Senior Golden Sneakers -March 2011

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Did level 2 of the 30 day shred today, but have no idea how many calories I burned, unless my pedometer is right and I only burned 32 calories. All that hard work and only 32 calories................ :explode:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    ...IRENE SAID
    Hello, everyone. Just a quick note to let you know I am fine, but I won't be on MFP much except for tracking food and exercise I have just found that I have too much going right now .... not because anything is wrong. Love you all!
    Irene, I'll bet many of us identify with your decision and the reason for it! And we understand and accept your need for more time. Just know we will love you, here or not, and be very happy if you can just check in occasionally to let us know all is well! :love: :love: :love:
    Buzz...and everyone else!

And SANDY, if the pedometer is the OMRON...those 32 calories were strictly your aerobic calories. Click on the various modes and yours may have different types of calories or step modes! I was very upset after a long period of exercise until I read my booklet again and checked out the aerobic mode versus different types of movement. Aerobically, it doen't count calories until after the first 10 minutes of steady movement (actual steps, only!) so knee lifts, and other types of movement are not registering! :ohwell:
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note...will check back later but wanted to share with you - a typical kiwi bloke.

A plane passed through a severe storm. The turbulence was awful, and things went from bad to worse when one wing was struck by lightning.

One woman lost it completely. She stood up in the front of the plane and screamed, 'I'm too young to die,' she cried. Then she yelled, 'If I'm going to die, I want my last minutes on earth to be memorable! Is there anyone on this plane who can make me feel like a WOMAN?'

For a moment, there was silence. Everyone stared at the desperate woman in the front of the plane. Then the man from New Zealand stood up in the rear of the plane.

He was handsome, tall, well built, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Slowly, he started to walk up the aisle, unbuttoning his shirt as he went, one button at a time. No one moved. He removed his shirt. Muscles rippled across his chest. She gasped…..

Then, he spoke…...
    'Iron this will you -- and then get me a beer.'

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lol He could be from here too!
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hubby is sick tonight. Chills and achy. We weren't able to attend our function tonight. I am sorry that he is sick and disappointed too!

Judy-That was funny! Typical of a lot of guys -worldwide.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i have to say that I am fortunate with my guy.:love::love:

Irene- I second Buzz's motion about your time and we feel here.:wink: Be Safe..Be Happy.

Can't stay on here long..have to see about hubby.

Here is another plane related thought...:laugh:
    :laugh:
    If you can't afford a doctor, go to an airport.

You'll get a free x-ray and a breast exam.

And if you mention Al Qaeda, you'll get a free colonoscopy. :laugh: :tongue:
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You guys are toooooooooooooooo much! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I laughed so loud the wrestling crew downstairs (who are not quiet) wanted to know what I was laughing at! Keep 'em comin', I love it!

Lynn, I'm so sorry about your hubby! How disappointing. I hope it's just a 24-hour thing.

Well, I had mostly liquids today and my tummy definitely is smaller and feels better, just hurts lower which means it's working its way through. This was one of those days where I repeated, "It is what it is and I'm making the best of it", and "things could be worse, lots worse" and "except for this autoimmune crap you're very healthy, Dee", over and over. Keeps me from having a pity party. Then I get on Sneakers and laugh and laugh!!!!! :laugh:

Well, I think that's it for me tonight. I'd love to stay up here and read all the posts from you late birds, but I'm going to curl up in my bedroom with my book and a WW ice cream bar. I've earned it!!!!!

Talk to you tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Irene I think Buzz said it all. You will be miss. Just know that we are here for you . I so enjoy your stories about alaska. and your little grandaughter. What a Sweetie. Love Marie
  • judz46
    Options
    Hi again - yes, Connie I definitely remember Dion and the Belmonts..I'm singing Runaround Sue right now (lucky you cant hear me) . I've got a lot of that older music on my walkman - makes going on the treadmill a lot more fun.

Marie - NZ apples. It's a pity you weren't a bit closer and i could give you some - we used to live across the road from an orchard which grew apples, pears and rock melons for export and were always given the rejects..nothing wrong with them but were rejected if they were too large or a bit misshapen..taste the same though. Funny how you take things for granted when it's all around you. We were given a carton of apples and pears the other day so very handy for me at the moment.

