Day by Day Challenge- March Part 7

Options
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today, like I tell my daughter, you get a new 24 tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, but I expect most of the vets will come back again, too. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeing little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong 6 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I guess I'll start...
    My name is Leela. I live in the midwest and I am tired of the cold weather. I'm ready to go outside and walk by the river with my husband or take bike rides on the path with my daughter. But my favorite physical activity is Zumba. It's a fun way to burn mucho calories. Iam finally comfortable enough in my skinto wear my zumba shirt. I just recently placed an order for two more shirts.

This year, I was supposed to run my first 5K as a way to celebrate my 1 year anniversary after knee surgery. Unfortunately, instead, I'm injured again and it is unlikely that I will be running any races any time soon.

I hope we will get a chance to learn more about each other over time. Free free to share your interests, too.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Thank you Lee!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo I pray you get better soon!!! You've got the heart and soul of a warrior though and are an excellent inspiration!

My name is Jess. I just turned 29 and staring at 30 is tough for me. Also last year when I had bloodwork done, my good cholesterol was low, bad high, and higher BP than normal. I have two children who need me. A husband who wants to keep me around (for whatever reason) Lolol. This years blood work was TONS better!! Yay me! My daughter will be 7 this month, my son just turned 3. They are my babies. I have the greatest husband. Loves me unconditionally and spoils me way too much (I don't do dishes or laundry--eat your heart out!!) I'm ok with my body mostly except for my waist. For one it's pudgy and for two it's saggy. I am a pretty confident person. When I walk into a room I at least try to fake it, but not if my belly is hanging out!

Alright, so my goals for tomorrow~ March 1st:
    1.) water... Just as I did today!
    2.) TurboFire at 4:30 am
    3.) Calorie check.
    4.) all work on my desk complete before I leave!

Welcome all new folks! We've been here awhile but new faces are refreshing.
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi!
    Thanks for starting the new thread Leela! Hope your knees coming on well.

I'm Kim, I've been away for a few days but I'm back. I live in the UK. I tend to swing wildly between doing really well and really, really badly, usually in the space of 48 hrs. I’m hoping things even out a bit more this month; I’ve got high hopes for March.

This thread has been invaluable for me, I don’t think I would have done nearly so well with out it and the wonderful people on it. My goals tend to be very similar every day but it still feels like a real achievement when I meet them.

Tuesday’s goals:

1. Under on calories
    2. Walk & something else
    3. Water
    4. Draw

Have a great day everyone.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Thanks Lee for getting us going again this month! Hope your injury is healing well so you can get back in action soon.

I kind of disappeared through the second half of Feb. No real reason for it but now we're in a new month I'm back and intend to hang around! I'm Nam by the way. Have been part of this wonderful group since the early days and it's so fantastic with all the support here. Have done well for the past six months or so but feel like I've been slacking a little lately so have to amp it up so I can shake these last few pounds!

Tuesday goals:
    1. Training before work - already done. Have a calf strain so trainer really helped me out.
    2. Try and use the tennis ball at work over my calf but try not to embarrass myself too much using it!!
    3. In the office all day so no excuses not to get all my water in. At least 10 cups.
    4. Healthy lunch. Something green!
    5. Be productive.
    6. Either food shopping after work or iron shirts depending on my mood!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Morning lovely ladies.

March 1's goals:
    1. stay under my calories.
    2. stay hydrated.
    3. pilates/ core
    4. complete resistant band circuit

I'm so proud that I have only been drinking one can of diet soda a day. Sometimes, I don't even finish the whole can. I'll share it with my hubby or just toss it. I have been drinking more green tea. I never knew how much I would like it.
    I'll be on later.

Nam, its good to have you on board again. Those last few pounds are the most stubborn. They seem to want to hang on forever. You guys have such a special bond. They have been around for so long and don't want to part with you! :) You can do it sweetie, stay in the good fight!
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Great way to start the month, Leela! Hope things are going well with your leg....

Nam, good to see you back!

