• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to catch up on everything but I will say
    Julie- Love the ultrsound pic your baby is going to be beautiful
    Jess I love your hair
    Lauren you look amazing
    Heather I love the new pic!!!!
    Istpaul-I love the post that you put up with you nutrition class info its very helpful
    Deb- I know your getting excited about your new house
    Momma-Glad your feeling better and you and your hubby are in this together.Hope your girls and Ryan are doing great also.

As for me and being sick I think I am finally over and I think my little ones are almost over it so I am back to focusing on me.Unfortunately the scale was not kind to me while sick so I changed my ticker to reflect it.I refuse to give up or let the scale defeat me .I am getting ready to run on my elliptical and burn those cals and my meals are all planned out for the week and I don't plan on going off track at all.I am sticking to this because I will meet my goals this year.Everyone is doing an amazing job!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey Ladies, did poorly with my eating this weekend. Back on track today though.

Ryan is having some difficulty at school. He figured out if he throws a fit he doesnt have to do work. I said NO he is going to do his work. I was told that he doesn't understand his work. Really?!?!?!?!? How odd when I took his work home and said Do it!!!! He said Okay Momma and did it. :explode: Quit making my kid fall further behind than he needs to be!! He is CAPABLE of learning so let him!!!!!!!!!! :explode: Sorry for the rant I am just sooo irritated. This is why I hesitated to get him the diagnosis because now they are babying him. He is Smart enough to get all of you educated people into letting him paint and play play doe instead of doing his school work. So he is obviously smarter than you!

Rant over.

Back on track! Have a great Day:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    you are an excellent mother and I have to agree that obviously Ryan is smarter than his teachers if he is getting out of his work.Hope things get better for ya!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry Momma. :flowerforyou:

On a super happy note, I ran to Walmart near work to grab some Chobani for my afternoon snack today and was very pleasantly surprised to find Chobani had been replaced on the shelf by FAGE!!!! I'm such a happy girl right now. It's been a long time since I've had FAGE because I can almost never find it anywhere in stock. It's like 50+ cents cheaper per container at the W, too. Yummmmmm!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sorry I been MIA..haven't had much to chat about. Still trying to get it all together for tracking and working out wise. I start the week off good then it fizzles! I haven't fogot about y'all. Miss you ladies! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Momma: Sorry to hear Ryan's teachers are letting him get away with bad behavior. It sounds like they aren't well-equipped to handle his diagnosis. I can assure you that not all teachers are that lenient! Hopefully you can have a conversation with them and let them know it's okay to keep pushing him to work, or at least behave when in class. Hugs to you!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Hey Jess, it is nice to see you!!!!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. Ryan actually had a great day today and DID ALL of his work. I was just so irritated when I left school this morning. He is always giving me a run for my money. He is worth it though:wink:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Thanks Heather, his teacher is actually the one who wants him to do these things but feels her hands are tied by the "specialized" people involved who are saying no he doesn't understand. She is with me she thinks he is more capable than he is letting on. I KNOW he is more capable than he lets on. I am going to just keep chugging a long. He is a funny kid and he is oh so bright.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    HEY, just making sure I drop bye and post, the weekend was SOOOO hard for me...so many temptations, especially eating out I really need to find a new hobby. How do you all get through the weekends?

My boyfriend noticed that I have been using the wii a lot, so he surprised me yesterday with the Just Dance 2 game and I have got to say IT IS SO MUCH FUN...he even danced with me, which is great because I could never get him to dance..I mean who cares when you are in the comfort of your own home right? When we decided to stop, we realized that we had sweated through our clothes...I know gross image, but that made me realize I had another exercise tool at my convenience.

I would like to go to the real gym but I have two exams this week..so will probably be locked in my dungeon aka room until Thursday...when I can finally breathe again.

How is everyone doing? How was your weekend?

Today checking
    Calories: went over by 35
    Exercise: Just Dance 2 on the wii for 55 minutes, burned 453 calories
    water:5 cups
    Proud: Staying on top of my studying and essays for my classes.

Andrea
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Momma -- so glad to hear Ryan had a great day yesterday!

Andrea -- awesome job with the wii! It's fun to be active without realizing it, huh? :wink:

Speaking of which, that's what's been happening to me lately. I haven't had much planned exercise (aside from walking a few days a week during my lunch break) but I've been getting a lot of stuff done around my house & in my yard. Yay!