I had a very unsettled sleep last night - awoke to a siren about 1am - I'd never heard the noise before so was imagining all sorts of things...maybe the tsunami on it's way (it was supposed to arrive at 8am but didn't) I put the TV news on and they had breaking news about the nuclear reactor...a bit nervous on my own with hubby being away and jake going home for the weekend but felt safer when daylight came.

I hope your husband gets better soon Lynn...loved your joke.

Phoebe...keep on truckin

Love to each and every one of you...talk to you tomorrow.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    My last post for today... It's been devastating watching the tsunami pictures coming in on CNN tonight. People escaped to higher ground just as 30 foot walls of water swept away their town. The reporter mentioned that there was quiet cooperation and NO looting at all; perfectly organized! If only the world could be that way, and we might all get along and help one another- - -wasn't that a Beatles song ? Actually, they tended to be idealists, I think. At least I could understand the lyrics of their music, and hum the tunes, which seems pretty rare today!

JUDY, you hit the mark with your guy in the plane! :laugh: Most men seem to need a mother, a cook and homemaker, someone to plan their lives without intruding on it, and a lover...pretty much in that order! Of course OUR men are the exception, but you know what I mean, right? PHOEBE appears to agree, too!

LYNN...too bad about your guy feeling so bad! We all hope it's a 24 hour thing and he'll be up and about tomorrow! Just try to not catch it yourself, dear lady! :noway: By the way, loved your "airport" advice. Clever :bigsmile:

DEE, Great attitude about "pity parties"; I actually know a few people to whom I'd like to relate your attitude! Otherwise lovely people, but an underlying need for sympathy, as well! I think we all could use a touch of empathy, but pity???:noway: Hope your book lulls you off to a good night's sleep :yawn::yawn: :yawn: ...

MARIE: we will all be nodding off with relief for you, Alice, and all who know and love you! :smooched: You are a dear and loving woman, and it's a delight knowing you! :love: :love: :love:

Now I shall post my diary and follow Dee's example, have Mike drag off my darn compression hose (Ooph!) and read myself to sleep. Sounds great :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    'Nite all.....
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    came in to close this PC down. Thougt i would swing by here. I will say good night and join all you fine lady Know Buzz and Gi gi are in bed along with some of the others. . It is 10: 25 PM here and really pased my bedtime
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: a quick hello.....walked the dogs at 5:30 AM......rode the exercise bike while waiting for passengers to arrive for our event today....spent the next seven hours mostly sitting........lunch was sloppy joes and potato salad (calories and sodium very high :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ) spent a lot of the the rest of the day walking and jogging in the house so I'd have my 10,000 steps:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: I loved both of the airport jokes :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • judz46
    Options
    This made me smile...hope it's not too early in the morning for it.

Yesterday my daughter asked why I didn't do something useful with my time.

She suggested I go down to the senior center and hang out with the guys.

I did this and when I got home last night I told her that I had joined a parachute club.

She said "Are you nuts?

You're almost 75 years old and you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I proudly showed her that I even got a membership card.

She said to me, "You idiot, where are your glasses!

This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club!"

I'm in trouble again and don't know what to do!

I signed up for five jumps a week!

Life as a senior citizen is not getting any easier.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Okay, I was going to bed and then read Judy's joke and now I am awake from laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Wasn't too early for it, it was too late. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    We had a great time at Blue Man Group and the dinner that followed.

