Day by Day Challenge- March Part 7

Options

Replies

• SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Running a little late this morning, so have to make this a short one.
    3-14-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium - Just made 6 1/2
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats - No, thanks to fats at dinner... Thing is, I skimmed off all the fat/oil, so I'm not sure this was true!
    3. Seriously, 200 sit-up challenge! Week 1, Day 1 -FINALLY! lol
    4. Bed by 10 - No, but I didn't get called to work today, so I made up for it by sleeping in.

3-14-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Be up from my nap (if I even take one) by 5 - No nap, so sort of? lol
    2. Finish updating and balancing the rest of my finances, including applying for some financial assistance stuff - No....
    3. While I'm at the above, start taxes, especially local since I KNOW I'm getting a little money back from those - No....
    Sticking with fitness goals only today because I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have at home.

3-15-2011
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats
    3. Gym
    4. Bed by 10
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    K- I thought about buying some mint leaves today to add to my water. Have you ever tried it? I didn't want to waste the money o something that I may or may not like.

Midday check in:
    March 15's goals.
    1. kickbox in the morning YES ALSO 3.43 MILES ON THE BIKE...GO ME!!!
    2. abs in the afternoon. ON IT RIGHT NOW!
    3 50 push ups in the evening (broken down into 5 sets of 10) WILL DO DURING BL
    4. log all my food YES
    5. drink more water. GETTING THERE
    6. go to bed early. STILL HOPE SO.

non-fitness goals that didn't make the list.
    1. go to the fruit market to restock...CHECK
    2. mop kitchen floor...CHECK
    3. 2 loads of laundry... CHECK
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Evening all! No idea why I keep disappearing from this thread. Time just flies by and with commenting on posts and logging my own food I don't seem to find the time. Anyway that will change...I hope!

Have been doing ok lately. Probably a bit too much of the wrong type of foods but have given myself a stern talking to and a kick up the backside so I've been back on track since yesterday.

Hope you've all been doing well. I'll catch up on all that I missed tomorrow and will check in again then.

Wednesday goals:
    1. Lots of water.
    2. No naughty treats when I go to visit my niece.
    3. Walk. Fast. Somewhere. Anywhere. To at least get some exercise done.

Going to try and keep it simple for now and hope that gets me properly headed in the right direction.

Have a lovely day and catch you all tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    K- I thought about buying some mint leaves today to add to my water. Have you ever tried it? I didn't want to waste the money o something that I may or may not like.

Hi Leela,

I've had really strong mint tea made for me a by a Moroccan friend of mine that was with straight mint leaves, it was a bit too much for me. Having said that I absolutely love twining pure peppermint tea made with bags. Its really light, smells refreshing, and is almost sweet but isn't sugary or saccharine. I like it so much I even have started substituting my second morning cup of coffee for one (that's high praise) and certainly all my afternoon coffee has been switched. It doesn't have the same bitterness as green tea and is more refreshing then camomile.

Hope that helps.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    what brand is the peppermint tea? is it something I can find in a regular supermarket? I have been drinking lipton's green tea with orange, jasmine and passion fruit. but I am always looking for a change.

Nam, have a great time with your niece! I decided to take a walk today too. My daughter and I walked to the library when she got of school. I don't know about fast walking though, she can't keep up. Where did you walk to?
  • Tarzi3
    Tarzi3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey All,

I am new here so I hope you do not mind me joining your little thread here...

So to start with here are my 3 goals for the day..

* Drink 2Ltr water
    * Burn 250cals
    * Not to eat any Chocolate/Junk Food at the tupperware party I am going to tonight..... epppp

Wish me luck!
  • frubjious
    Options
    Its Twinings, I'm in the UK where you can buy it in almost all supermarkets, I'm not too sure about in the USA.
    http://www.twinings.co.uk/discover-our-range/revive-and-revitalise/pure-peppermint/
    (I also wouldn't normally brew it for nearly as long as they suggest)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Hey All,

I am new here so I hope you do not mind me joining your little thread here...

So to start with here are my 3 goals for the day..

* Drink 2Ltr water
    * Burn 250cals
    * Not to eat any Chocolate/Junk Food at the tupperware party I am going to tonight..... epppp

Wish me luck!

Not at all, jump right in. Your goals look great. I hope you have a great time at the tupperware party. My sister sales tupperware and we always have a blast at her parties.

K, I will try to search for the tea. I just left the market today, but I will be turning on the weekend. Isn't it getting late out there? I'm surprised you're still on. You're quite the night owl tonight. j/k
  • frubjious
    Options
    Yup its way past my bed time just up replying to people for friends bachelorette party.

I've found the US site its http://www.twiningsusashop.com/herbal-tea.html I wouldn't get too worries about brand maybe try out herbal teas in a coffee shop and see what you like.

Any way must go to bed now or tomorrows going to be terrible.:yawn:

Hope you're all having a good day.
    Kx
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Got through all my goals. Going to set tomorrow's goals now as I know things are going to be hectic from the moment I wake up.
    Well, so much for getting in the bed early, that's the only one I missed!

K, thanks for finding the website, I will check it out tomorrow.

