire month of April

Beginning January 1, I reduced my calories in by 300 per day and increased my calories out by 2500 per week, which (if weight loss were rational) should have produced a net loss of 5-6 lbs per month. For January – March my total loss was 19 lbs—right on target. (Yay!! Math wins.)

I’ve continued to meet or fall below my calorie goal every single day in April (except yesterday), and I’ve continued to use 2500 calories in exercise each week, and so far my total weight loss for April is one half of a pound. (Math takes serious damage.)
    I've looked at my food diary to see what I can change, and the obvious answer is the daily allotment of 2 (9.5 oz) bottles of Starbucks mocha frappuccino, plus one (12 oz) homemade equivalent each day. Altogether, that's 234 mgs of caffeine and 540 per day.

Past experience tells me that it takes about 3 weeks to step down from a full-blown caffeine addiction to no caffeine at all, so that’s my goal for the next three weeks. I’m not necessarily planning to end my relationship with caffeine forever, but I have thought for a long time that it causes carb cravings, so I would like to try a couple of months without it just to see if that makes it easier to meet a lower calorie goal, and to see if all this newly added exercise gives me enough energy during that day so that I don't actually need caffeine.
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    nmoreland, I know giving up caffeine isn't even remotely as hard as quitting smoking, but I'm totally with you in spirit.

I decided that maybe baby steps had taken me as far as they were going to, so I changed my calorie goal from maintenance to 1300. Restarting CLX today also (I stopped after two weeks before b/c the scale stopped moving at the same time I started CLX, so I was hoping stopping CLX would get the scale started again. It didn't, and since I'm not losing weight anyway, I might as well be strong. :-)

Leaving for England in 24 days. Yikes!! I was really hoping to be under 190 before going to the land of skinny people.

Happy Monday.
  • nmoreland
    Options
    hemlock - I love my coffee too, and it would be difficult to give up. Once I officially decide to quit smoking I may have to because caffeine causes me to want to smoke. But giving up the coffee is not easy to do either, so good luck on that one. =)

This has been a difficult month for me too. My weight has been going down and then back up, so I am where I started the month. I am pretty sure it is because I have not been able to control my eating, and have been over calories just about every day. I have been eating lunch that has been rather high in calories, so I think I am going to work on cutting that down and go from there.

I actually just completed the last round of Lean circuit. I think I am going to concentrate on cardio for the next two weeks, and then start over again. Hopefully I will be better with eating and cardio, and I will start to see the scale go down, or at least my measurements. (Idid not even take them this morning because I do not want to know).

Lets do what we can before you go to England! That will be about the same time as my graduation, so we both have something to work towards for the end of May. WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    We've finished another month! I'm still doing TJ at least 3 times a week and started CLX again last Monday, so I'm a week into Burn Circuit. i'm using heavier weights this time, and I definitely feel a difference, even after only partially completing the first month last time.

I ended April down 4 lbs (from 194 to 190) and down about 1/2 inch in chest, waist, and hips. It's just enough so that some of my pants are starting to slide, but not really enough to look different to the uninformed eye. However, this is the first time in my life I've ever NEEDED a belt, so I'm celebrating that little accomplishment.

I also kept a spreadsheet through April (b/c I have to learn Excel and Access for my job, so this seemed like a good way to practice Excel). I learned a lot about Excel, but I also learned that my typical calorie deficit is a lot smaller than I thought it was. I think I notice the deficit on days when I exercise, but because of the way my school schedule works out, I sometimes have three rest days instead of one. On those days I have no deficit, which I guess is why I've been losing weight so slowly.

It doesn't explain why I suddenly went from 6 lbs/month to nothing for the first 3 1/2 weeks of April, or why I suddenly lost 2 1/2 pounds at the end of April. For now, I'm going to assume that those were real pounds--just because otherwise it would feel as though all this work (2200+ calories a week in exercise through April) had been for nothing.

I leave in 17 days, so I'm going to just try to stay on track with eating, CLX, and TJ til then.

nmoreland, is this finals week for you? Good luck with the end of the semester!! We have one more week of classes, and finals next week.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    I'm finally back.
    My first week out of town went well with continued dieting and exercise... but it all went downhill & I gained most the weight back. I got sick while on the road & am still trying to get over the bronchitis & sinus issues. Also, somehow I hurt my back. I don't know whether to do TJ yet or not. I don't want to make it worse. My back is much better the last couple days, but just don't want to hurt it again or start back too soon.
    Hopefully, I'll be back on board soon.