Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    ugh. my husband needs to stop with the takeout. He eats crap about every meal of every day and it really affects what I eat. He brings stuff home and then I feel obligated to eat at least some of it. I don't think he ever eats food from home. And he gets irritated with me if I say I don't want fast food or takeout or that he shouldn't get it so much. I would eat fast food / take out maybe only 1 time a month on my own. The combined awful effect of all the calories and the cost is awful. At least tonight I convinced him not to order me something that I would just eat a couple pieces of his sweet and sour chicken.

Not to mention that I have a hard time throwing it out if I know how much of our grocery budget went to it! Like left over pizza etc...

I have a similar problem. My husband constantly talks me into bad food choices. I could easily ignore him and resist before I was pregnant but now he plants the seed for whatever the bad food of the day is and I can NOT let it go. We can neither afford it nor do either of us need to be eating it. Yesterday after our appointment he wanted to get something to eat. I wanted to go straight home and eat (healthy) leftovers. He kept complaining that we needed cat litter & finally guilted me into going to the grocery store.... where we bought cat littler, frozen pizza, and ice cream (oh, and a pack of prepared Indian food with paneer I had been craving :tongue:). Of course it wasn't against my pregnant-woman-will or anything, but I was irritated I let my dinner go from meatloaf and green beans to pizza. I ended up okay calorie wise because I hadn't eaten much earlier, but those definitely weren't healthy calories. :ohwell:
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My husband is actually the total opposite. He actually makes me feel pretty guilty about making bad food choices. The thing is that he's not all that healthy. He will want pizza and icecream, but he expects me to be really controlled about it. He doesn't realize that if there is a half gallon of icecream in the freezer, I'm not going to be able to resist. We don't have bad foods in the house all the time, but when we do I keep chipping away at them all day until I've wrecked my nutrition and gotten rid of the unhealthy thing by devouring it. But yeah. I actually get kind of annoyed with him when he gets all judgy about my food intake. I know he just cares about me and the baby, but he's no saint!

I am so excited. I got an email today from amazon telling me that someone purchased something from my registry that would be coming soon. I checked it out and a good friend from back home got us a pack of baby washclothes and the playmat we registered for. That playmat was really expensive too. I figured if we got it we got it, if we didn't we didn't. Gotta love registries! Here's the link to the mat: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Treetop-Friends-Activity/dp/B0042RU2SW/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3HDXWO56KHO6&colid=3D1NPDSX8MEEN . I'm excited that it's not all crazy and, for lack of a better word, tacky like a lot of them are. It's simple and cute without all of the bells and whistles. I have such a hard time picking out things like playmats and bouncers and stuff. I just look at them and say to myself, no wonder ADD is so prevalent today! hehe.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    ugh. my husband needs to stop with the takeout. He eats crap about every meal of every day and it really affects what I eat. He brings stuff home and then I feel obligated to eat at least some of it. I don't think he ever eats food from home. And he gets irritated with me if I say I don't want fast food or takeout or that he shouldn't get it so much. I would eat fast food / take out maybe only 1 time a month on my own. The combined awful effect of all the calories and the cost is awful. At least tonight I convinced him not to order me something that I would just eat a couple pieces of his sweet and sour chicken.

Not to mention that I have a hard time throwing it out if I know how much of our grocery budget went to it! Like left over pizza etc...

Mine is same way, but he normally makes bad choices at lunch when he’s working. He’s pretty good about not brining junk into the house. It helps that he loves my cooking, so the meals we eat together are usually healthy.
  • ron2282
    Options
    I saw my baby today! :bigsmile: Everything looks great; he/she was wiggling around for the ultrasound. We got to hear the heartbeat, 175 beats per minute. I’m already in love! :heart: :heart:
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    I saw my baby today! :bigsmile: Everything looks great; he/she was wiggling around for the ultrasound. We got to hear the heartbeat, 175 beats per minute. I’m already is love! :heart: :heart:

Aw! That is wonderful! I hope I get to see Emma again at some point, but for some reason I think we only get the two ultrasounds that we already got.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. I got an email today from amazon telling me that someone purchased something from my registry that would be coming soon. I checked it out and a good friend from back home got us a pack of baby washclothes and the playmat we registered for.

A friend of mine from NY had let me know she wasn't going to be able to make it to the shower, but that she was mailing our gift. I had to fix something on my registry anyways, and I happened to notice what she bought off of there.

My husband's aunt told me that I was cheating and that I shouldn't look at the registry anymore because I won't be surprised at anything I get. The packages arrived in the mail and she told me if I open them I'm spoiling the "surprise", even though I already know what they are.....she thinks I should save them for the shower and open em in front of everyone.

I'm not 7, I didn't peak at "Santa's" stash of Christmas gifts....