My name is Shannon, I'll be turning 26 tomorrow, and recently I started feeling like I don't have a whole lot to show for it, so I really need to crack down on myself to get various things done... I'm currently working as a substitute teacher and am waiting to hear back from the graduate school program at the University of Pittsburgh for library science. This means my finances aren't in the best place, which is making this process a little difficult in some ways. I'm trying to do what I can about healthy eating while staying within my financial means, though!
    2-28-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on sodium - 8 cups, but I went over by about 550, so really should have had more.
    2. Don't go over on calories, carbs or fat - In my diary, yes, but I had one treat I COULDN'T log because it's not from the US and doesn't have nutritional information, so it's hard to say for sure.
    3. Get back on that sit-up challenge! Week 2, Day 1 AGAIN. - No..... By the time I was thinking about doing it I was so tired I didn't think I'd be able to do it well.
    4. Gym, hopefully for both weight training and cardio - No..... Not even giving the lame excuse I have for this...
    5. Bed by 10:30 - Almost, lay down at ~10:35 and put my book down before 11

2-28-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Dishes x2 (Dishwasher & handwashed) - Emptied and refilled the dishwasher, no such luck with the handwashing.
    2. Finances - No. Had to wrestle with my desktop computer (where I have my financial program) ALL FREAKING DAY!!! It's about 6 years old, and wasn't that fast when I got it.
    3. Unpack from trip - No. :grumble: And no excuse for this one either! I shoulda been doing that while trying to run the antivirus stuff on the computer....
    4. Catch up with all ya'll's posts from over the past week and change :smile: - YES!! (Finally, something where I can say that!) Seems like a bunch of us have been struggling with goals, so let's all get back to work and maybe start giving each other little kicks in the pants when we need them?
    Since I did so little yesterday, today is basically going to be dealing with what I missed then:

3-1-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on sodium
    2. Don't go over on calories, carbs or fat
    3. Get back on that sit-up challenge! Week 2, Day 1 AGAIN.
    4. Gym, hopefully for both weight training and cardio
    5. Bed by 10:30

3-1-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Dishes x2 (Dishwasher & handwashed)
    2. Finances
    3. Unpack from trip
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thank you Lee for starting this:) Hope you get better soon!

My name is Beth, most people on here just call me Ravyn though or Rav:) It really doesn't matter I know who you'll are talking too LOL. I'm a married mother of 2. My son is 8 and my daughter is 5. I live in the Midwest and have seen grass outside again :D I'm excited cause that means it will soon be nice enough for me to go for walks again. I have a thyroid issue so every little pound I lose is a big deal to me as my body is fighting me losing them in the first place. I'm hoping that this is the year my doc figures out exactly what is going on and what we are going to do about it.

I love this thread and the people involved with it! It has helped me stay more accountable with my everyday things. Even my bad days don't seem so bad and I know with the support I get here that I'll try to not let everyone down. Mostly cause then I've let myself down and feel really bad about it. These girls help keep me motivated to keep trying.

Goals for March 1:)
    1. laundry
    2. dishes
    3. clean living room
    4. clean bathroom
    5. sweep all floors
    6. mop if there is time

Hope you all have a good day and a good start to March:)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Feb. 28:
    1. WATER!--Eh!
    2. Healthy choices.--Mostly
    3. Strive for a more positive mindset.--Doing better.

I'm Kathy and I will be 55 this month (the 8th). Can't believe I'm that old already! Where did the time go?
    Anyway--I share a house with my son (23), my oldest daughter (21) and her family--her boyfriend and their 8 month old son.
    Even though it is a big house sometimes it feels REALLY crowded.
    I work part-time as a Live Goods Merchandiser (I place and take care of the plants and trees at a Garden Center).
    I make jewelry--mostly wire and chain maille--as a hobby but would like to try selling some soon.

I did better this past month than I thought. I got really lazy at working out and at making healthy choices but I am only up a pound over last month so That's not too bad.

Goals for March 1:
    1. WATER!!! (still need to work on this!)
    2. Make healthy choices.
    3. Walk 1 mile and Yoga--already done.
    4. Walk amother mile after work.
    5. Get to bed on time!

