How do you get rid of toxins?

Options

Replies

• caitypants86
    caitypants86 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh man...what's with all of the catty, snide remarks? One of my biggest pet peeves on MFP are people who take precious time out of their day to post condescending and patronizing replies to people who are genuinely trying to better themselves by asking fellow MFPers for help/advice. Maybe they're not as "educated" as you are, YET....maybe they're still trying to figure things out... but everyone has to start somewhere (think back to when you started on your journey and admit, it probably seemed pretty daunting and overwhelming at first!). If you want to offer your advice and share what has worked for you, great... but can you maybe try to do it without belittling the OP at the same time? Just sayin'.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Oh man...what's with all of the catty, snide remarks? One of my biggest pet peeves on MFP are people who take precious time out of their day to post condescending and patronizing replies to people who are genuinely trying to better themselves by asking fellow MFPers for help/advice. Maybe they're not as "educated" as you are, YET....maybe they're still trying to figure things out... but everyone has to start somewhere (think back to when you started on your journey and admit, it probably seemed pretty daunting and overwhelming at first!). If you want to offer your advice and share what has worked for you, great... but can you maybe try to do it without belittling the OP at the same time? Just sayin'.

you realize this thread is four years old, right?
  • caitypants86
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I do indeed. Doesn't make what I said any less true.
  • ndj1979
    Options

you know you don't get bonus points for wk'ing, right?
  • caitypants86
    Options
    No idea what that means.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Is this going to turn into a mean people thread?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Oh man...what's with all of the catty, snide remarks? One of my biggest pet peeves on MFP are people who take precious time out of their day to post condescending and patronizing replies to people who are genuinely trying to better themselves by asking fellow MFPers for help/advice.
    This was amazingly catty and condescending.

Please stop.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

What was your advice again?
  • caitypants86
    Options
    Oh, sorry... am I making you feel bad?...
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread! I love Mondays...
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I concentrate really hard, meditate really. And focus on telling my kidneys and liver to do their job.

If they don't, I threaten them with crappy beer.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    o29u208hfc42.jpeg

Darn it! I can't Gif!
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.

How exactly is she measuring your toxin levels? This sounds like a crock of *kitten* to me...

Thanks for saying what I was thinking... Toxins.. Really?

• ndj1979
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Is this going to turn into a mean people thread?

not quite, but almost..

I sense a lock ...
  • ndj1979
    Options

for future reference wk = white knight
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options

for future reference wk = white knight

I'm glad you cleared that up. The apostrophe ended up in the wrong place in my head!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    At best your massage therapist is misinformed. At worst she's scamming you.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

Ignore the bit about alkaline diets-- it's bunk. The guy who came up with the concept is a germ theory denialist, if that helps you determine how scientifically minded he is.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ph-miracle-living-dr-robert-o-young-finally-arrested-but-will-it-stop-him/

• ndj1979
    Options
    I have a dentist appointment today, maybe I should ask him how to get rid of the toxins...??
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Dirty, dirty toxins!

(This should not be considered an endorsement for Planet Fitness, which is by far the lousiest gym I've ever had the misfortune of joining. But I can't see a post about "toxins" without posting this.)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I have a dentist appointment today, maybe I should ask him how to get rid of the toxins...??

It's so easy a caveman can do it.

QUIT BEING SO CATTY AND SNIDE YOU MEANIE!
This discussion has been closed.