Fit For Future Families - March 2011

Options

Replies

• andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pam!!!!!! Excited for you :drinker: Hope the appt goes well!

AFM, AF showed up, sigh. So rude too! I can't remember cramps this bad! One more month of getting healthy I guess.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Bah! Sorry Andrea. :grumble:
  • andreamichelle82
    Options
    Thanks, Erica. Is it me, or is it more frustrating/disappointing every month? Sorry for the negativity, I'll dial back the positive more later :)
  • epa422
    Options
    Well I can't recall how long you've been trying. I think I hit my most frustrated at 9 months. Since then, I've just given up and lost all hope... so now it's no surprise when AF shows.
  • andreamichelle82
    Options
    Hard to calculate how long.,. Went off the pill in october, started timing in november, and just started my fourth cycle in fertility friend.
  • epa422
    Options
    So 6 cycles give or take... Yeah, it will either get more frustrating for awhile or you'll get your BFP! :drinker:
  • andreamichelle82
    Options
    Thanks, Erica. I think I'll be :drinker: Tonight!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Erica...I can't remember on here if you've said this but have you gone to a fertility doctor to have you and DH tested?
  • epa422
    Options
    Yes, Jessica. We started testing at the year mark in January. We're both fine. I ovulate really well and he has a super high count. I could potentially have blocked tubes, but my doctor won't run that test until I've tried medication for three months... which seems backward to me. But at this point, I don't really want to pay for another office visit to another doctor for more testing since none of it is covered by insurance.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ok. I was wondering. Had a GF that tried with her hubby for like a year then went and he had issues with his stuff and they did IUI and got pregnant on the 2nd try.

I'm with ya on the office visits. Luckily my insurance covered all the testing but they should have checked you completely. I had that test done. Not that My tubes aren't blocked but they still wanted to go in to make sure there were no cysts or growths in the uterus itself...I forget what the test is called... but it's not pleasant and they keep you awake. I think I've had so many issues in that area that anything done down there just causes me anxiety. My GF had it done and she said she didn't feel it at all.

Hopefully you will just have a surprise one day soon. That is what I wish for you.
  • epa422
    Options
    Yes, I've had worse done to my cervix, so I'm not worried about the HSG, my doctor just doesn't feel that it's worth the money/pain to do it because, in his experience, most women don't have blocked tubes unless they have risk factors, which I don't. Insurance actually covers that test, which I find silly. Though I guess a one time payment versus months of paying for blood tests and office visits makes sense.

Thanks! I hope I get a surprise soon, too.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hugs to both of you.
  • epa422
    Options
    Hugs right back to you, Erin! I hope the doctor can give you an idea of what's going on with your cycle.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating when they find nothing wrong - at least I didn't have that. A friend of mine was in a simliar boat to you Erica and she's going through fertility treatments and having no luck - they call it some technical term "Unexplained infertility".

Appt was much less stressful that I was expecting. She just wanted to talk to us about coping mechanisms and things we can do if the IVF doesn't work...LOL we explained that we've been at this 10 years, if we hadn't come up with coping mechanisms, we'd have killed one another by now....I think she was more overwhelmed than we were by our story.....LOL Oh well!!
  • epa422
    Options
    Yeah, isn't that a wonderful term? I actually don't have that label yet since I haven't gotten the HSG done. For now, I'll just stick with the idea that everything is all good, we're just missing a little something. :laugh:

I'm glad the appointment wasn't overwhelming, but it doesn't sound very helpful when you overwhelm the therapist. :noway: One step closer!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I miss you all! Hope all is well. I keep an eye on the board from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. I haven't forgotten about you.

Just wanted to also let you know that I had my ultrasound today. They found 2 gestational sacs but one was slightly smaller than the other. The larger one had a fetal pole and a heartbeat. It was amazing how such a small thing as a slight flicker on a screen can make your world. My DH and mother are still holding on that maybe the other baby will appear later...I'm not so sure. I was just praying for at least 1 heartbeat and no more than 2 babies. I got my wish. The ultrasound tech said she thought that it started off as twins but the other baby just didn't develop or was like a blighted ovum. But stranger things have happened. I'm slightly relieved it is just one, but at the same time it wouldn't be the end of the world if there was two. Bang for my buck. :)

Again, I miss you all and with you all the best. xo
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Heather - sorry that the second one is seeming to arrest :( But yay on the one that seems to be thriving - that is all you can really ask for......It's such a happy thought that in less than a year you will be a mommy!!
  • epa422
    Options
    Glad you got to see a heartbeat. I hope you find out soon what's going on with the other sac. But at the very least, I hope the first little bean keeps going strong.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yay Heather! I'm sorry you didn't have two sticky beans, but then again, one is usually plenty. ;-) Hope things continue to go well for your pregnancy. Thanks for stopping by!
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I am really impressed how everyone answers everyone else's posts! What a great group. So I thought I'd give it a try, though I have a bad short term memory and I can only remember a few names at a time ;-)

@ Luki-Congrats on no longer being in the "overweight category"! That is an amazing accomplishment. I am looking forward to that time! Wow!

@ Pam-I hope your tummy troubles get better soon, and I'm glad your appt went better than expected!

@Erin-I'm sorry about the lack of insurance-that upsets me when people need care they can't afford! I hope you either get a BFP soon, or at least get some coverage to get more info about what is going on. How frustrating!

@Heather-Congrats on the pregnancy, and I'm sorry about the blighted ovum :-(

I have been doing pretty well this week. I reread my post from Mon, and there was a typo-I weighed in at 156.2, not 162.2 (Thank God) I had said I wanted to get back down to 155 this week and I think I am on track. I have been doing my workouts, getting to bed early (except for Monday-11:30) and keeping within my calories. I have also been getting up at the same time to check my temp-it's been 97.02 for both days. I was surprised it was so low, but I guess that's normal? So from what I had read in my book, it had said charting tells you after you've ovulated, because of the temp rise, but someone had said that eventually you can get a couple days notice prior to O because of a dip? That's great-I hope I get the hang of it.

Good luck to everyone!
    Kate

I'm excited