How do you get rid of toxins?

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The best way to rid yourself of toxins is by drinking a significant amount of water! Stay extra hydrated. Try to go a several days only fruits and vegetables.
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    the worst part is that this poster actually believes this….

Well, there is a grain of truth there, staying hydrated WILL allow your kidneys to function properly. On the other hand, they took that grain of truth and expanded it to where it is hardly recognizable.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The best way to rid yourself of toxins is by drinking a significant amount of water! Stay extra hydrated. Try to go a several days only fruits and vegetables.

Well, there is a grain of truth there, staying hydrated WILL allow your kidneys to function properly. On the other hand, they took that grain of truth and expanded it to where it is hardly recognizable.

Maybe it's a 'frankengrain'..... pretty sure GMOs aren't allowed on a detox diet though. ;)
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Maybe it's a 'frankengrain'..... pretty sure GMOs aren't allowed on a detox diet though. ;)

roflmao_zpssixdqea5.gif
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

The worse part about the things you post is that you actually believe it.

Yay, I have a fan in the thread, I got a flag. First in 2 days.

You must be slacking! Personally I find your responses helpful and to the point. Some folk just don't like the truth!
    You obviously must be a glutton for punishment. :)

Typical Brit - stiff upper lip and all that ;-) Why sugarcoat when you can tell it as it is!

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Eating toxins and seeking dietary advice from a masseuse is so “2011”

My favorite piece of advice was to "stop consuming them", as if there were a line of food containing toxins - "Yes, I'd like a #6, the Toxin Value Meal - the Toxin Burger, yes, with a side of medium fried toxins and a diet toxin drink....yes, and a toxin pie for desert...and the kids will have two Toxin Happy Meals, with the lead-painted toys…”
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that having a functioning liver and kidneys works wonders. But I know that may not be for everyone.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    This thread delivers.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Toxin laser quest?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Best. Troll thread. Ever.
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The only way to release toxins is through PURE. Perspiration, Urination, Respiration, and Evacuation. Exercise, fiber, and water will take care of most of these and learning what foods are alkaline vs acidic and moving toward an alkaline nutrition lifestyle will help ensure you're not putting more in than you're getting rid of.

I noticed the 4 years of silence but since people are reading this I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    The only way to release toxins is through PURE. Perspiration, Urination, Respiration, and Evacuation. Exercise, fiber, and water will take care of most of these and learning what foods are alkaline vs acidic and moving toward an alkaline nutrition lifestyle will help ensure you're not putting more in than you're getting rid of.

I noticed the 4 years of silence but since people are reading this I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.

Oh hey, logic and science showed up!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Setof2Keys wrote: »
    Did you ask your Massage Therapist? They should have no problem backing up their suggestions. After any massage you're supposed to drink lots of water or you will feel like you've been hit by a truck. :) Let us know what they say!

People were so laid back in 2011! I love the casual "Did you ask the person who was unqualified to provide a medical opinion to give you further details about said useless opinion? And once she expounds on her useless advice, let us know what they say!" Life was so happy in 2011, sorry, just a little nostalgia kicking in...
  • earlnabby
    Options

Huh?????????????? The pH of your foods has nothing to do with health.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I guess I should start adding lye to all of my foods.

Oooh, or I could put it in smoothies and make millions off of my new cleanse! Start your alkaline lifestyle today with a risk free trial!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    truth about pH, at a meta level.

You know, maybe back in those ancient times of 2011, massage therapists were fully trained and qualified medical providers. (with happy endings.)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.
    Glad to see you're still around after 4 years. Just have to tell you that massage therapists have no formal education in endocrinology nor toxicology in there certification process, so much of what you're hearing is broscience that passed on from one source to the next.
    There really aren't any toxins in your body that accumulate to the point where a massage, a drink, or meditation would be needed to "remove" them. If anything got toxic enough in the body, then MEDICAL ATTENTION is needed and not a massage.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Getting rid of toxins is much like any other medical issue. It starts with diagnosis and identification. Tell me a toxin, and I'll tell you how to get rid of it. Any one...just name it.

Do in-laws qualify as toxins?

Wait, have you found a way to get rid of them?!

bettercallsaul-banner-new-560-100336190-orig.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Is this Reddy's girlfriend?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Sorry, but the alkaline vs acidic is also a broscience diet. Peer reviewed clinical studies are probably the best source of unbiased information.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I guess I should start adding lye to all of my foods.

Oooh, or I could put it in smoothies and make millions off of my new cleanse! Start your alkaline lifestyle today with a risk free trial!
    risk free.

lol.
This discussion has been closed.