How do you get rid of toxins?

Options
Im having trouble losing weight. My massage therapist told me that i have tons of toxins and need to get rid of them. I dont know what i have to do to get rid of them and keep them away. I read green tea and water i drink alot of a both.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Stop consuming them and your body will flush them out naturally.

Just eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Drink only water. Avoid processed foods and refined sugar.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Did you ask your Massage Therapist? They should have no problem backing up their suggestions. After any massage you're supposed to drink lots of water or you will feel like you've been hit by a truck. :) Let us know what they say!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Squeeze a little lemon or lime in your water. That will help a bit. And water, water, water. I drink lots everyday. I have probably had close to 160 ozs today. And I wish I had some more. :)
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eat good, healthy foods. Stop cooking with oil, stop using butter and margarine on your toast and sandwiches, opt for low fat dairy, stop drinking soft drink or anything with artificial colours and flavours, stop eating chocolate, chips, take away, no more soft drinks- Try that for 2 weeks, then just eat minimal amounts.

It will give your body a good, natural, healthy and SAFE clean out.

AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER- Yes it'll make you pee a lot if your not used to it BUT slowly get yourself up to 2L per day + more when you workout!
  • modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    Do everything that the fellow MPFers have already mentioned!! Plus, look at getting a hydro-clonic. My dad swears by them, and he is by far the healthiest person I know! But wait until your body has started eliminating toxins already- preferably after a nice green smoothie fast, followed by gradually working in solid fruits and veggies. Look at going to your local farmers market, see what famer's co-ops there are in your area, it's a nice way to keep fruits and veggies in season, in your home.

Here is one reference: http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com

Ideally, (depending on your personal health issues) one should do a nice cleansing fast twice a year...

Best of luck!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Stop eating toxins and there will be no need to flush them out. If you're not willing to give them up for good, take a couple weeks off from processed foods, restaurant food, etc.
  • vbalchick_09
    vbalchick_09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.

How exactly is she measuring your toxin levels? This sounds like a crock of *kitten* to me...
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    My lawn care guy said worrying about toxins silly, but what does he know.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    It only took 4 years... your liver and kidneys must be freaking shot.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh, my head has just exploded.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So much ridiculous.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    You bumped your thread from 4 years ago?!
    good lord, this whole thread.

I think I can call bingo on this thread already...
  • vbalchick_09
    vbalchick_09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was giving the previous ppl an update.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

How exactly is she measuring your toxin levels? This sounds like a crock of *kitten* to me...

I imagine a dipstick. Like how you check oil in a car except...you know....

• PrizePopple
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I imagine a dipstick. Like how you check oil in a car except...you know....

brain-bleach.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_n0ejh9iDOl1qbygev.gif
This discussion has been closed.