OMG. There are SO MANY calories in....

Options
... Trader Joe's cornbread mix. 2,600 calories for the package(!!!), which only makes a little 9" square baking pan. A serving is about a 3 in. square and has 300 calories. I'm reeling. I ate a little less than two servings yesterday and my eyes fell out of my head when I got the calorie count.

What other calorie counts just blow your mind?

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Just noticed today b/c I was craving one....small cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen...690 calories!!!! OUCH! Will be avoiding those this summer :)
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER.... crazy amount of calories whenever you could have PB2: the best thing ever invented. AND it's deliiiiiiiiiicious
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    The amount of calories in 5 guys burgers made me really sad. But looking back, they're so greasy and bad for you.
    Also, pretty much anything from the cheesecake factory or friendlys is going to send you over.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Taco SALAD...910!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    The chicken pecan salad at Boston Pizza...makes me sad....or white noodles...
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    my answer to that was gonna b everything! lol...at least everything u dont cook yourself
  • KaylaTighe
    Options
    Queso and chips at a mexican resturant. I looked it up once and it was like over 2000 calories. -silent sob-
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Caramel Frappe from McDonalds :(
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just noticed today b/c I was craving one....small cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen...690 calories!!!! OUCH! Will be avoiding those this summer :)

I'm a blizzard fan too, but I've been satisfying my cravings with sugar free/fat free peanut butter frozen yogurt that's soft serve!
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Caramel Frappe from McDonalds :(

How many? ;)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon=120, Ouch.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This site will open your eyes to just how many calories are in certain things. I was shocked at the calories in salad dressing! My favorite had 180 calories in 3 tablespoons!! And I used way more than that! The great thing is, you learn as you go along. You see how many calories is in something and then next time you can make a healthier choice. Its good to know whats in you are eating...great job being calorie conscious.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Another thing that irritates me is the amount of sodium that is put into foods! YIKES
    Especially if it's labeled "low fat"! Low Fat items should come with a warning label about the extra sodium. Geesh!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I have thought about that cornbread thing before. A Jiffy cornbread box has an insane amount of cals too. And my contribution is...Granola!! Soooo many cals!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon=120, Ouch.

But it's a healthy oil!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    DQ chicken strip basket. Eesh. But it's soooooo yummy. I haven't had one since mid-January... the night that I ate one and logged it and almost passed out when I saw how far it put me over on like every number. :-/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Ravioli! One serving 500 cals before you add sauce. Strangely enough though there are a whole lot less cals in sun dried tomato raviole vs beef ravioli.
    Think I'll give it a miss.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, full-fat milk with whipped cream - 700 calories! For a drink!

Edited to add: 20 oz. (the hot-drink Venti size) of whole milk is about 370 calories... that means that the other 330 comes from the syrup/flavoring and whipped cream. Good grief!
    PEANUT BUTTER.... crazy amount of calories whenever you could have PB2: the best thing ever invented. AND it's deliiiiiiiiiicious
    Some things are worth the calories! 2 Tbsp of natural PB is less than 200 calories, and the fat in PB is healthy fat - if you limit your portions, all-natural (no salt/sugar/oil added) PB can be a regular part of a perfectly healthy diet. High Calorie / High Fat does not always equal bad.
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, full-fat milk with whipped cream - 700 calories! For a drink!
    Some things are worth the calories! 2 Tbsp of natural PB is less than 200 calories, and the fat in PB is healthy fat - if you limit your portions, all-natural (no salt/sugar/oil added) PB can be a regular part of a perfectly healthy diet. High Calorie / High Fat does not always equal bad.

Peanut Butter... I agree with you, I totally do. It CAN be a part of a healthy diet. But I find that PB is one of those things where the serving size just feels too small to me to make it worth it. I can eat a tablespoon of PB and it's healthy... but I never want to eat only a tablespoon. I grew up with PB& banana sandwiches with like 8 tbsp on them, and 1 or 2 feels pitiful. I feel the same way about olive oil on my salad-- I want like 3 or 4 tbsp on there to really coat it! Grin.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    rice and/or pasta - and you can forget drowning them in butter! :brokenheart: