Zig zagging calories. Is awesome!!!!!

Options

Replies

• nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Definitely going to try this when I hit a plateau. Thanks for posting ;)
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    great idea:smile:
  • mjames13
    Options
    bump
  • JoyfulJC
    JoyfulJC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank for this post :-) I have been stuck for the past month!
    I must admit, I do feel a little guilty as I havn't been totally honest with my tracking (I was, up until the last week or 2 totally honest!) though I have still been exercising.. just not quite as often as I was...

I feel a little vent coming on sorry guys....!

I think I may give this zig-zaggin a try, Im at a weird point -
    I have lost nearly a stone on here, and a dress size which is great
    For some reason though, I have become more relaxed recently and Im wondering if it is because my fist wedding dress fitting is in 2 weeks, and it is already a little big.

It sounds soo stupid but part of me is worried about becoming too small (for wedding dress alteration).. how bad is that - spesh since I still have 4lbs to lose to have a healthy bmi and 9lbs to my goal..

I actually feel better for admitting it, as stupid as it really does sound.. do any other brides worry about this??

I'm a soon-to-be bride as well but not until February 5, 2012 so I have a ways to go. I haven't picked out my dress yet but can imagine your concern with having to pay for additional alterations. My recommendation would be to continue to push towards your goal and concentrate on maintaining once there. The investment will be worth it in the long haul. Don't delay or make excuses for getting where you want to go quickly. Keep charging forward!
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am at a steady point and just went 900 calories over my goal yesterday! Usually I'm around 400 under. I had breakfast but am going to try a 24 hour fast today and see what happens.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I think I may give this zig-zaggin a try, Im at a weird point -
    I have lost nearly a stone on here, and a dress size which is great
    For some reason though, I have become more relaxed recently and Im wondering if it is because my fist wedding dress fitting is in 2 weeks, and it is already a little big.

It sounds soo stupid but part of me is worried about becoming too small (for wedding dress alteration).. how bad is that - spesh since I still have 4lbs to lose to have a healthy bmi and 9lbs to my goal..

I actually feel better for admitting it, as stupid as it really does sound.. do any other brides worry about this??

I had the same when I got married, they had to make loads of alterations which cost me loads :-( I just maintained it after that fitting though...it's easier to take clothes in than let them out so don't worry too much. I'm sure you'll look stunning :-)
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this helps or not, but I have been stuck for a while. I went to a conference the last 4 days and didn't have much say over my food choices. I also only worked out once...(unless you call outlet shopping exercise! :tongue: ) I ate more calories than usual and I couldn't (didn't ) say no to the cheesecake one night nor the alcoholic beverages (1 each night.) Today, I lost .4 of a pound. Doesn't seem like much, but it is more than I have lost in a while. I think I will be upping my caloric intake overall. Apparently, my body likes to be fed. :smile:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I do this automatically. I know it has worked for lowcarbing. Having higher carb days then dropping back down to 20 grams or so. Usually resulted in a loss. So i thought I would try this with calories.
  • brittanynwillis
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I'll have to keep this in mind.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks... Am stuck... Will try !!! Bump...
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amberama
    Amberama Posts: 17
    Options
    saving this tip for later!
  • farrah_eliza
    Options
    wow never heard of that.. Good idea to keep in mind :)
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Bump!
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    ♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lotushw
    lotushw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump

Haven't lost anything for a a couple weeks....argh! so I'll have to try this
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Honey listen. I am a wedding planner in Los Angeles and I have one piece of advice. DON'T schedule your fitting until 1 month before your wedding. Stress alone will cause you to lose weight and YOU WILL PAY FOR EVERY ALTERATION if you lose weight and they have to take it in again.

OkayI have two pieces of advice. You have to love yourself and take care of yourself. There are so many stressors (family, money, evil bridesmaids, rotten sisters, flakey florists) If excercising makes you happy and helps you relax do it, if getting a massage keep you calm do it. This is a special day that you want to enjoy so take time for yourself. And for goodness sake delegate. You can not do it all (and the day of you shouldn't be doing any of it), your mom can't do it all (she should be there with you if she is able). Get a month of coordinator or ask your MOST responsible friend to help out.

Other than that enjoy it! It goes so so so fast.
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info that this works with low carbing. I'm doing 40-30-30 and I've been trying to figure out how to apply this to my food choices. Do you worry about the glycemic index too-or do you just keep your carbs in check?