Do/did you guys save any gifts that came before your shower until the shower? Do/did you peak at your registry?
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. I got an email today from amazon telling me that someone purchased something from my registry that would be coming soon. I checked it out and a good friend from back home got us a pack of baby washclothes and the playmat we registered for.

A friend of mine from NY had let me know she wasn't going to be able to make it to the shower, but that she was mailing our gift. I had to fix something on my registry anyways, and I happened to notice what she bought off of there.

My husband's aunt told me that I was cheating and that I shouldn't look at the registry anymore because I won't be surprised at anything I get. The packages arrived in the mail and she told me if I open them I'm spoiling the "surprise", even though I already know what they are.....she thinks I should save them for the shower and open em in front of everyone.

Do/did you guys save any gifts that came before your shower until the shower? Do/did you peak at your registry?

I totally peak!! LOL I always know what I'm getting before I get it lol. However, my mom did tell me she went shopping this past weekend and begged me to please not look at the registry. So far I've been with her, or she's told me about every purchase she's made for the baby, and she wanted at least one thing to be a surprise. Soo...I'm trying to be good this week and not look at it. Good thing my shower is Sunday because it's about to kill me knowing there's something onthere that I can't see!!! lol And the secretary at school isn't going to be able to make it to the shower but gave me my gift...I opened it already too...no need to wait until the shower... :laugh: I don't need to be all traditional about that sort of thing.... Hey they were lucky I actually sent out thank you cards this time!! :laugh:
  • ron2282
    Options

I checked my wedding registry almost every day, I’m sure I won’t be any different with the baby registry. :laugh:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I saw my baby today! :bigsmile: Everything looks great; he/she was wiggling around for the ultrasound. We got to hear the heartbeat, 175 beats per minute. I’m already in love! :heart: :heart:

So exciting!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow, I seriously cant keep up with all the posts!

Welcome to all the newbies, and to the crazy neighboor...go get a life. My neighboor who is 77 years old and was a L&D nurse for 30 years called me on Saturday to see how I was doing. Her first two questions: 1. How much weight have you gained? 2. Are you planning to breast feed? I know she is doing it out of caring, but still, I felt like she was a little over the line!

My shower is Saturday, and I am getting so excited. Not many people could make it (only 9) but there is a lot of stuff bought on our registry, so I am guessing some people bought stuff even if they couldn't come! We are taking our SUV, just so we can bring it all home. I am not looking forward to the 7 hour drive each way, but it will be worth it to see all my family.

I am feeling very pregnant and getting uncomfortable. I was sitting at my desk this morning and was watching my belly strech out on the left and right side. I think that Ethan was doing stretches and pushing with his legs on the left and arms on the right. Then I watched an arm or leg go right across my stomach....very weird, and kind of makes me feel sea sick!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

My hubby is the same but he usually only does it for lunch. We eat out 1 time a week for dinner unless we have something special (like me last night with friends)... but i hate that he eats out for lunch every day so when I got pregnant he agreed to 25 dollars a week for his eating out. When he was done with that he had to pack a lunch. It has worked for us so far.

We went so far as I made him lunch every day (he won't make his own. he's lazy.) and I found out he was just leaving it in the fridge to rot and ordering fast food anyway. :angry: And a budget doesn't work. Once he spends all the cash he has (burns a hole in his pocket, he'll spend his entire paycheck between various things, since he gets paid cash) he'll just put it on the debit card... which is only my paycheck going in there and barely enough to cover bills, so that is another problem... I leave the credit card maxed (courtesy of you know who!) out just so he can't use it.

In the last two weeks he's probably brought home something he expects me to eat probably 6 times if not more. He thinks he's being nice bringing some cinnamon twists from taco bell (after i told him i ate already) even when i tell him multiple times i dont want anything. Then gets mad if I won't eat them, so I eat them, but I don't want them.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    My husband is actually the total opposite. He actually makes me feel pretty guilty about making bad food choices. The thing is that he's not all that healthy. He will want pizza and icecream, but he expects me to be really controlled about it. He doesn't realize that if there is a half gallon of icecream in the freezer, I'm not going to be able to resist. We don't have bad foods in the house all the time, but when we do I keep chipping away at them all day until I've wrecked my nutrition and gotten rid of the unhealthy thing by devouring it. But yeah. I actually get kind of annoyed with him when he gets all judgy about my food intake. I know he just cares about me and the baby, but he's no saint!

I am so excited. I got an email today from amazon telling me that someone purchased something from my registry that would be coming soon. I checked it out and a good friend from back home got us a pack of baby washclothes and the playmat we registered for. That playmat was really expensive too. I figured if we got it we got it, if we didn't we didn't. Gotta love registries! Here's the link to the mat: http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Treetop-Friends-Activity/dp/B0042RU2SW/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3HDXWO56KHO6&colid=3D1NPDSX8MEEN . I'm excited that it's not all crazy and, for lack of a better word, tacky like a lot of them are. It's simple and cute without all of the bells and whistles. I have such a hard time picking out things like playmats and bouncers and stuff. I just look at them and say to myself, no wonder ADD is so prevalent today! hehe.