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02376.jpg

Time to change the clocks and put my head on the pillow.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Yahoo, I bought the appliances and was too late for your advice, Sandy! I may regret my decision but I went with black. Our fridge is white but has a some black on it (where the water and ice are) so thought that would look fine. The compacter is black and hopefully not being replaced. I had settled on stainless steel and then couldn't get the oven that I wanted. The only oven that fit our spot was only in black or white. Our cabinets are oak so the black should look fine. I have had a side swing door for so many years that I know I would find it hard to go back to a pull down door. The side swing door is so much easier when you have short arms!! Ok, I should just say when you are on the short side as I am! I went with KitchenAid for the dishwasher and cooktop and went with the induction cooktop which means I need to get new pots (sad, I know). I seriously looked at Bosch but looking at reviews and talking to the salesman found that getting parts was sometimes an issue. I loved the Bosch cooktop. Just happy to have the decision made. Dave wanted it to be here in 2 weeks and my delivery date is Mar. 31 so that is very close I would say. Next purchase will be a kitchen table. I want a smaller table. We have a huge dining room table (well over 100 years old, Dave's grandparents table) so a table and 4 chairs is all we need in the kitchen. Hmm, spending money like I have it!! :wink:

Neil and I went out for lunch today and then to a movie. He loves Adam Sandler so I took him to the new A. Sandler movie. Neil thought it was very funny. It did have some laugh out loud moments so it was fine.

Judi -- Funny story. My mil came back from Mexico (she was in her 80's) with pictures of her para-sailing). After we picked up our jaws we joined her in her excitement about it. 80 seemed so much older then!!

Thinking of you all. Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneakers!!

I want you to know that thanks to my Android phone I can now catch up on reading MFP & other surfing when I can't sleep without getting out of bed, so I guess it could be said you are all here with me, Bradley & Pepper!!! LOL. Edited to add: No wonder it seems crowded in here!!

The jokes were hilarious!

More later.

Barb
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I'm struggling with my back today. Haven't been able to exercise for 3 days and I'm really grumpy! I'm hankering after cheese on toast, but I know I wouldn't stop at one slice if I started!
    I shall watch the rugby this afternoon .
    Basil seeds have germinated so I've sown some coriander. I can't wait to be able to get into the garden.
    Oh Layla, new kitchen stuff!My favourite sort of spending!
    Judy, where do you find them all! I got coffee all over the keyboard!
    This is one of my favourite jokes. No offence intended!

This is the actual radio conversation (released by the chief of naval operations) of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.

CANADIANS: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision"

AMERICANS: "Recommend YOU divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision"

CANADIANS: "Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision"

AMERICANS: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course"

CANADIANS: "No, I say again, you divert your course"

AMERICANS: "This is the Aircraft Carrier USS LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north. I say again, that's one-five degrees north, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship"

CANADIANS: "This is a LIGHTHOUSE. Your call"
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Goo morning Sneakers. O h woe is me and the daylight saving time. . Do you gals overseas hve to chAnge to daylight saving time. ??It will take me six months to get used to it and time to change again.

enjoy the jokes.

Just a fly over this morning. See you guys later!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Judi, Judi, Judi!!!!! What a great way to start my morning!!!!! Will be back later after Mass. :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Gorgeous 73 degree day here in the Sunshine State! Hope to get out to enjoy some of it. Did heavy duty cleaning this morning, floors and all, to work of my guilt at eating a waffle this morning! Actually, I make them from Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Mix, and they don't look so bad in my diary, but WAFFLES??? I feel guilty and full! And loved every morsel, and after all. it IS Sunday!

Judy, as usual your jokes are hysterical. And
    Old tyke (what IS your shorter name?) you blew me over with that Lighthouse command!!! LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good morning Sandy, Marie,,Barb (always nice when you post!), and every body I may have missed, though not too many around today! Must get my news off the internet since local Sunday papers have nothing much more than local news and advertising!

Have a wonderful day, evrybody...and is GIGI offline while in Florida?

Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Buzz, Oldtyke is Judi, she gave us the lighthouse joke. :laugh: :laugh: Gigi is with her ailing mother so I don't think she is near her computer trying to get things done right for her. :heart:

Marie, it takes me a day or two to get my bearings right with daylight savings time, but last night it was hard since I stay up late or early depending how you look at it, so it was 2am before I went to bed and then I couldn't fall asleep. Today I am tired but must do day 2 of my 30 day shred.

Everything is working and I lost another pound so I am excited!! Two pounds to go before my first goal and once I baste in that a while I will set another goal. :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great Sunday!!