March 16's goals:
    1. 20 minutes of cardio before zumba, training after zumba.
    2. stay hydrated.
    3. abs workout from prevention magazine.
    4. read and relax in the evening.
  • SKismet
    Options
    Tarz - Welcome! Always great to see new members! :happy:

Leela - I know for sure that Twinnings is available in the states. It's good stuff, too! lol There are also a lot of fruit infusion "teas" coming onto the market these days that you could possibly try. (I know this because my mom drinks at least a full quart of tea DAILY, but always flavored.)
    Sticking with fitness goals only today because I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have at home.

3-15-2011
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium - Only 5. REALLY need to start working harder on this one.
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats - No, mostly due to a stupid cookie craving I couldn't manage to resist. :grumble:
    3. Gym - Yep! :smile:
    4. Bed by 10 - Not quite, but almost.

3-16-2011 fitness goals
    3. Week 1, Day 2 of sit-up challenge
    4. Bed by 9:30, early day tomorrow

3-16-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Go grocery shopping for essentials
    2. Pay student loan
    3. Shave legs (No one said last time this was TMI, so I'm again hoping it's not! lol)
  • poppy1979
    Options
    Hi everyone, i'm new here, its only my 2nd day and yesterday went okay,.... not great, as im typing i just remembered that sausage roll that i had, so i'm going to have to update my food diary, however, all else went well. i'm looking forward to the encouragement from everyone and hoping that i can give you some back. i used to be a female bodybuilder and fitness freak, i even worked in Curves, but when i met my ex partner, i put on the weight, i even left my job and took up a desk job!! so the weight piled on, however i am doing something about it now!! and with all your help x

1. Drink the recommended 8 glasses of water
    2. Do 30mins of walking, even to the shop
    3. Stay under my calories for today as i was over yesterday

Good luck everyone x
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for March 15:
    1. Water.--Not as much as yesterday but still good.
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.--Yes.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes.
    4. Get to bed on time.--No. (HAD to watch 'V'. Love that show!)

Another good day, for the most part. Found a large,slightly ripped bag of potting soil for half price at work and went back with a car and bought it. Also picked up one of the rolling containers I need for my portable vegetable garden. Getting ready for Spring!

Leela--you should be able to find Twinings in a store near you. Almost every major supermaket carries it, as well as other brands of teas. (My DD and I buy LOTS of different teas!)

I've been trying a little trick I read about in a Woman's World magazine--when I have a craving I make a fist. It's supposed to help you resist the craving and, so far, anyway, it seems to be working. I just hope I keep remembering to do it!

Goals for March 16:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.
    4. Get to bed on time.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    welcome tarz and poppy!!! :o)

Kim - I have also started subbing out my second coffee and afternoon drinks for some tea. Green tea though. I bought a ton! 300 bags! So glad that it's working out. It's helping me get some water in finally. YAY!

I'm so drained today, my only goal is to go to bed at a decent hour. The time change apparently is kicking my butt.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Poppy- welcome!

Had an amazing workout! I'm a little sore. I didn't train after zumba, but I did walk by the river for almost an hour. It was 63 degrees today and I couldn't pass up the chance to walk with my friend. My knee felt pretty good, it was the first time I have really walked on pavement since I hurt my knee. I did walk around to the library with my daughter, but its not that far away. I'm still chugging water! I will do the abs later and I have started reading. So my goals are in reach for today. I'll check back later.
  • SKismet
    Options
    Oops! Got a message there was an error after I first posted. :laugh:
  • SKismet
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

Welcome, Poppy!
    3-16-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water depending on my sodium - 7, so with the salt I had, yeah.
    2. Stay under on cals, carbs and fats - Yep! Even had room for an ice cream splurge! (Really though, that wasn't as bad as I expected....)
    3. Week 1, Day 2 of sit-up challenge - Yep!
    4. Bed by 9:30, early day tomorrow - Sort of. Was in bed, but had to talk to my mom on the phone, so didn't get to sleep until 10ish.

3-16-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Go grocery shopping for essentials - Yep
    2. Pay student loan - Yes, thankfully!
    3. Shave legs (No one said last time this was TMI, so I'm again hoping it's not! lol) - No, ran out of time.

3-17-2011 fitness goals
    3. Bed by 9:30, early day again tomorrow

3-17-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Run errands on my way home
    2. Nap, but up by 5 (5:30 at the latest)
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    March 17's goals:
    1. going walking even though I'm sore.
    2. go to zumba, hopefully, I won't as sore by tonight.
    3. drink up. its warmer so its a little easier.
    4. eat rationally.
    5. don't stress out about weighing tomorrow.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday 3/15
    1. Water to combat the retaining I'm doing.-eh...not bad but not as good as i should've been
    2. relax as to not make the cramps any worse.-did good there lol
    3. take daughter to dr's and remember that she needs to wear tennis shoes for her new insoles.yep:) She fought me on the idea of wearing her tennis shoes but now she loves them!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

Missed yesterday. So goals for today 3/17
    1. water
    2. clean kitchen
    3. go for walk. Temps in the upper 60s and some sun!!! Hello Spring I missed you!!!!! hehe My daughter even wants to go for a walk. I plan on walking from my house to the river walk then around that and will have to walk home:) hehe I'm making it more of a workout then I've done in along time now.
    4. watch my shows from last night. Hubby doesn't like Criminal Minds and I like both shows. hehe I love my DVR for that.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options