Zig zagging calories. Is awesome!!!!!

Options

Replies

• healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers awhile back., people on the boards there called this the Wendie program. Where you would do that with your points, which is basically the same thing with the calories. It worked on a lot of people who were stuck in a rut. I think if you google it you can find more info.

just about to say that.....

two questions on zigzagginf though -

the OP's total for the week is 9,500 calories, whereas if the goal is 1200 a day then it would be 8,400, therefore an additional 1100 calories will be eaten which i assume must be worked off in exercise. Is that right? I am on 1200 cals a day, and using the web calculator given my low days were around 1050 calories.

secondly, from what I recall of the Wendie plan, the order you did the days was crucial - the idea is to shock the body into not knowing whether it is to eat loads or starve. So the superhigh day needs to be followed by a superlow day. You can choose which day you want the superhigh to start on, but must follow the order.

this website explains how it works there, you just have to subsitute the WW points with the calories given by the other site (unless someone knows how many calories are in each old-style WW point):

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahealthylifestyle/WendiePlan.html

hope that helps!!!

From what I remember from the old way it was about 50 calories per point, but it depended on calories, total fat, and fiber
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this info and the link. I will be trying this out ... but oneques the calories on the site are much higher then on MFP ... why?
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    oops double post
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Bump!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oooo bookmarking! :D
  • dawn454
    dawn454 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump!:smile:
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    this is great. Thanks for sharing. Definitely bookmarking so that when I hit another plateau I can try
  • moonshine_bek
    Options
    bump (my first) :blushing:
  • moonshine_bek
    Options
    bump (my first) :blushing:
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • mazg61
    Options
    bump
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I've been in the same 2-pound range for the last MONTH and I'm going CRAZY! I've tried changing exercises, not exercising, eating back calories, not eating them back, increasing my daily calories, decreasing -- I'm running out of possible options! So this is my next plan of attack -- thanks :smile:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    We really need a like or favourite button ..............Please MFP
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • ceige333
    ceige333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you... I love this link!
  • lmburi
    lmburi Posts: 22
    Options
    I've been planning to try that this week, so I'm glad to know it works! Do you really not eat below 1200? I sort of figured that the goal was to even out for the week at whatever your weight-loss calories are, so that if I'm supposed to be consuming 1200/day, then I should still make it out with 1200 calories net/day for the week.
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mandakat17
    Options
    bump
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    good idea, i feel a little stuck, will try this !