Gotta get ready for work now. Have a great day, everyone!
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    1. Training before work - already done. Have a calf strain so trainer really helped me out. *DONE*
    2. Try and use the tennis ball at work over my calf but try not to embarrass myself too much using it!! *COMPLETELY FORGOT AT WORK BUT ROLLED AROUND IT AT HOME JUST NOW!!*
    3. In the office all day so no excuses not to get all my water in. At least 10 cups. *8 SO FAR*
    4. Healthy lunch. Something green! *BORING SANDWICH*
    5. Be productive. *CHECK HAD A CRAZY DAY BUT GOT LOTS DONE*
    6. Either food shopping after work or iron shirts depending on my mood! *FAIL BUT CAME HOME AND SORTED MY FLAT OUT*

So a semi-successful day today. Hope your first day of the new month went well!!

Wednesday goals:
    1. Stay under on cals.
    2. Lots of water.
    3. Pace myself throughout the day - absolutely loads of running about all over town to different meetings. I have no control over public transport so no point stressing about it.
    4. If calf is better go to pilates.

Feeling shattered today so going to head off to bed soon. Hope you all had a lovely day!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Goals for March 1:)
    1. laundry-Started
    2. dishes-done
    3. clean living room-started
    4. clean bathroom-done
    5. sweep all floors-fail
    6. mop if there is time-no time

Hope you all have a good day and a good start to March:)

Goals for 3/2
    1. Finish laundry
    2. finish living room
    3. sweep
    4. mop
    5. Grocery shopping

Hope you all have a good day!!! I'll try to get on here sometime again tomorrow but don't know if I'll have time.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Morning lovely ladies.

March 1's goals:
    1. stay under my calories. YES
    2. stay hydrated. YES, STILL DRINKING WATER NOW
    3. pilates/ core NO/YES
    4. complete resistant band circuit NO

Still only had one can of diet soda today. The rest was all water. I tried bellydancing and walked for 10 minutes. I am training again tomorrow, so I decided to skip the resistant band workout.
    I did a few other things that didn't make my list. I cleaned my tennis shoes and thoroughly cleaned the refridgerator.

March 2's goals:
    1. Do the best I can in zumba.
    2. Train smart, not hard.
    3. Make an awesome dinner for my husband (he has been so supportive, esp. since I got hurt)
    4. Organize dresser drawers.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Tuesday’s goals:

1. Under on calories - Yes
    2. Walk & something else – Yes tried the Jillian Michaels banish fat and boost metabolism dvd it’s a killer.
    3. Water – not as much as I would have liked
    4. Draw - No

Todays goals are the same as yesterdays:

1. Under on calories
    2. Walk & something else
    3. Water
    4. Draw

Hope you're all having a lovely day.
    Kx
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and would love to join a daily challenge! My name is Jenni and I have been yo yo-ing for the last 10 years or so. My biggest challenge is keeping a food diary so that is my number one goal for today!

1. Keep my food diary
    2. stay under calories
    3. exercise
    4. Drink my water

Can't wait to see how everyone does!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Hi Jenni!! Welcome. This is a great place and I hope you love it as much as we do!!! Logging is a very good thing. To be able to see what you are actually consuming is very eye opening!! Good Luck!

Alright, so my goals for tomorrow~ March 1st:
    1.) water... Just as I did today! /****YAY ME:drinker:
    2.) TurboFire at 4:30 am **** I did the Stretch 40.. It was spectacular!!!!:bigsmile:
    3.) Calorie check. *** I am VERY proud of myself.:happy:
    4.) all work on my desk complete before I leave! **** I did not, I could get off of MFP!!!!

March 2:
    1.) Finish the work. Just Log off of MFP and do it. It has to be done, thats why I'm getting paid!!!!
    2.) get on the water!!!! probably going to be a high sodium day with the meats I'll be eating since I'm trying to VERY low carb today.
    3.)LOW CARB-today is my rest day from TurboFire and I don't see me having the opportunity to do much of anything this evening so I'm going VERY low carb today.
    4.) Finish in the green, calorie wise today. NOMATER the carb thing. If I'm not in the green by bedtime I better find something to do to get me there.

