Turbo Team!! xx

Options

Replies

• nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank Sandypants!

I did 35 minutes of weights yesterday and cardio party 2 today. I have not been pushing myself in the cardio this week (fewer calories burned), but I am doing it, and I have this group to thank for that!

I love cardio party 2 and 3, and I think I like it better then the first one. Since I have gotten 2 and 3, I have not done the first one. Hope everyone has a good evening, or whatever time it is where you are. :smile:
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I felt well enough to sit up for the day (yippee!), and now I'm bored with sitting and want to start moving again. Breathing is still a little hard, though, and I still feel kind of dizzy, so I'm going to start with a slow walk.

While I was in bed, I had time to read The New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I must say I'm disappointed. All the lifts look SO HARD. If I could do any of those things for even one set of one rep, I wouldn't have thought I needed to buy a book about lifting. I think it's possible that their description is of the ideal version and that beginners can start from something less ideal and work up (as with yoga), but (also as with yoga), they only show the perfect version, and it's hard to guess what a less perfect version that's still useful might look like.

So I'm afraid it might have to be Turbo Sculpt for me after all. Drat!!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Also, Thursday morning I was down to 198.5--very exciting. I was a lot under my calorie goal Wednesday and Thursday--enough to make up for not exercising, but I went over by 60 calories on Friday. Hmm--the appetite and the ability to find food seem to recover first. :-) So today, I'm up to 199.5. Is it any wonder that fat people are so willing to fall for any kind of diet miracle?? If a 60 calorie difference is enough to move the scale a pound UP, doesn't logic suggest that there must be a similarly tiny difference that could move it DOWN?

I know it's probably (maybe) water retention related to the steroid shot, but still.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am new here-
    but NOT new to Turbo Jam/Kick

My story started in 2006. I was lucky because I found TJ on an infomercial while in the hospital with diabetes. 3 months later I was down 30lbs, I started at 305, and off insulin completely.
    I went to Camp Turbo Kick its first year. Chalene, who was not as famous at the time, liked my story and I met a lot of great people, including tons of Turbo fanatics, Chalene of course, Jenelle her sister, Holly, Mindy- and I loved everyone. I lost 100lb in a year, and Chalene used my story on her ChaLean Extreme motivational CD. I ended up losing 125lbs. I am now up close to 50, after tons of excuses, 2 surgeries, the deaths of my dad and a couple friends, a major bout of depression, migraines, a fractured foot , and back pain, I am now back. I no longer have diabetes but it could come back in a flash. I have to keep on keeping on!

In some ways I feel like a failure. I started on and off the wagon nearly 2 years ago and have had trouble STAYING on. 6 weeks ago, I hurt my right foot- 3 fractures, and have been sedentary. Today I did CP Remix and while it was tough, I got through it and it's been the first workout in nearly 7 weeks :) I love how I feel when I work out and I LOVE TURBO JAM!

I am seeking those who can support my journey as I can support theirs. I promised Chalene that I would pay it forward and I'd love to pay forward to you guys, but also seeking support. My droid has myfitnesspal and I just downloaded it today. I have been eating healthy for over a week now but I am having difficulty with keeping it consistant for more than a couple weeks.
    I must succeed- there's no trying- I must DO IT! and DO MORE!

If anyone want to add me to their facebook, send me a note so I know where you're from
    facebook.com/turbomer

PS- I am from Philly!
  • merzback
    Options
    Also, Thursday morning I was down to 198.5--very exciting. I was a lot under my calorie goal Wednesday and Thursday--enough to make up for not exercising, but I went over by 60 calories on Friday. Hmm--the appetite and the ability to find food seem to recover first. :-) So today, I'm up to 199.5. Is it any wonder that fat people are so willing to fall for any kind of diet miracle?? If a 60 calorie difference is enough to move the scale a pound UP, doesn't logic suggest that there must be a similarly tiny difference that could move it DOWN?

I know it's probably (maybe) water retention related to the steroid shot, but still.

60 calories in one day is NOT enough to gain a lb. Did you eat anything w/ salt? Do you have your period coming or anything like that. Take measurements.
    60 calories a day x7 days yes you could gain weight but NOT due to ONE day!!! It takes 3500 calories over to gain one lb. Water retention may be the issue!
  • nmoreland
    Options
    merzback - welcome to the team. All of us are here because we have had a difficult time sticking to any one thing. I have found this group to be very motivating for me to work out on days that I do not feel like it. As for what I eat, I try to eat healthy, but I have not cut out anything from my diet. If I did that, I know that I could not sustain. I usually input it in my food diary before I eat so then I know how much I can eat.

A little homework for me then weights. :)
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Yesterday I felt well enough to sit up for the day (yippee!), and now I'm bored with sitting and want to start moving again. Breathing is still a little hard, though, and I still feel kind of dizzy, so I'm going to start with a slow walk.

While I was in bed, I had time to read The New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I must say I'm disappointed. All the lifts look SO HARD. If I could do any of those things for even one set of one rep, I wouldn't have thought I needed to buy a book about lifting. I think it's possible that their description is of the ideal version and that beginners can start from something less ideal and work up (as with yoga), but (also as with yoga), they only show the perfect version, and it's hard to guess what a less perfect version that's still useful might look like.

So I'm afraid it might have to be Turbo Sculpt for me after all. Drat!!

If I was not doing Chalene Extreme then I would not be lifting like I am. I find weight lifting difficult and boring. In both Chalene Extreme and Turbo Sculpt she helps you to pay attention to form, which can make a huge difference. And there is music and someone cheering me on when I get tired.
  • merzback
    Options
    About lifting and weights- One of the things that are great about CLX, is that you have Chalene as your motivator, but also her explaining what is supposed to be hard. For example, what's hard for me, may be easy for someone else. Basically- we all need to work out at our own fitness level :)
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Hi Merzback, welcome to our team! It's always great having more people to participate in our jam sessions!
    I got in my 20 minute workout and Ab jam today and also did 15 mins each on the eliptical and the treadmill.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, chat soon. (Hemlock - get better you poor thing)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Great job, Sandypants!

Merzback - Welcome!!!

I did Turbo Jam 20 minute workout & Ab jam on Saturday 3/12th.

Linda
  • merzback
    Options
    After not doing any work out for nearly 7 weeks due to 3 fractures in my right foot (I fell on the snow/ice), I did cardio party remix- a work out that used to be too easy for me but was a challenge yesterday.
    I wanted to let you guys know, if you don't already know, that you should go to turbokick.com and see if there are any live classes in your area or 24 hour fitness clubs where they have lots of turbo kick classes. They are harder than Turbo Jam- but doing it in person is awesome! I was teaching it for a while but now de conditioned and have to work back up to it :)
    Everyone keep up the great work! :)
  • merzback
    Options
    Excellent idea! We will go until summer! BEACHBODY!!! woohooo!

Well done to everyone who has done or doing day 1! Hope u all feel amazing! The hard work WILL pay off, take a look at my success pic on my profile... that was all Turbo Jam & Calorie Counting.. Im going to do it all again and take u all with me!

