Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - March Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hehe, thanks! :D I did A LOT of exerice today, walked for 50 minutes, plus I have bowling tonight, :) I put in all my meals for today, and still have 700+ calories, I want something good to eat still :/ but can't think lol
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Cait-thanks!! I also much prefer outdoor activites...and anything for that matter..other than the gym! LOL. I am sure that you will find your "balance" ASAP, until then good luck and stick with it girly!

Melissa-a 10 minute mile for a half is awesome!! What are you gonna shoot for your personal goal on the "actual" half?? Also noticed you were making fries, do you have a good easy recipe for some healthy fries by any chance?

ahadja-welcome to the group!!! great job on your prgoress so far!! Like Cait said...feel free to add a mini goal for the last week and a half to March's list, or just follow along and post until April's list goes up!!

Mike-something with peanut butter and fruit will use up a lot of those calories, give you some good nutrition and not fill you up horribly! Good job with the walk today :)

AFM-still drinking my water, getting in my arm exercise and up to 4785/5000 on my cals burned for the month!! With 11 days to go...the 215 that I have left will be a piece of cake!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    hey all!

Just popping in - the weekends are crazy for me. I've been having a pretty good couple days (minus my rant) foods been on track still. Had a little binge-ish bit at my parents house last night. stayed over to carpool with the brother and I ended up munching on some cheezies and had two pieces of licorice. CONSIDERING - that my brother ate : two junior chickens & a med fry + a pack of ichiban soup AND a tray of tator tots when we got home, i will count my cheezies and licorice a victory. The trouble was I tried to eat my usual amount of evening food even though i worked out AND we were very busy at work. So I was pretty starving when we got home and I just kind of munched out. Did I mention my brother is like elite hockey player athlete? not fair hey? haha.

Anyway - had an awesome WO today, back to back classes again. Spin + Force. Fun fun. Tomorrow morning is my WI. I have to admit I had a peak on the scale a couple days ago and it was very encouraging!! I didn't plug it in here because I wasn't supposed to actually be on the scale! I'm really hoping to see 150 tomorrow! 149 was my goal for March and I'd be thrilled to make it earlier! i told myself I could get a new pair of lulu's if I reached 150 (10lbs from my Christmas weight) but I don't know if we have the funds at the moment anyway. Guess i get lots of time to decide which ones I want.. Ones to wear to school or ones to wear to the gym..hmm..haha.

Have a good sunday night, i'll check back tomorrow and read everyone's posts a bit better.

todays meals
    #1 - CEREAL (so angry, my parents didn't have eggs and I tripped) cinnamon pecan costco stuff
    #2 - 1/2c cheerios PWO
    #3- 2 pieces toast with 1/2c cottage cheese
    #4- leftover slowcooker stew
    #5- protein shake if hungry
    Tomorrow
    #1 - egg muffin (with egg white and sausage round mmm)
    #2 - apple with natty PB
    #3 - salad and tuna/or salmon burger
    #4- greek yogurt/berries/cereal
    #5 - squash tandoori soup (i know i've made this like every week! haha)
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey Girls :) Was under my calorie goals today :) I decided to treat myself to a drink, was nice for a change ^^
    Just planning my meals for tomorrow, oh! have any of you tried Hummus? I just started eating it & it's addicting! :D
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm SO EXCITED....AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!! I DID it!!!!!:drinker: 13.10 miles accomplished!!! I set out to run 12 miles but had a little left in the tank so I finished and completed the entire 13.10 miles! I have one last week to prepare for my 1/2 so next week I'm going to focus on my time. I went slow and took it easy-averaged 10:07/mile so almost 10 min miles...

Going to pick up some last minute veggies for dinner tonight. Hubby is going to grill up some venison burgers and I'm going to make some french fries...

Have a great first day of Spring :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Melissa

congrats!! thats amazing!! you must feel great!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Hummus is very good with pita chips, or pita bread...but beware of some of the store bought ones...they are not so great!