Another yay is that I weighed this morning and I've lost weight. :happy: I'm down to having only gained 0.4 pounds since 4 weeks ago when I vowed to do better. This week I'm just cutting out a lot of the junk and I'm not enabling myself anymore. I'll be using my lazy tiredness to my advantage. If I don't have cookies in my house, I'm really not going to run to the store to buy cookies unless I really, really, REALLY want them. Same goes with all junk food. Sunday night hubby and I were toying with the idea of getting bad food but it turned out we were both too lazy to go anywhere to get it & too cheap to pay for delivery. We ended up being totally satisfied by chicken, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. :laugh: Lesson learned.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Man, I so enjoyed my coworker not being at work yesterday.
    This a-hole just came to me, showed me a huge mess (that is a result of HIS huge mistake), and had the audacity to say "Okay, so when do YOU want to do this?" omg :noway:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Yesterday:
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Eliliptical & PT
    water: 100+ oz.
    Proud: All my size 16 pants can now be "pulled down" without unfastening buttons/zipper! Time to go shopping!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Andrea - glad you're enjoying the Wii! I know Laila/posme loves using her with her kiddos.
    ladeb - HOORAY for needing to go shopping!
    Julie - Amazing how one person not being at work can make everything so much better, isn't it? Hope you set him straight!
    Momma - As always, an amazing mother! Love that you and Ryan's teacher are on the same page with pushing Ryan to do his work.

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - Under w/exercise - 1450 cals
    Water - 96 oz
    Exercise - 1 hour of hot yoga. Love! Needed all that good stretching AND the teacher told me I did a good job after class. I'm a sucker for being told I'm doing something right! :laugh:
    Proud - Good day being back on track. Also a really good "work" day.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning!

sorry I have been missing for a couple of days...just too much in my life right now.

happy news for me...I have so much motivation now, I found out my brother (younger) is getting engaged (this Sunday) and I don't want to shy away from pictures when the wedding comes (which will be in a couple of months)..enought time for me to get slim..so I am trying to get back to things..the right way.

Today will be my first day trying to eat 1200 calories, exercise @least 30 minutes (everyday), and drinking my water (about 100oz)...

Have a great day!
  • Momma24
    Options
    Andrea, congrats on the fun exercise! That is what will make this all successful for you!

Ladeb, woo hoo on those size 16 coming down size 14 here you come

Laila, good plan!! I know you can do this by your bro's wedding date. Nice Job!!

Lauren, I am so proud of you ! 1hour of hot yoga!!

Julie, just wanted to say that is a cute baby bump
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Andrea: Great job on working up a big sweat to Just Dance 2. Yay for your boyfriend for getting it for you!!

Ladeb: Congrats on needing to shop for smaller clothes. That's awesome!

Laila: Congrats to your brother on his engagement and your renewed motivation!

I don't have much to report, other than I'm planning on going to Zumba again tonight. I loved it and am looking forward to it. It will be a busy evening, but worth it to burn 800 calories to have that much fun!

Have a good day!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Thanks, Momma. That was last week. I've officially grown to house status this week. :tongue:

Glad you found some motivation, Laila!

Heather, have fun at Zumba. I'm so uncoordinated I can't even imagine trying it. I'd probably spend most of the hour laughing hysterically at myself (which I guess would also burn a lot of calories).

I did all I could to clean up coworker's mess. It's out of my hands now & into the hands of the administrators of our (effed up) payroll system. If need be, our payroll manager has told me she has the ability to override the payroll system & pay the employee what she should be paid so that's a huge relief. I hope we don't have to go that route, though. The entire situation is so stupid I could seriously punch someone (or a couple of people... coworker & the system admin who hasn't been doing her job even though she's been aware of this particular situation for 3, yes THREE, months). But I'm done worrying about it for now.

So after a nightmare of a morning, I gave myself a happy at CVS. I :heart: CVS.
    I just got back from a shopping trip and for $19.00 (before sales tax) I got:
    2 tubes of Desitin (2oz each)
    1 Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Baby Shampoo (15oz)
    1 J&J Head to Toe Baby Wash (15oz)
    1 J&J Baby Powder (15oz)
    1 J&J Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Wash (15oz)
    1 J&J Baby Lotion (15oz)
    2 Huggies Natural Care 72 ct wipes
    AND
    An umbrella stroller!!!

I'll be riding this high all day. :laugh:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie, your shopping capabilities are amazing. I was like, good, good, good....UMBRELLA STROLLER?!? What a deal to have that included in the $19! However do you do it?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Julie, your shopping capabilities are amazing. I was like, good, good, good....UMBRELLA STROLLER?!? What a deal to have that included in the $19! However do you do it?

:tongue: I have to give all the credit to www.southernsavers.com (which will do you absolutely no good in NY, sorry). I was pretty stoked (yes, I said stoked).
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Julie I need to find me a website like that!! It must be exciting everytime you get stuff for the baby!!

check in today

Calories: Under by 253
    Water: 7 cups
    Exercise: 30 minutes 331 cals burned
    Proud: That I worked out even if I felt like I was glued to the couch.