That is the cutest playmat ever! I love it. I let my sister in law borrow our playmat. Unfortunately I don't believe she understands the concept of "borrow." I asked for it back and she said all the hanging animals became play toys and were taken off the mat and she had no idea where most of them ended up. I should have learned because we let her "borrow" so much stuff after our second was born. We never got the stuff back when we were expecting our third, i.e. portable swing and it was never offered back. We ended up buying new stuff.

I had another playmat in mind but I really like that one.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I really need to do a serious baby registry (the one we did at Babies R Us was just for the $10 gift card :laugh:). I'm not really expecting anyone to buy us anything, though, which I guess is why I haven't really done one. I should turn my Amazon "Wish List" into my registry, I suppose.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

So happy for you! It is a wonderful experience.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, and Brittony, I love that playmat! It's the one on my "wish list." :smile: I actually had considered getting that bedding, too. I love all the baby stuff with owls for some reason.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I am feeling very pregnant and getting uncomfortable. I was sitting at my desk this morning and was watching my belly strech out on the left and right side. I think that Ethan was doing stretches and pushing with his legs on the left and arms on the right. Then I watched an arm or leg go right across my stomach....very weird, and kind of makes me feel sea sick!

It is a weird feeling. This baby is by far the most active of all of mine. He never seems to stop moving. Either it is hiccups or the stretching. That movement across my tummy from one side to the other sometimes is uncomfortable. I have to say I though, I know for a fact I will miss it when he is here. We are naming him Wade and I looked up the meaning not too long ago and it means "mover." So far it fits him perfectly!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    We don't have bad foods in the house all the time, but when we do I keep chipping away at them all day until I've wrecked my nutrition and gotten rid of the unhealthy thing by devouring it.

I only occasionally buy some junk food to have around, because once it's here - all bets are off. I told hubs to get 1 Thin Mint and 1 Samoa. Because I know I will eat them. He comes home with like 8 of each!

I hate grocery shopping (or any shopping) with him because if I go by something I want he will throw it in the cart. I try to explain to him that just standing in the cookie isle for about 4 minutes is enough for me - I don't actually want / need to buy any. But he will just throw stuff in the cart (which irritates me not only on the health side, but on the non-frugal shopping side). I always drool over the junk food, but only actually get something every month or so. Then when I do - i totally eat it every day until it's gone - like ice cream. Oh my. That's why I don't buy it. And he'll totally sabatoge me and get stuff because he's a super super impulse buyer. :grumble:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Mine is same way, but he normally makes bad choices at lunch when he’s working. He’s pretty good about not brining junk into the house. It helps that he loves my cooking, so the meals we eat together are usually healthy.

Mine does not so much like my cooking. Gets home at like 9p when not a chance I am going to go cook something. And also doesn't want to eat 1/2 the stuff I would cook. He wants crap like hamburger helper or else something really complicated that yeah right after work and a 3 yr old I have time to make for you and then clean up?
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I never registered for the baby, and my husband registered for our wedding, so I didn't even know what was on there! :laugh:

I don't think it's really cheating to check a registry though - I mean the concept is already that you are saying - here, buy this specific item for me - so how much of a surprise can it be anyway?

Off topic, but I'm also somewhat against Christmas and birthday lists... I mean, the concept is great - getting things you want.... but it's sort of narcissistic. Actually, I'm mostly against gifting in general, the way it's typically used anymore, so we generally don't participate, but grandmas don't listen when you say you don't want them to send you anything...
  • brittonymiller
    Options
    Oh, and Brittony, I love that playmat! It's the one on my "wish list." :smile: I actually had considered getting that bedding, too. I love all the baby stuff with owls for some reason.

Oh my gosh I love owls. My friends and I did this tarot card thing in college to determine our totem animals and mine was the owl. Maybe we are kindred spirits or something. hehe. But yes, birds are pretty much my nursery theme. I've also registered for the love birds bedding set by bananafish. So cute.

I don't really see the point in waiting to open gifts at the shower when the person won't even be there to see you open it. I have to drive 7 hours home with my husband and a dog. I'm not wasting precious space in my car when I'm sure there will be plenty to lug home (well I hope there will be plenty to lug home so we don't have to buy all this stuff ourselves). That is if I end up having a shower. I haven't heard anything about one, but I'm thinking a surprise might be in the works.

I don't really think it's cheating to look at your registry either. You are telling them exactly what to buy you. It's not much of a surprise really. I felt a little guilty every now and then with our wedding registry, but this is all for the baby.