Hope everyone has a happy humping day!!!!
  • SKismet
    Options
    Welcome, Jenni!

Pretty much complete and total FAIL yesterday....
    3-1-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on sodium - No where close.... Drank like 3 cups.
    2. Don't go over on calories, carbs or fat - :ohwell: For the sake of a blasted glass of milk! (Though the Oreos I couldn't say no to probably didn't help matters any....)
    3. Get back on that sit-up challenge! Week 2, Day 1 AGAIN. - No, again didn't think about it until I was too tired to do it justice.
    4. Gym, hopefully for both weight training and cardio - No, ran out of time....
    5. Bed by 10:30 - YES!! (The one thing I can say that about....)
    I'm not even taking the space to list my non-fitness goals to say I didn't reach any of them, because about half way through the day I was thinking about changing them to "Laundry and start taxes" because that's the way the day ended up going.....

3-2-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on sodium
    2. Don't go over on calories, carbs or fat
    3. Get back on that sit-up challenge! Week 2, Day 1 AGAIN.
    4. Gym, hopefully for both weight training and cardio
    5. Bed by 10:30

3-2-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Dishes x2 (Dishwasher & handwashed)
    2. Finances
    3. Unpack from trip
  • Denisefitpal66
    Denisefitpal66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Hope this keeps me accountable.
    1. 64 ounces of water
    2. keep diary and stay under calorie goal.
    3. A nice brisk 30 minute walk.
  • nam14uk
    Options
    Wednesday goals:
    1. Stay under on cals. YES
    2. Lots of water. COULD HAVE DONE BETTER
    3. Pace myself throughout the day - absolutely loads of running about all over town to different meetings. I have no control over public transport so no point stressing about it. YES
    4. If calf is better go to pilates. YES AND WENT TO LEGS BUMS & TUMS

Onto Thursday...
    1. Water throughout the day.
    2. Combat after work so leave on time.
    3. Be productive at work.
    4. Healthy food choices. Got to work on getting more greens in.

Happy hump day!!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! 6 months?!!! Wow... definitely never thought this would still be going. I'm Nicole and I'm 22 and a student at Penn State. I've been pretty MIA recently due to craziness with school but hopefully the work load will be less after spring break since I'm planning on getting a lot done then.

So ... I've been doing so good recently on the eating! Yesterday I did not do so well but I got back on track today! Although I still have dinner out tonight ... so hopefully that'll still stick. I'm gonna post goals for tomorrow now.

1. Healthy options.
    2. Gym after my second class.
    3. Response paper done early so I can go out.

Have a good night everyone!!
  • frubjious
    Options

1. Under on calories - No though was not as over as have been in the past
    2. Walk & something else -had extra long walk
    3. Water - No!
    4. Draw- Still no!

Welcome to the newbies!

Nam well done for upping you classes yesterday, glad to hear you managed to get out of your office OK.

SKismet I'm struggling with the water too at the moment. I'm hoping it'll get easier as the weather improves.

Jess - working out at 4.30?! Now thats impressive!

Sorry if I haven't been chatting as much as usual or commenting when you're doing well on the news feed (and you do all seem to be doing very well). One of my cats was put down on Monday, I'd had her since I was 16 and its come at the end of two really tough months so its kind of the final straw. I'm off work for a couple of days just to have a bit of a break.

Any way enough of the sad stuff and on to today:

Thursdays Goals
    1. Sleep in (already done)
    2. Work out
    3. Plan meals before going to the supermarket, try and get some green stuff in there too.
    4. Drink more water! Seriously I drank none yesterday
    5. Today I WILL come in under my calories

Hope you all have a brilliant day!
    Kx
  • SKismet
    Options
    K, thanks for the encouragement, and I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. :frown:

Don't have a whole lot of time this morning, so let's just say I didn't have a whole lot of luck with my goals yesterday....

3-3-2011 goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water
    2. Stay under on calories, carbs, and fats
    3. Gym
    4. Remember to wish my cousin happy birthday
    5. Finances
    6. Bed by 10 (Early morning tomorrow)