How do you get rid of toxins?

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    You people need to brush up on your history. In much the same way as your village doctor was also your barber and your dentist was also a religious interrogator in medieval Europe, a masseuse and nutritionist were combined professions in North America in 2011. Eventually, those fields separated into differing professions with separate skillsets – I think this happened in mid-2012.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    bw_conway wrote: »
    You people need to brush up on your history. In much the same way as your village doctor was also your barber and your dentist was also a religious interrogator in medieval Europe, a masseuse and nutritionist were combined professions in North America in 2011. Eventually, those fields separated into differing professions with separate skillsets – I think this happened in mid-2012.

so you regularly get medical advice from a massage therapist??
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.
    Doc Oz?

cuz they lied to you cuz.

I don't know about all of those, but cranberry juice can prevent UTI and lemon can prevent kidney stones, so they must be helping to flush something out.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Woosh!

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member

Oh I see what you did there.

giphy.gif
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member

I feel like back in 2011, the ability to discern sarcasm was also a more ubiquitous skill, especially when descriptions of medieval professions were discussed. That may have also changed mid-2012...
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2015
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.

How exactly is she measuring your toxin levels? This sounds like a crock of *kitten* to me...

Just weigh the crock full of shi . . . uhhhh . . . toxins. Subtract the weight of the crock, and voila, toxins measured, right? :#
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    The only way to release toxins is through PURE. Perspiration, Urination, Respiration, and Evacuation. Exercise, fiber, and water will take care of most of these and learning what foods are alkaline vs acidic and moving toward an alkaline nutrition lifestyle will help ensure you're not putting more in than you're getting rid of.

I noticed the 4 years of silence but since people are reading this I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth.

Huh?????????????? The pH of your foods has nothing to do with health.

I guess I should start adding lye to all of my foods.

Oooh, or I could put it in smoothies and make millions off of my new cleanse! Start your alkaline lifestyle today with a risk free trial!
    risk free.

lol.

I've been working on my cleanse all morning.

lye.jpg

• MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member

I feel like back in 2011, the ability to discern sarcasm was also a more ubiquitous skill, especially when descriptions of medieval professions were discussed. That may have also changed mid-2012...

This ability is definitely becoming more rare every year

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    giphy.gif

It was SUCH a Monday...and then I found this thread...It's like a perfect thread-storm!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

I think we may have the same SIL.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Oh man...what's with all of the catty, snide remarks? One of my biggest pet peeves on MFP are people who take precious time out of their day to post condescending and patronizing replies to people who are genuinely trying to better themselves by asking fellow MFPers for help/advice.
    This was amazingly catty and condescending.

Please stop.

Glad someone called it. :laugh:
  • PikaKnight

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

tumblr_mejtidej6z1ra2rvc.gif
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    I think the Reiki "healers" are some of the most derpiest of the holistic, alternate "medicine crowd."

Let me put my hands on you and heal you.

lulz
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    emily_stew wrote: »
    You bumped your thread from 4 years ago?!
    good lord, this whole thread.

This.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    After this thread inevitably dies down again, who will volunteer to resurrect it in 2019?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I think the Reiki "healers" are some of the most derpiest of the holistic, alternate "medicine crowd."

Let me put my hands on you and heal you.

lulz

The reason I started looking into alt-med a few years ago was that I had been diagnosed with lupus and a Facebook friend of mine wanted me to try homeopathy and was also a reiki practitioner.

My thing is this: if you want to trust religion for your healing, fine. But call it religion, not science, because that's what it is.
  • PikaKnight
    After this thread inevitably dies down again, who will volunteer to resurrect it in 2019?

Probably the OP to let us know her toxin levels are almost non-existent now per her masseuse.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

My cousin is one...she has referred to herself as both over the years. I think naturepath might be the new, less exposed-as-fraudulent word for homeopath.

MY massage therapist who is *awesome* has never once mentioned toxins to me, but she has advised that I drink extra water after a massage because the knots tie up chemicals in them that are released back into the bloodstream when they're...rubbed out. I do know I feel wonky after a massage but I also know that I get super deep tissue massages that leave bruises so it could easily be just emo wonky.

No idea why, but I'm super entertained by emo wonky. I kind of want it printed on a shirt just to confuse people. Might be a good band name though.
  • PikaKnight
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

FIFY :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.