Lets loose those inches girls! xxxxxxxxx

Did you put your success story in with beachbody? :)
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    i'm not sure where everyone is or where to start...but i couldn't b more happy that i found this place...i bought turbo jam in 4/2008, did it for a little while and found out I was pregnant again...so i stopped it of course...after i had the baby i just never could get back into the program...yes i've done it here and there...i'll do it for a month and then something happens in my mind and i quit...my willpower is nonexistent...i turn to food for everything...i started mfp on 3/5/11 and have since then lost 3lbs...so i have 87 to go...can someone help me and let me know what i have to do here... :smile:
  • merzback
    Options
    Hey everyone- just a question- what is your favorite turbo jam work out?
    Mine is cardio party 3- it's hard but it's the most like turbo kick and I love the music.
    I also love CP remix because it's quick- 30 minutes!
    Do any of you guys have the On the Ball workouts? I have them but my ball deflated and I need to get the new ball working.
    Is anyone here certified to teach turbo kick? I am but haven't taught it in over a year. I miss teaching it. What a great high you get from teaching such a fun work out!!!!
    My fav thing about Chalene is that she says MISTAKES BURN CALORIES- so you don't feel like you're being judged for punching the wrong way because you're still MOVING! and her great positive energy, and the music and that exercise can be FUN!
  • nmoreland
    Options
    Angie 04 - I am not sure about everyone else, but I am just following my own schedule, and I think some people are following the turbo jam schedule. We are all at different points in turbo jam, so it is just a matter of coming up with a plan that works for you, and then posting on here what you did. You can see that some people post just what they did that day and others post a little more on some days. We try to do weigh ins and measurements on sunday or monday as well.

I try to just enjoy my turbo jam and take each day at a time!

I think my fav turbo jam workout is cardio party 3, but I find that I like parts of cardio party 2 as well. I also really like the 20 minute workout when I wantt to get something in but I don't have a lot of time.

I did 35 minutes of weights yesterday. We went to hang out with family. We were unsure of the exact time we would be getting together, and instead of just getting in the shower and getting ready, I decided that I did not care if we ended up being late, but I was going to get a workout in since I knew it would not happen at night when we got home. The timing ended up being perfect, and I felt good about myself.

Thank you to all of you for the support!! Happy Sunday!
  • hemlock2010
    Options
    Hi, Angie. I think everyone on this list is probably more or less in the place you describe--we do really well for a while, and then life intervenes. So basically we're all here to cheer each other on and to help each other stay on track through all the things that would usually throw us off. Just knowing that somebody else cares whether you work out or not makes a huge difference.

I'm like you--my instinct is to go to food for everything, and the more stressful my life is, the more I want to curl up in a ball and eat chocolate. I started with 75 pounds to lose, and a hip measurement of (yikes!) 52 inches, so don't feel shy about posting your measurements. We will immediately forget your starting numbers and just be happy for you with every lost inch.

My favorite is PKJ, but I also like Cardio Party 1. I've been avoiding Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt b/c I'm a wuss, so my goal for this week is to do both of them. I did Ab Jam today.

Thanks for the encouragement about Turbo Sculpt, Noelle. I'm still really intimidated!

i'm not sure where everyone is or where to start...but i couldn't b more happy that i found this place...i bought turbo jam in 4/2008, did it for a little while and found out I was pregnant again...so i stopped it of course...after i had the baby i just never could get back into the program...yes i've done it here and there...i'll do it for a month and then something happens in my mind and i quit...my willpower is nonexistent...i turn to food for everything...i started mfp on 3/5/11 and have since then lost 3lbs...so i have 87 to go...can someone help me and let me know what i have to do here... :smile:
  • merzback
    Options
    Hemlock- seriously- ab jam and turbo sculpt are not that bad. You can even do the sculpt with NO weights. Start with 1 lb or nothing- When I started I started with 2 1/2, I eventually got up to 8lbs. Now I haven't done it in a while so I'd prob use 5 :)
    Also, try ab jam just standing 10 minutes at first!
    I hate ab workouts for the most part!
  • nmoreland
    Options
    I'm like you--my instinct is to go to food for everything, and the more stressful my life is, the more I want to curl up in a ball and eat chocolate. I

Me too!! I especially noticed it this past two week. As my stress increases with school, I just wanted to eat, and I don't care what it is!!
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hey...am i in the turbo team????? I did 20min workout around 5:30...feel great!!!!!
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Hey everyone, just finished my Punch, Kick and Jam - I LOVE it - so far I think it's my favorite workout! I burned 418 Calories and I am loving Turbo Jam more and more!