Hey Girls :) Was under my calorie goals today :) I decided to treat myself to a drink, was nice for a change ^^
    Just planning my meals for tomorrow, oh! have any of you tried Hummus? I just started eating it & it's addicting! :D
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    BUMPING :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!! just stopping in for a quick hello and selfish post, as they're now monitoring our internet usage at work, and since i always catch up and post at work, i'm limited now.. gonna have to learn to actually sit down at home haha...been reading thru and glad to see all the personal successes this month!
    AFM, the weight's been going back and forth between 151 and 153 lately, as i've been ignoring logging altogether and been totally snacking on things like girl scout cookies and finally fell victim to the dang cadbury eggs! On the plus side, I went running today for the second time this week..The other day I couldn't even make it thru 2 miles, whereas I've always been able to, even if i hadn't gone in a while, and was pretty down about it. Today I went again, determined for some redemption and while I kinda struggled i made it running thru 2.. I hadn't been paying attention to my run time, so today i decided to check it out, and was pleasantly surprised that i did those 2 miles in 20:44!! what? def a lot faster than i thought..and a good 10 seconds of that was walking as well.. so i walked 1 more mile then ran the last one and managed to get that one done in 10:10!! so even though work has been really stressing me out lately, i felt a big high today, and am excited about getting back out there this week!! that's about it for me.. hope everyone has a good last bit of the month, yay for spring!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Allie-CONGRATS on your successful run!! That is a great pace :) I am sure that you will be getting back to your logging and healthy eating in no time :)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think I might have been bumped out of the list, but I surpassed my weight goal for the month friday morning with a weigh-in at 199.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I had a rough weekend and I leave for Hawaii in 10 days. I am not sure I will see a loss this week even if I am super dilligent these next 4 days but we shall see. Has anyone tried to get as fit as possible in 10 days? What did you do? I am already cutting out all refined sugar, bread and alchohol. I plan to focus on veggies fruit brown rice and lean protein. I am going to work out every day this week.

Do any of you have any ideas for how I can slim down my tummy in 10 days? I know that I am already going to cut out a lot of things but I was just wondering.... Thanks!
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Hey Girls, any foods that'll curb my hunger? I'd like something filling, but not a lot of cal or fat,....
    Any suggestions? I seem to get hungry like an hour after I eat,.... :/
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls, any foods that'll curb my hunger? I'd like something filling, but not a lot of cal or fat,....
    Any suggestions? I seem to get hungry like an hour after I eat,.... :/

Hey Jim:

Best advice I have doesn't include low-cal so much as highly packed foods and eat frequently throughout the day. Start with something filling and protien-y for your breakfast (I like pb toast with banana or eggs and veggies), or fiberyness - like oats. For snacks, try out Greek yougurt (again, protein and filling) and veggies- stay away from fruits on their own - the sugar without other foods may make you hungrier. Instead, opt to have your fruit at the same time as lunch or dinner, so you can get the bump in energy (not to mention the tastyness).

Also try to eat frequently throughout the day. I do breakfast at about 8, snack at 10 or 11, lunch at 12, 1 or 2 and then 2 snacks between lunch and dinner (if I don't eat the 2nd snack, then I have something after dinner).

Aly- sorry I dont have anything for 10days. I've never done anythingon that short a time frame. Good luck!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I think I might have been bumped out of the list, but I surpassed my weight goal for the month friday morning with a weigh-in at 199.

Sorry I missed you on this before but CONGRATS!!!! Super awesome-tasticness! Sorry if you got bumped from the list (the beginning of the month is CRAZY up in here). But way to go on meeting your goal (and welcome to one-derland!)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I hope I can get the lifetime pass to onederland!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Jessyas - Incorporate strength training into my workouts in order to build more muscle while I'm burning the calories, keep learning new recipes and cooking for myself, get down to 133lbs or less!
    atrayubrandy - to lose 7lbs, drink 64oz of water a day, cut down on sugar, and quit diet soda. I also want to build lean muscle mass.
    lolahippie - to exercise at least 4 times a week, not binge, and to get below 134lbs!
    froggytank3- lose 10lbs, cut down on sugar, and stay under cals without eating exercise calories.
    Allie7383- get into the 140's, stay on schedule with TurboFire, get in at least 8 glasses of water/day, increase my running distance.
    KanCrav-152 lbs-strength train 4 days a week-only 3 caffinated drinks a day-80 oz water a day.
    Rachellynch83- Finish my 30day shred, be able to run 3 1/2 miles without stopping, try to eat the majority of my exercise calories, and stay below my calorie goals at least 29 days this month.
    Toshiette - go 120km/75miles this month and get comfortably into the 140s.
    mkingraham- lose 7lbs, run a 5k without stopping, strength train 3 days a week
    meagalayne- maintain between 125lbs and 128lbs, complete weeks 8 and 9 of HH 1/2 Intermediate Training Program, YogaFit 1 time/week, strength train 2-3 times/week, and eliminate sweetener use by the end of the month (eeek!)
    hizzle85- lose 8 pounds, complete the pushup and squat challenges, eat under/ right at my calorie limit, exercise at least 4 days a week, work on increasing my water intake, start the c25k program.
    eleanoreb- Get below 135 pounds, eat more veggies and less chocolate/candy
    Ngoat- lose 3 lbs, drink more water, cut down on my sugar intake and be sure to excercise at least one day of the weekend
    NicNac86 - lose at least 4lbs (avg 1 a week), drink more water, more Wii, more dog walks
    echoicmemories- down to 130lbs, lose 2" from waist and 1" from hips, continue workout plan with alternating days at least 4x week, increase elliptical to 15, begin C25K
    cheralicia - Walk to or from work (or both) at least 4 days a week, track on MFP 90% of the month, yoga 2x/week, start to love running!
    GuamGrly (Bethany) - continue to incorporate more fruits and veggies into my diet, drink my water, workout 3-4 times per week, and continue C25K training
    kristinlough- lose 6 lbs, exercise 5 days a week, water and/or tea only, no more white carbs, 20 pushups a day 3 days a week, plank for 60 seconds
    maggiemay131- stay on track with half marathon training, kick the Diet Coke habit, and reach comfortably into the 150's (162 current!)
    Lostalykat- Work out 4-6 days a week with my training, Make 1 new recipe a week, Track everything that goes in my mouth, try 1 new yoga class.
    shelsab-lose 5 lbs. Try 3 yoga classes. strength training 3x week. Try new clean eating recipes.
    Sams111- Get into 220's, Spin 3x a week, gym 5x a week, and increase calories.
    mamabearr- Lose 7-10 lbs. Try to work out at least 5 days a week (even if it's only for 20 minutes) and eat healthier.
    brittfam- continue to work out 6x's a week, more stength training, goal weight loss for this month is 8lbs
    emmarie1630- lose 4 pounds, at least 4x a week workout with strength training, lengthen gym time, tons of water- cut out diet soda, find wedding dress
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day
    edryer123 March Goal Weight is be under 140lbs and get to where I can run a full mile without stopping (almost there but still fighting weather outside)
    CaptainJim157to lose around 7-10 lbs, if I can, get at least 30-60 min of exercise a day, that's my main thing! And try and only have a pop once a week, instead of like, everyday
    Mary830- scale: lose 9lbs, jog/run 50 miles, track my food every day, and 64+ oz of water a day.
    Meggonkgonk: Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious).
    jnlynch- lose 5 pounds (be at 118 lbs), workout at least 4x a week; completing my 30 Day Shred & starting the 6 Week Six-Pack, & eat breakfast on weekdays.
    rmarin18- scale: lose 5 lbs, non-scale: Drink at least 72oz of water a day & strength train 2x per week.
    prila13-5 lbs weight loss, Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day. (I have only been able to reach 2 so far LOL), Be able to walk 3 miles per day by the end of March.
    gofatties-make it to hand stands class 1x a week. and to cut down on late night emotional eating.
    Huni3bee-lose 10lbs, drink 10 cups of water a day instead of 8, and when I walk home I'll take the long way home instead of the shortcut... I'm also going to try and cut back on sugar, I'm going to actually push my self when working out no matter how bad it burns.
    Paigeb15: Drink at least 48 oz of water a day, Maintain 110-115 lbs, Make myself go walk at the park down the street on my lunch on nice days, less alcohol
    wardiemelissa-continue to maintain between 120-125 lbs. ; continue to follow Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training (starting week 9-race is on April 2nd); continue to find and try out new recipes for dinner at least 4 nights a week; make time for my family :o)
    Finncmh- see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive on new people on here giving honest opinions and input.
    JacciLatt5- Ive never done this before but here it goes. I want to do the 30 Shred Dvd this month; eat less processed foods; try atleast 2 new workouts; be down @least 4 lbs
    kbellnurse - Get into the 140's! (lose at least 4lbs), workouts 4x/week (at least), school work on EVERY school day - make it to church for at least one Sunday.
    NLG139-I would like to lose 4lbs in March, drink 64oz of water a day, and get in my long runs every weekend (I'm training for a half marthon in May).
    Whitneysaenz - Lose 7 lbs (GW for March 31st: 160lb), drink at least 64oz of water a day, eat more vegetables, and exercise at least 4 days per week!
    DowntimeDesings-Start and stick with insanity workouts
    SexyInASizeSix-lose 15lbs, and drink 10 glasses of water per day
    tjradd73-to lose 6lbs, drink 80ozs of water/day, 3 days of arms/week, and burn at least 5,000 calories/month
    rivingtonst-I'm doing the 4x4, haha, In the next 4 weeks I will: lose 4lbs, workout 4x week, and make 4 new recipes.
    stuartme123: Check in with this thread 3-4x a week.- 30 min of cardio 4x a week - Continue C25K - reach W4 by Spring Break! - Curb unhealthy snacking - - Add veggies - Try one new healthy recipe a week - Lose 1lb a week and maintain over Spring Break for a total of 3lbs. MarchSW = 155.4.
    hilhall822: up the water intake- be better about precooking meals so I don't snack all day!
    runteachrun-For the month, I want to lose 15 pounds!
    peachyxoxoxo-stop bingeing. Work out 3-4 days a week. Track ALL foods every day.
    crystalfaith - workout at LEAST 4 times a week! Lose 5 lbs. Start eating more veggies and fruits :)
    mmahabee- get a fitness routine worked out so I can maintain my weight and tone my body
    bstamps12- Lose 4 lbs, bike 60 minutes straight, bike 9 miles straight.
    CurriedGrasshopper - (Jenn) - I'd like to lose 3lbs, continue with p90x, and focus on drinking more water and less diet coke.
    gymgirl12- lose 5lbs (be at 145) Increase cardio time, starting working more core exercises, watching what I eat and limit snacking (especially chips).
    weslfuss- to lose 10 pounds (though honestly I'll be happy if I can just make it to 5-7), Drink more water, work out at least 4 times a week. no drive-thrus or soda!
    HotMamaof2Boys: I want to lose 5 lbs., stop getting any fast food or soda. I really, really want to try to workout every morning Mon. - Sat
    nausicaa11: Lose 5 pounds and exercise 6 days a week.
    Jbars11- C25K starting this week....staying consistent with logging EVERYDAY even if I know I'm over, making sure I'm getting my water and losing 4 pounds this month.
    kvr414: lose 5 lbs, limit fat intake 35-43 g/day, establish a HIIT/distance running rotation.
    lm235141- scale - 7lbs, workouts - at least 3 dance classes a week and 3 other workouts, food - bigger healthier breakfasts so i don't need to snack so much during the day.
    talazws- fill out the paper work I need to go to the gym/pool at school...and then actually GO at least once a week!
    ahadj- walk every day, go to the gym at least twice a week, get down to at most 3 diet cokes a week, drink 8+ glasses of water a day, and get into the 140s for good!!
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    Hey

Megan- do you mean toning in terms of exercises, plank etc, or dropping pounds? If you erally want to drop pounds quickly, i'd suggest no carbs such as pasta, bread, potatoes at dinner..although seems like that may be hard with all your triathlon workouts

I am so bad at responding to everyone!! Sorry. But I like reading what everyone's doing ! Reading about everyone's runs and hikes and workouts got me motivated.

It was finally warm out so I went running both Sat and Sunday, did 10k and then 9km. Felt a bit slow, but not bad. I feel in much better shape than i did last year. So ncie to finally get out, after running on the treadmill for the past months.

I reached my March goal today of being under 135..so i'm pretty happy about that. Really kicked my exercise into higher gear, as I felt like i was starting to plateau. So far so good... Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Elenorreb- I am actually Aly, but it's ok we have a lot of megan's on here. I guess I want to try to tone and drop a few pounds. I am going to focus on Brown rice and just really do veggies mainly. I also always do oatmeal and I didn't do it this morning but I can really tell because I am starving. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey everyone, I hope you had a good weekend, I splurged a few times on meals but did some big workouts, at this point I never know what the scale might say after a few cheat meals, it can really go either way with how much training I do. I have been eating really well this morning to jump start my 10 days of clean eating and no alcohol to help me look extra svelte at the beach. I know I am going to look good, It is hard since I went shopping and my stomach was not looking as tones as I wanted it to. I am thinking I might do a 6 pack workout I saw a few times a week to try and fix that. I am still really excited about hawaii and I have so much to do before that!

I promise to catch up more when I have the time and not be so selfish. I hope everyone is having a great day!

-Aly
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    Sorry Ally!! Yes so many megan/meagans

Oatmeal for breakfast is good, keeps you full longer I find. Carbs at breakfast and lunch are good, specially brown/whole wheat stuff, but less good to have around supper and in the evening!

I am jealous of Hawaii..sounds awesome!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I am totally lost with the thread at this point... Just wanted to chime in and say hi - Hope everyone is doing well and I haven't forgotten about you all. Missing you dearly and can't wait to get back into the swing of things.

I haven't had time to log ANYTHING lately - Life is just ridiculous. I worked a 12 hour shift today straight through at Canada Post (one hell of a favour for a friend...) and worked at the bar all weekend. Turns out there was a stabbing outside the bar last night and three men were taken to hospital with serious injuries. Makes me wonder - how did I end up here? :noway: I'm an educated, intelligent, resourceful woman. Very frustrating some days to be living this nightmare (career-wise, anyway) day in, day out. Here's the news story if you're interested: http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/504475--three-men-in-hospital-after-downtown-altercation

Anyway, I'm going to Ty's tonight to just forget about my life for a while, as Billy Joel would say. I'll be back tomorrow hopefully... Hope everyone else is doing MUCH much better. Love :heart: