Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you get rid of toxins?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I love zombie threads

Did anyone define what toxins exactly were getting detoxed?
    A friend's daughter, who is really into juicing, told me these: dioxins, PCBs, bisphenol-A, DDT, phthalates, heavy metals, etc. She quit messaging me when I asked her if she wanted to borrow my bottle of EDTA to chelate heavy metals since that is the only way to get rid of them.

Haha nice one! :lol:

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I love zombie threads

A friend's daughter, who is really into juicing, told me these: dioxins, PCBs, bisphenol-A, DDT, phthalates, heavy metals, etc. She quit messaging me when I asked her if she wanted to borrow my bottle of EDTA to chelate heavy metals since that is the only way to get rid of them.

I like you.
    I like you too.

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    I'm on the "pooping and breathing" plan of toxin removal. The guy at the deli acknowledged my corporeal existence as I handed him $1.50 for a Coke Zero, so I can verify not-a-ghost status.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Soooo, my guess is, all those posts we see reminiscing about how *nice* and *friendly* the forums used to be. And how *helpful* and *supportive* everyone was. This is what they're talking about...

Yeah, I like the current forums better.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Getting rid of toxins is much like any other medical issue. It starts with diagnosis and identification. Tell me a toxin, and I'll tell you how to get rid of it. Any one...just name it.

Do in-laws qualify as toxins?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm on the "pooping and breathing" plan of toxin removal. The guy at the deli acknowledged my corporeal existence as I handed him $1.50 for a Coke Zero, so I can verify not-a-ghost status.

I am more in the pooping and peeing plan. Drink a decent amount of water and make sure I get enough fiber and my intestines, liver, and kidneys do a really good job.

BTW: I have EDTA to treat the water for my aquarium.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I love zombie threads

hahaha :)
  • Christine_72
    Soooo, my guess is, all those posts we see reminiscing about how *nice* and *friendly* the forums used to be. And how *helpful* and *supportive* everyone was. This is what they're talking about...

Yeah, I like the current forums better.

So true. I was suspicious when I first started reading the thread as the replies were far too polite than what I'm used to seeing around here lol
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    reminiscing about how *nice* and *friendly* the forums used to be. And how *helpful* and *supportive* everyone was.

239a665f887d23e32e057dde46a78aff.jpg
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Pooping
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    ... I cannot make the joke that's in my head right now.
  • Christine_72
    dbmata wrote: »

do it. Just do it :p

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member

When has that ever stopped you?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member

When has that ever stopped you?

*nods*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    awwww man ….Freaking zombie thread…I really need to check the dates on these...

But bumped by the OP! That's unusual.

Because it has literally been YEARS and no one has told her what toxins she has, or how to get rid of them.

No, she said someone (her massage therapist, I'm guessing...because when I want medical advice I totally rely on a massage therapist for it) told her the levels were down.

Hey OP, congrats on that. We should talk! I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale...I heard the area it is in also helps lower toxins and I'll give you a great price for it!

So next time I have a heart attack I should go to my massage therapist...???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I can't believe there was no science in 2011

It truly was a dark age
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Try pooping...it's good for you. I always use MFP when I poop...
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Getting rid of toxins is much like any other medical issue. It starts with diagnosis and identification. Tell me a toxin, and I'll tell you how to get rid of it. Any one...just name it.

Do in-laws qualify as toxins?

Wait, have you found a way to get rid of them?!
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    The best way to rid yourself of toxins is by drinking a significant amount of water! Stay extra hydrated. Try to go a several days only fruits and vegetables.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    The best way to rid yourself of toxins is by drinking a significant amount of water! Stay extra hydrated. Try to go a several days only fruits and vegetables.

lol. Too funny.
This discussion has been closed.