Thread Killahs!

Options

Replies

• angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow, it took me awhile to catch up with this thread! It was the only good thing that came of being sick today. :sick: So I didn't do the challenge for today. Pretty sure that too much exercise yesteday is why I'm sick today (I did a 5-mile Walk at Home DVD and then went on a 3-mile walk with the family before dinner). So today was a rest day for me. But I'll be back in the saddle with my No More Trouble Zones DVD tomorrow!

LJ--it's so great that you work at Curves! I bet your story inspires many people there. All the nutrition knowledge I've gained (which isn't much, but it's a start) is making me think of going the dietitian route when I go back to college. I want to do something that helps people change their lives!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    Happy Thursday Killahs!

While getting new tires installed yesterday, I thought I would get in a 52 minute walk. What was supposed to take 45 minutes turned into 2 hours. So I guess you can say I completed the 120 year old man challenge. :happy:

You guys have a great day!
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    Options
    Hey Gang of Killahs!

This isn't my week!! So I knew it would happens sooner or later, my employer blocked MFP!!! :( They have been really beefing up on blocking stuff lately. At a friends house right now, but I can't get on through my office or laptop. No access to web on my home PC right now. :( Darn, why don't I have a smart phone? I will be offline for awhile 'til I get it straightened out.Y'all keep up the good work in the meantime!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Hey Gang of Killahs!
    why don't I have a smart phone?

@rachel - oh no! :blushing: you're not the only one w/o a smart phone.
    i'm still sticking post-it notes onto my phone! sounds like you've had THAT kind of week.

we will surely miss you, but in the meantime, we will make sure not to kill this thread :laugh: :wink:
    come back soon! :heart:

ETA: zave - good job! taking care of those tires, you were averting a potential one around your midsection. :laugh: just kidding - !

Thursday challenge? Try to get at least 5 servings of produce (fruit or veggies)!? Anyone in?
  • zave
    Options
    I'm sorry Rachel! It won't be the same here without you. Hurry back. (Smartphone-Early Mothers Day present!)

Loopy - That had me laugh really hard. :laugh: Then it made me. :angry: just kidding!

I'm in on the 5 servings challenge. Be back later.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! That is a great Challenge! I've had a Pear & Mixed Veggies so far.:bigsmile:
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great fruit/veggie challenge. Without knowing it, I'm almost done! Had an orange for breakfast, spinach salad for lunch, and at least two servings of veggies with my stir fry for dinner. One more serving tonight...hmmm...need to go grocery shopping (the pickins are slim), but I'll find something! Already closed out my food diary for the day, but I think a sneak-in of some baby carrots wouldn't hurt. :happy:
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i too have that problem! like i am some kind of repellent
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    good job killahs!

produce today: spinach, broccoli, cara cara navel :love: , mutsu apple, baby carrots!

kelsue35 - everyone welcome here. much as we all thought we'd be the last killah standing, this has turned out to be quite a resilient little thread! :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Does V-8 Count as a Fruit or a Vegetable? :frown: How about the Braums Fruit & Yogurt Swirl? It does have about half a bananna and one or two strawberrys in it.
    :smile: I had the Pear for breakfast, mixed veggies and V-8 (?) for lunch, then a Spinach Omelet and fresh fruit for Dinner. Might have another fruit or something for my Bedtime snack.
  • zave
    Options
    Happy Freaky Friday!

I think V-8 counts as 8 veggies. Nice job Angie, Loopy and LJ!

Banana, zucchini, apple, carrots, and tomato(fruit, thanks Cliff Clavin).
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Thanks, Zave!! I am doing better than I thought if 1 V-8 = 8 Veggies!!:laugh:

Now, Freaky Friday.................................What would be a Good Challenge??
  • zave
    Options
    Alright easy Friday challenge: Give someone a nice compliment today. In person, or pick up the phone and call someone you haven't talked to in awhile. :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Calling Mom right NOW!! The thread must have run out of Coffee!!:laugh:
  • zave
    Options
    Yes! Coffee please. I was out running earlier at the park and complimented a young girl who was working really hard.

She looked at me me like I was a NUT. :huh:
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    G'nite All you Killaz!

@ LJ - Have a nice chat w/ your Mom!
    @zave - well lettuce hope she did not think you were a nut b/c you smelled like onions! LMAO - I just saw that thread. :laugh:
    hopefully you did not sound drunk :drinker:
  • zave
    Options
    G'nite All you Killaz!

@ LJ - Have a nice chat w/ your Mom!
    @zave - well lettuce hope she did not think you were a nut b/c you smelled like onions! LMAO - I just saw that thread. :laugh:
    hopefully you did not sound drunk :drinker:

Bwahahaha. Thanks for the laugh Loopy!!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :love: Plan your Fabulous Weekend, Killahs!! I hope to see all of you here often!
  • UpToAnyCool
    Options
    :heart: You too, LJ! Seems to be baby season: babysitting, baby showers, etc. !! :laugh:

Have a good one folks - seems to be the thread is sleeping.... shhhh....
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Leaving soon for Curves, then the annual Library Book Sale.

Maybe the Challenge for today could be report something interesting/educational that you read today. Articles or books?

Bring the High Octane Coffee when you come back.:laugh: The thread seems lethargic. Or maybe I should just set the computer on the Treadmill:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: