Over 200 New Year New Me Part 46

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Check in for today:
    Cals - Under by like 40. Yes I should eat 1200/day. I get it.
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - Nada
    Proud - Busy day at work didn't lead to snacking.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Julie: Congrats on the amazing deals at CVS!

I'm bummed that there was no Zumba last night due to an event at the school where it's held, so I can't go until Thursday next week. Sad! But, at least I had time to wander around the pasture with my horse for an hour instead. I'm so happy Daylight's Savings is here this weekend. I need more time with my horse! All of the horses looked slightly depressed...I think they're ready for spring, too! And mud...

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 75.6 oz.
    Exercise: Walking the pasture with my horse.
    Proud: I threw away all of my old and unused socks and underwear to make room for all of the smaller underwear I've been buying!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

*******VENTING*******

I am stressing today, my sister called me this morning to tell me what I will be wearing for the engagement. I told her that I would wear a simple dress...well that was not a choice. I have to go out and search for and buy a gown or something dressy like that...not just for me...for me and my daughter...WTF!

in less than 3 days I have to search for a dress, shoes, and a handbag...OMG, hubby is not gooing to like that, especially because this month we are watching how much do we spend/charge...

I hate to shop for a dress in such short notice...why could he give his sister more time....ugh!!!

*******VENT OVER******

does anyone know of any nice and affortable formal dresses?
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's been a few days since I've posted... I've been feeling kind of aloof.

Time to rededicate myself before I get too far off the mark!

Calories - under (but only because I didn't eat dinner.... ate way too much for lunch :( )
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - walking the dog in the morning plus walking to class
    Proud - Not a lot, really... I was feeling pretty blah yesterday.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over by 500! aargh! I did really well all day and messed up at dinner by eating too many leftovers. and it wasn't very good - that's why I kept eating more! :noway:
    exercise: none yesterday - day off
    water: not great
    proud: did well at corporate lunch - just ate plain pulled pork without a bun and I brought the chips home for my son

Last night my nutrition class was all about protein again and how much you need protein for your metabolism. They recommend 4oz per meal and 2 oz. per snack. I have been sliding on my protein, so I need to get back on track with that. I made a protein shake this morning - it was good:

protein shake (makes 1 meal or 2 snacks):
    1/2 cup plan full fat yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    2 T. coconut milk or peanut butter
    1 serving of frozen or fresh fruit of your choice
    blend and serve

I used peanut butter and banana, yummy. The peanut butter kind of sticks in my throat though that early in the morning, so I think next time I will try coconut milk and strawberries.

I also bought some CoQ10 supplement and Vitamin D ... I feel like I'm taking way too many supplements right now from this class. I'm taking probiotics, L-glutamene, fish oil, magnesium, multi-vitamin, calcium, and now vitamin D and CoQ10. They also suggested carnitine to boost metabolism but I wanted to read a bit more about that before I buy ANOTHER supplement.
    Actually the multi-vitamin and calcium aren't recommended in my nutrition class - I'm supposed to be getting that stuff from my food - but I didn't feel ready to stop taking those yet because I haven't really increased my veggies as much as I should yet.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Laila -- my first thought for "formal" (and I'm sorry, I'm far from an authority on what is considered "formal") is that Belk often has great sales on their dresses. I don't imagine there's anything insanely fancy there, but prom season is starting so you may luck out. :tongue:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Laila, I went to Kohls.com and got my daughter a beautiful Prom dress on sale for $42.00 that is a great price. I did not notice things for women because we were looking in the juniors and I am not sure how formal you are going. But just a thought.

I talked to Cris today. She is very busy, stresssed and her little guy was not feeling well so she may need some support from us!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • tlrue
    Options
    PINS AND NEEDLES!

Adam is at an interview lunch... hopefully getting an offer... it's been an hour... that HAS to be good news right?
  • lstpaul
    Options
    PINS AND NEEDLES!

Adam is at an interview lunch... hopefully getting an offer... it's been an hour... that HAS to be good news right?
    Good luck!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    tstout: said a prayer - can't wait to hear.
    lstpaul - shake looks yummy
    laila - we have the store DEBS and then also a local "formal/wedding" consignment store. Never paid over 40 for mine or my dd's needs.

Checking in for today:
    Calories - over - I think??? (see note below)
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - zip
    Proud - Not feeling very positive today.

My PT and I discussed my scale plateau. He offered up the idea that to shake up my metabolism I should vary my calorie intake. Plan I left Monday with was:
    1200 calories - 2 days
    1500 calories - 2 days
    1750 calories - 2 days
    cheat meal day, but be reasonable

I am going to try this, but it takes a lot more planning to make sure I eat enough, or don't eat at the higher rate too many days.

Thoughts?
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today:
    Calories - under 689
    Water - 5 cups
    Exercise - about an hour burning 616 cals
    Proud - Getting a workout in when I felt like not even doing it at all.
  • tlrue
    Options
    HE GOT IT!!! :) And the offer was even better than we were expecting! I'm so proud of him :) He very much deserves it!

It makes me not having a job lined up right away a lot easier to deal with.

And as weird as this is going to sound.... his ex is going to puppy sit for us this weekend so we can ACTUALLY LEAVE THE HOUSE!! WOO!! :) We're going to go out like REAL GROWNUPS! I'm not even sure I know what that's like. hahah

In other puppy news... He's doing really well except for the fact that he is overly attached to me. While it's nice to be missed... every time I leave when Adam or Adam and the girls are home, as soon as I close the door he pees on the floor (the dog, not the boyfriend hahah). I have no clue what to do about it.

Any suggestions?

On the weight loss front - I haven't been doing all that well this week. I feel unmotivated, bloated and... eh... backed up (TMI, I know). I try to stay as focused as I can without going overboard.
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I am so tired this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed...
    My legs are killing me from all the non-stop walking I did yesterday. I walked 3 different malls (the whole mall - from one end to the other). I finally found a dress that didn't look disgusting on me. OMG, I tried on ssssooo many dresses and I kept getting depressed becaause not all dresses are made the same. I tried on a size 12 and my chest was pouring out of the dress...went to a size 14 and it fits me so much better. it's a flowing gown, navy blue with some silver accents around the neck line. It's sleeveless so I will be putting on a jacket to hide my arms.

Hopefully when I get all dressed up on Sunday I will take a picture and share my very first picture of myself.

Dress shopping has really made me want to keep pushing to get to my goal weight. I want a single digit dress before my brother's wedding. I have two wedding this summer...my cousin and maybe my brother..who knows...but Idon't want to feel fat and regret not doing anything about my weight. I want to look fabulous in photos ( I hope I didn't sound stuck-up when I said that..or shallow..not my intentions)

Thanks Julie, Momma, and ladeb for the dress tips/help :flowerforyou:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HE GOT IT!!! :) And the offer was even better than we were expecting! I'm so proud of him :) He very much deserves it!

And as weird as this is going to sound.... his ex is going to puppy sit for us this weekend so we can ACTUALLY LEAVE THE HOUSE!! WOO!! :) We're going to go out like REAL GROWNUPS! I'm not even sure I know what that's like. hahah

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS TO ADAM AND YOU!!!:drinker: :drinker:
    Enjoy your date!

Quick idea for dog - if you are the one doing the feeding, change that up so that the dog starts to look to other family members for food. No guarantees, but when we changed that up at our house, the dog attachment seem to balance out a bit.

I am off to Duluth this evening for a quickie spring break get-away. Unlike tstout, I am taking the kids. Tonight at a waterpark, tomorrow skiing. Fast, but fun.
  • Positively_Me
    Options

In other puppy news... He's doing really well except for the fact that he is overly attached to me. While it's nice to be missed... every time I leave when Adam or Adam and the girls are home, as soon as I close the door he pees on the floor (the dog, not the boyfriend hahah). I have no clue what to do about it.

Any suggestions?

On the weight loss front - I haven't been doing all that well this week. I feel unmotivated, bloated and... eh... backed up (TMI, I know). I try to stay as focused as I can without going overboard.

Congrats Tstout to bf for getting the job!!!

Not sure what ot say about the puppy peeing on the floor..I don't have any pets, but I am sure Julie has plenty of tips on pets.

I am feeling bloated and back-up too..I expecting TOM today or tomorrow (that might be my problem)...UGH!!! Hope you feel better!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Teresa -- Hooray Adam!! I wish I had some great advice on the puppy front but the majority of my dogs are overly attached to me as well. :ohwell: It doesn't sound like a housetraining issue, but I've had loads of success housetraining dogs by going out with them and being crazy happy (ie making a fool of myself) when they potty outside & ignoring them if they've pottied inside along with a firm "NO!" & immediately taking them outside if I catch them going potty inside. So, maybe when you leave someone can stay behind to catch him in the act. I don't know if that would help in this situation though.

Laila -- So glad you were able to find a dress! And good job getting all that exercise walking around those malls!

Ladeb -- Zigzagging your calories is a great idea to try!

As for me, I nearly fell down when I stepped on the scale again this morning (I know, I know...) and saw the number go down again. :noway: Looks like my metabolism is back up & running because I've eaten 1700-1800 calories every day this week. :happy: I'm really not worried about me eating too little because I'm positive I'm eating more healthy, nutritional food than I was before when I was gaining so much weight. IMO, nutrition is the important thing here, not necessarily calories. Afterall, I have plenty of fat stores to make more energy for baby if needed. :indifferent:

And, my gym opens next Monday!! :bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well I changed my ticker again to reflect the weight I gained while sick.So my starting weight 234 and I was 232 this morning.I vow that this is the last time I restart this journey I will continue to push myself and lose this stubborn weight once and for all.My first goal is to reach 190 by June 3rd
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

First things first - HOORAY ADAM!!!!
    Laila - So glad you found a dress (and got some good exercise walking those malls!) and you're happy with it. Can't wait to see a picture. There's nothing wrong with having a goal in mind!
    Ann - Making an honest ticker is something that's really brave - proud of you!
    Julie - 1700-1800 cals is good. Probably a little under your maintanence, but still good HEALTHY calories!
    ladeb - Enjoy your trip with the kiddos this weekend - sounds fun!

Well, I was a snack monster yesterday. I was working from home and just KEPT EATING. Seriously. I was out of calories before dinner and nothing really had nutritional value. Then I went to growth group and ate MORE! Ah well, just one of those days. Today is a new day and I'm leaving all that crap behind.

Yesterday's (laughable) check-in:
    Cals - OVER - 2500+ GROSS
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - What time to exercise? Too busy snacking!
    Proud - Uh...I got in all my water??
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Teresa: Yay to Adam for getting job! That's nice of his ex to watch Gunner so you guys can go out this weekend, even though I'm sure it has more to do with the girls wanting to spend more time with the puppy. As far as his peeing goes, if there are others home when you leave, make sure they're telling him "No" (usually I point at them when I do it) and rub their nose in it. It sounds harsh, but it's how we trained our dogs.

Ladeb: Have fun in Duluth! I love it there. The boyfriend and I go there as an escape fairly often since it's so close.

Laila: I'm glad to hear you found a dress. I can't wait to see a picture of you!

Water: 67.6 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: The boyfriend and I split the fries and cheese curds at dinner and I got a small blizzard for dessert. Previous me would have had an order of fries and/or cheese curds to myself and a medium blizzard.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Congrats Tstout!
    Elmox - today is a new day, we've all been there.
    Awestfall - don't beat yourself up about having a gain, especially after being sick - it throws everything off. What's important is that you are still working on it - like you said it is a journey, not a race.
    Ladeb - have fun in Duluth, I need to plan a vacation, even a mini-one.
    Postively me - congrats on finding a dress, definitely post a picture for us. I think shopping for a special event is one of the hardest things to do, that is when I really have to acknowledge my size and weight.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good
    exercise: good - an hour of step plus a little weights
    water: not so good
    proud: didn't eat dinner after I snacked through making it